RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JR 28x information (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11612068-jr-28x-information.html)

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 03:55 AM

JR 28x information

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/propo/28x/

More information released by JR

LGM Graphix 01-16-2015 04:30 AM

It sounds really cool and I normally don't get excited about new radios. Just not sure how excited I can be with a $2700 price tag though.

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 07:05 AM

In the UK its a lot cheaper than the Futaba 18MZ. I still say look at your $2700 turbine...you are going to fly that and the rest of the model on this one Tx...what is your fleet worth, divide the Tx cost by that and I see cheap insurance

Dave

The $2700 turbine can also be smoked and you have nothing, you have to drive a truck over the Tx to get that...

Airforce7 01-16-2015 08:06 AM

Five home screens and telemetry widgets, looks cool... Will it be delivered in February though???

Airman98 01-16-2015 11:19 AM

Yeah I would say it would ship in Feb considering JR said that the delay has been a problem with a supplier and that has been resolved. Also the increased advertising and the fact JRamerica is now showing 6 xbus servos on their site is very promising.
On that link above if you click program, you can scroll through all the screens the 28x will have and if you click on the first icon you can see what each icon will look like. Really impressive!!!

Airman98 01-16-2015 11:21 AM

http://youtu.be/NTVX8E-zsaI

DiscoWings 01-16-2015 11:36 AM

Wonder if it will allow compatibility with DSM2/X

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 12:32 PM

Wonder if it will allow compatibility with DSM2/X

No...Worlds apart.

DiscoWings 01-16-2015 01:26 PM

That's too bad, many people have DSM2/DSMX rx in there planes. Knowing JR they probably are working on DMSS2.
One of the good things about the 18mz was that it allowed you to select form all 5 different futaba frequencies so all of your old rx would still work.

mr_matt 01-16-2015 01:39 PM

Does this have one or 2 radios in the TX? by 2 radios I mean like weatronics and jeti

Is there any xbus compatibility (even stealth compatibility) with Futaba S bus servos?

I held the radio at AMA show, it was very nice. lovely gimbals.

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 01:39 PM

If JR had originated DSM-2 maybe they would too, its not down to JR to way I understand it.

DMSS is here to stay, I have some very very clever friends and they are mighty impressed with the system. I can't fault it either, its JR's long term future that they now control.
I Europe there are some legal issues going on with 2.4 and JR's DMSS is one that totally conforms...

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mr_matt (Post 11962951)
Does this have one or 2 radios in the TX? by 2 radios I mean like weatronics and jeti

Is there any xbus compatibility (even stealth compatibility) with Futaba S bus servos?

I held the radio at AMA show, it was very nice. lovely gimbals.

No, just one...they must be more confident that those guys ;-)

Not that I understand, JR's Bus servos work with Xbus or PWM as they are clever!

Its JR and JR, I don't see Apple helping people with Blackberry's!

JR have had the best gimbals....since time began. I have had Futaba users talk about JR gimbals for years and years, one a world champion who said he'd love Futaba to have PCM 10/12x gimbals.

Like I said, in our game the radio is a tiny cost compared to what it protects...

fireblade5437 01-16-2015 01:54 PM

Weatronic Bat 60 also totally conforms with the latest ETSI European specs plus has 2 separate Tx with patch antennas on board...
and cheaper!
Also all PCB's are MIL spec..

Alan

Dave Wilshere 01-16-2015 01:57 PM

Definitely cheaper, worst sticks I have ever tried!
They have big guys behind them, but...no

LGM Graphix 01-16-2015 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere (Post 11962681)
In the UK its a lot cheaper than the Futaba 18MZ. I still say look at your $2700 turbine...you are going to fly that and the rest of the model on this one Tx...what is your fleet worth, divide the Tx cost by that and I see cheap insurance

Dave

The $2700 turbine can also be smoked and you have nothing, you have to drive a truck over the Tx to get that...

No question Dave, I just meant for me, my 12X still does more than I need for my jets and I have never had a problem with that radio, here's hoping it stays that way. I like some of the features the 28X is talking about and you're right, it's the link to your model, but like I say, I'd have to have a good reason to switch I guess. Not saying it's not worth it, but I've never even used up all 12 channels in the jets I fly haha.

Dave Wilshere 01-17-2015 01:08 AM

Absolutely, I can't see me ever selling my DSX-12, I still have most of my JR tx's going back years, all perfect. I still have my CARF Hawk, DerJet Vampire and Cougar on the DSX-12 and I see no reason to change any of them, but the future is DMSS and guys who have one Tx (I have 5 others) do lots of hours on their DSX-12 and its now 7 years old. Most of the people buying them will run both systems for a while, the whole Xbus (bus) set up will take a little getting used to so the change can be gradual.

Dave

Tom Antlfinger 01-17-2015 06:35 AM

How many PWM channel are available on the XMTR? On the demo, I see only 8 channels listed with the rest being X-bus channels, I guess. So is it really an 8 channel XMTR with the other advertised 20 channels requiring X-Bus, much like the 18MZ is a 14 PWM XMTR, with the last 4/18 channels requiring S-BUS?
At least one LHS is selling the 18MZ for $2695.00 USD, so price is not an issue here in the US.

TA

muzzgail 01-17-2015 10:12 AM

I had the 12x for years and it was great. The XG14 absolutely left it behind. I ran both side by side for a while and then sold the 12x and all the receivers when I was confident that the XG14 had surpassed the 12x in every area, as far as I was concerned. The 28X is something that I have my eye on at the moment, as I have a very large tomcat that is channel hungry. 14 channels will fly it, but 18 channels would give me more safety mixes to turn off flaps and slats and ailerons when swinging the wing, . Come on more channels, I can use them on this model. Some of the bombers I have had were very hungry for channels, but we always made do with what we had. Bomb bays, rotating turrets and the list goes on usually. It would be nice to have too many channels for once. just my opinion.

Dave Wilshere 01-17-2015 11:37 AM

Function wise the XG-11 and 14 offer way more,but I have only been flying them a couple of years, so they are yet to be DSX-12 bullet proof. My store sold more DSX-12 radios than any other UK store and I had zero returns in 6 years of selling them-that's a big deal...

The new models like the Skymaster F-14 this radio is going to be great.

jcterrettaz 01-17-2015 12:55 PM

I had the 12x for years and it was great. The XG14 absolutely left it behind.

Totally agree the XG 14 is fantastic + i'm getting use with this XBus and make life a bit simpler ( when you understand the concept)

Erik van Dijen 01-20-2015 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere (Post 11962962)

What's in your opinion the worst part of the W.sticks? I agree JR-sticks are the best I ever used.
Erik.

Dave Wilshere 01-20-2015 12:59 PM

Erik
Transition through axis, they just were not smooth. I like soft springs, you can feel every resistance and change of load as the stick is moved.
Dave

olnico 01-20-2015 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere (Post 11962962)

Is this a joke?

spike5150 03-09-2015 01:32 PM

Manual now available online at JRAmericas:

http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/28...RA-2015-02.pdf

kirkj 03-09-2015 01:50 PM

Got one in my hands. just starting to move models over. so far love it.