RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11514407-rcu-member-jet-modeler-serious-accident.html)

bcovish 05-17-2013 10:38 AM

RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

David Hudson (DCM on rcu) was is a serious motorcycle accident this morning. He is in serious but stable condition right now with broken ribs, punctured lung and other injuries. The accident was caught on video at the gate to Lockheed where he works. Apparently a car pulled out in front of him. He is Harris Memorial Hospital in Ft. Worth TX.
Keep him in your prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.
If I hear any updates, I will post them.

grbaker 05-17-2013 10:40 AM

RE: RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

Thanks for info, Bob! We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

ps2727 05-17-2013 10:48 AM

Terrble news, praying for a speedy recovery.

basimpsn 05-17-2013 10:49 AM

Hope he makes a full & speedy recovery..thoughts and prayers.

patf 05-17-2013 11:12 AM

thoughts are with him for a quick recovery.

dubd 05-17-2013 11:26 AM

I hope he has a fast recovery. My thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

mr_matt 05-17-2013 11:29 AM

Hey Bob, I just spoke with him for the first time in years a few weeks ago, send him my best. I used to work at that same plant, treacherous around there.

FalconWings 05-17-2013 11:51 AM

Agree, the entrance to Plant 4 is a mad house in the morning. Have had a few unwanted close encounters myself.

I will try to visit him on my way out today.

Be strong Dave!

AMA234 05-17-2013 12:07 PM

Hey all, we're still here at the hospital. He's starting to stabilize and respond to questions, slight nods though so that's a good sign.
I told him to hurry up and get better so we can go flying and he nodded his head.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Les

Wap4life 05-17-2013 12:08 PM

Prayers go out for his speedy recovery!

smaze17 05-17-2013 01:41 PM

Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

S

tp777fo 05-17-2013 04:32 PM

Speed recovery my friend!

erbroens 05-17-2013 05:21 PM

Motorcycles seem great, we love them, but the truth is they suck... A very bad 19th century idea.

Wish a quick and complete recovery to DCM.

FalconWings 05-17-2013 05:34 PM

One good thing is that, though not required in Texas, Dave always wears his helmet. Sure helps.

Ron S 05-17-2013 06:00 PM

I saw a bunch of flashing lights near the gates (by the old tracks) on Clifford when I went to work this am, but since I park in the West lot, I was able to stay out of the area. I suspect that was the accident. [:o] We hope you get better, quick Dave! A little Zap CA applied in certain areas, and you'll be up-and-going in no time! ;) Hang in there,

CARS II 05-17-2013 06:16 PM

Speedy recovery Dave.

Having experienced this type of accident many years ago I can tell you it really sucks and you get angry ( I know I was ) a truck joined the road ahead of me then made a 90 degree turn to the left blocking the road, need less to say I went flying with a not so good landing but scape with minor injuries and a broken hand.

Hang on Dave, it will get better soon.

AMA234 05-17-2013 06:39 PM

Hudson is doing better. He is awake and aware of his surroundings and able to communicate by writing on a notepad. He still has a breathing tube and after they run a few tests it should come out fairly soon tonight. They are confident that he will be able to maintain fine without it.

Les

LGM Graphix 05-17-2013 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: erbroens

Motorcycles seem great, we love them, but the truth is they suck... A very bad 19th century idea.

Wish a quick and complete recovery to DCM.

I disagree, motorcycles aren't the issue, it's morons in cars that don't pay attention because they feel invincible. They are the same danger to pedestrians, bicyclists, other motorists as well as motorcyclists.
Hope David makes a full and fast recovery, he's one of the good ones!!!!

yeahbaby 05-17-2013 07:16 PM

Amen!! Now tell him to get back to the garage and finish the sader!!

Speedy recovery amigo!

And have to agree with Jeremy but that can be a topic for another forum or time.

Get well soon lil fella

ORIGINAL: Ron S

I saw a bunch of flashing lights near the gates (by the old tracks) on Clifford when I went to work this am, but since I park in the West lot, I was able to stay out of the area. I suspect that was the accident. [:o] We hope you get better, quick Dave! A little Zap CA applied in certain areas, and you'll be up-and-going in no time! ;) Hang in there,

lopflyers 05-17-2013 07:45 PM

I wish him a speedy recovery too. But my opinion of motorcycles is that there are two types of motorcycle drivers, the ones that had an accident and the ones that are going to have one.<div>In the ERs they call them organ donors.</div><div>Hopefully he is going to be at the flight line soon</div>

NickC5FE 05-17-2013 07:50 PM

Buddy, I hope you get better soon friend. Les, tell him I send best wishes and prayers. Nick

erbroens 05-17-2013 08:32 PM

I disagree, motorcycles aren't the issue, it's morons in cars that don't pay attention because they feel invincible. They are the same danger to pedestrians, bicyclists, other motorists as well as motorcyclists.

I respectfully disagree with you Jeremy. If a moron crashes on your vehicle, it makes a huge difference if there is some metal and airbags between you and his car. And the more the better.

And donĀ“t take me wrong! I had two bikes, know them well but when I lost a friend because a very small injury (broke his leg and got a embolism) I quitted even if I like bikes to this day.

wojtek 05-17-2013 09:47 PM

wow, that's always sad to hear when someone goes down :\ Wishing David a speedy recovery!

Motorcycles are great, but the fact is that its dangerous to ride them. I did not get a bike myself for a long time because i knew I could not trust myself on one. When i turned 30 i got a Harley NightRod (because i was still afraid of not trusting myself on a sport bike :D ) I always observer all the traffic rules, and rode when traffic was light. Often i would take my son (around 8 at that time ) after school for a ride out to the beach. It was a great time together. Having had the bike for a year, one day I rode out and as i was leaving my development, a car swerves head on int my lane ( i think the woman was avoiding a squirl ! ) . I turned hard, but bottomed out the frame and the bike came out from under me. Bike Totaled.. I had nasty road rash, but shockingly that was it. I got off easy.

I would Love to get another bike, but I would never take my son with me on it after that. I was so thankful he was not on it with me! .. so I did not get anotoher bike :\ I just cant tell my son that dad got another bike, but he cant go with me any more. One day when we move to where its less populated .. maybe then .. for now, i will travel on the INSIDE of the vehicle, lol

ride safe guys!

Voy

MP3_tilaco 05-18-2013 12:55 AM

I`m sorry for this news, I hope he get well soon.

pmerritt 05-18-2013 03:11 AM

Over 5,000 death here in the US last year from motorcycle accidents alone.  Helmets aren't going to save you.  They might keep your brains from spilling out on the street but you are going to suffer a closed head injury which a helmet complicates as it did a friend and police officer here that was in pursuit regarding a traffic violation.  He got creamed by an oncoming car.  They couldn't get his damned helmet off because his head had swollen instantaneously.  He died at the scene.

I saw a biker broadside a car pulling out of a parking lot at 45 mph.  His body pushed the center post half way into the vehicle.  He was nothing but body fluids on the inside of that car. 

A man in rush hour two years ago on my way home in the right lane on s curve was crowded by someone in a hurry to get home.  All he did was lay his bike down to avoid being side swiped.  As he did he slid curbside and straddled a fire hydrant.  Spilt him plumb in two.

None of those gentleman were saved by helmets and I bet if you could ask them about riding motorcylces, we probably all know what they would say. 

"Organ Donors"  EXACTLY!

I've had motorcycles.  It doesn't matter whose fault it is. You're still just as dead and somewhere a family tries to put life back together because you opted to travel unprotected. 

This man is lucky to have survived.  Damned lucky!