RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Igyro delta wing only on (AILE-A / ELEV-A)? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11622484-igyro-delta-wing-only-aile-elev.html)

basimpsn 10-07-2015 04:07 AM

Igyro delta wing only on (AILE-A / ELEV-A)?

Ok last night I was trying to setup my (IGYRO-E3) on my delta wing Jet. Each wing have two servos on independent receivers for redundancy and it work perfectly for years (please don't question my redundancy phobia lol). Here is my problem...when I program the gyro for delta wing only input ELEV-A and AILE-A function in delta mode. ELEV-B and AILE-B function without the delta mix...is this normal?

CraigG 10-07-2015 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by basimpsn (Post 12109773)
Ok last night I was trying to setup my (IGYRO-E3) on my delta wing Jet. Each wing have two servos on independent receivers for redundancy and it work perfectly for years (please don't question my redundancy phobia lol). Here is my problem...when I program the gyro for delta wing only input ELEV-A and AILE-A function in delta mode. ELEV-B and AILE-B function without the delta mix...is this normal?

Need a little more clarification. Not sure how you are trying to use one gyro with a two receiver set up.

FYI, when I set up my V-tail Fouga Magister with the Igyro-e3 I had to disable the RUDD/ELVE mixing in the transmitter (as per the "pop-up" instructions when I programmed the gyro), because the I gyro handles the mixing. I'm sure its the same with Elvons.

Craig

basimpsn 10-07-2015 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by CraigG (Post 12109817)
Need a little more clarification. Not sure how you are trying to use one gyro with a two receiver set up.

FYI, when I set up my V-tail Fouga Magister with the Igyro-e3 I had to disable the RUDD/ELVE mixing in the transmitter (as per the "pop-up" instructions when I programmed the gyro), because the I gyro handles the mixing. I'm sure its the same with Elvons.

Craig

Well the gyro have 5 inputs and 5 output each signal independent of each other. One of my two (futaba system) receivers output goes into Igyro (Ail-A) and (ELE-A)the other receiver goes into (Ail-b and Ele-B).
My problem is only (Ail-A) and (ELE-A) delta function works. So in other words...Half the gyro function as delta wing and half convention wing. Program was done via computer.

My Cortex gyro on another jet works ok with the same setup.
P.S there is no delta mix in my TX.

CraigG 10-07-2015 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by basimpsn (Post 12109853)
Well the gyro have 5 inputs and 5 output each signal independent of each other. One of my two (futaba system) receivers output goes into Igyro (Ail-A) and (ELE-A)the other receiver goes into (Ail-b and Ele-B).
My problem is only (Ail-A) and (ELE-A) delta function works. So in other words...Half the gyro function as delta wing and half convention wing. Program was done via computer.

My Cortex gyro on another jet works ok with the same setup.
P.S there is no delta mix in my TX.

OK, that helps. I just checked and the Powerbox "Quick Tip" pop-up for wing type says that in Elvon, the L/R elvons should be plugged into Aile A and Elve A. No mention of Aile B or Elve B. Bottom line, I don't think the Igyro-e3 supports a four servo elvon setup.

basimpsn 10-07-2015 08:34 AM

Sure look that way :( oh well thanks for your help:)

Jgwright 10-08-2015 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by basimpsn (Post 12109773)

I have the same arrangement as you on 2 deltas. i.e. there are 2 elevons per side for redundancy as they are over the UK weight limit. I have a different gyro but the principle is the same, the outer servos that have the most effect to control roll are connected to the gyro. This damps out the un-commanded movement. This way if the gyro fails for any reason there is still one elevon each side working. I do not have gyro on elevator movement and the elevons are set up from the transmitter. The plane is rock steady when flying.

John

basimpsn 10-08-2015 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jgwright (Post 12110230)
I have the same arrangement as you on 2 deltas. i.e. there are 2 elevons per side for redundancy as they are over the UK weight limit. I have a different gyro but the principle is the same, the outer servos that have the most effect to control roll are connected to the gyro. This damps out the un-commanded movement. This way if the gyro fails for any reason there is still one elevon each side working. I do not have gyro on elevator movement and the elevons are set up from the transmitter. The plane is rock steady when flying.

John

Cool setup man!! I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with crazy redundancy setup :cool: I might have to steal your setup. I really think IGYRO overlook something in the code..because it just don't make sense to have half the gyro function as delta and half standard wing setup.

Jgwright 10-08-2015 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by basimpsn (Post 12110256)
Cool setup man!! I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with crazy redundancy setup :cool: I might have to steal your setup. I really think IGYRO overlook something in the code..because it just don't make sense to have half the gyro function as delta and half standard wing setup.

I didn't mention that I have 2 receivers and Powerbox RRS using 2 batteries.

John

basimpsn 10-08-2015 04:19 AM

I would be surprise if you didn't have 2 RX, 2 batteries:). I like how your gyro is on a separate servos... Sounds even better that way.

"Redundancy" that's the only part of the "hobby I don't keep it simple" :cool:

CraigG 10-08-2015 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by basimpsn (Post 12110278)
I would be surprise if you didn't have 2 RX, 2 batteries:). I like how your gyro is on a separate servos... Sounds even better that way.

"Redundancy" that's the only part of the "hobby I don't keep it simple" :cool:

Sounds like all you need to do is split your elvons on each side with a single servo controlling each section. Hook up your gyro to the outboard sections and off you go.

basimpsn 10-08-2015 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by CraigG (Post 12110321)
Sounds like all you need to do is split your elvons on each side with a single servo controlling each section. Hook up your gyro to the outboard sections and off you go.

Believe me after reading Jgwright setup it's very temping. But I want to fly this weekend so back to basic flying :)

Man still no experience flying Jets with gyro :(