RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   What other jet related rumors can we start? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11629656-what-other-jet-related-rumors-can-we-start.html)

LGM Graphix 05-21-2016 10:27 AM

What other jet related rumors can we start?

How about this one, RAM turbines are reorganizing and revamping in a partnership with SWB turbines and they are soon to release a 60lb thrust turbine that will be the size of a K60 and sell for only $450, made of all chinese sand castings (not metal formed in a sand casting but the sand casting itself) they will run at a temperature plenty hot to instantly turn the sand into glass and operate at unheard of temperatures. All while sipping only .25oz of fuel per minute!!!!

They will have a sole distributorship with BVFEJL except for selling direct at a 50% discount with free shipping. These engines will not need any warranty as they are using a special nitrogen charged air bearing so there is no direct contact with anything in the engine, no contact ='s no parts to ever wear out! Not only that they will run on pure water if you want, first runs must be made on plutonium in order to reach the temps needed to create glass instantly, do not use water on the first run or your engine will turn to mud.

Disclaimer, none of this is true, except for the part that if you had a turbine made of sand and ran it with water it would turn to mud.

RBardin 05-21-2016 11:39 AM

I heard John Travolta flew the Playboy GlasCat after the molds were reworked for a proprietary honeycomb merkin composite by FEJ...

TimD. 05-21-2016 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix (Post 12216258)
How about this one, RAM turbines are reorganizing and revamping in a partnership with SWB turbines and they are soon to release a 60lb thrust turbine that will be the size of a K60 and sell for only $450, made of all chinese sand castings (not metal formed in a sand casting but the sand casting itself) they will run at a temperature plenty hot to instantly turn the sand into glass and operate at unheard of temperatures. All while sipping only .25oz of fuel per minute!!!!

They will have a sole distributorship with BVFEJL except for selling direct at a 50% discount with free shipping. These engines will not need any warranty as they are using a special nitrogen charged air bearing so there is no direct contact with anything in the engine, no contact ='s no parts to ever wear out! Not only that they will run on pure water if you want, first runs must be made on plutonium in order to reach the temps needed to create glass instantly, do not use water on the first run or your engine will turn to mud.

Disclaimer, none of this is true, except for the part that if you had a turbine made of sand and ran it with water it would turn to mud.

I heard they were going to use magnetic displacement instead of bearings so there was zero friction.

f106jax 05-21-2016 12:40 PM

I heard that the FAA is here to help us.

RBardin 05-21-2016 02:21 PM

I heard the first rounds on Mike at FIF :) hehe!

mr_matt 05-21-2016 02:51 PM

I heard the AMA finally decided to explain to Congress the difference between a drone and a model aircraft.

Kelly Rohrbach 05-21-2016 02:58 PM

I heard desertlakeflying finally got his O rings

DrV 05-21-2016 03:38 PM

I heard TSA now will be inspecting our jets for flammables before each flight.

yeahbaby 05-21-2016 03:43 PM

Hahaha TSA reminds me of a great South Park episode

Birdman6310 05-21-2016 11:18 PM

Naughty naughty no politics !

The mod has spoken.

Propworn 05-22-2016 05:05 AM

Speed limit for Jets coming up 160 mph tops.

f106jax 05-22-2016 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by RBardin (Post 12216312)
I heard the first rounds on Mike at FIF :) hehe!

HaHaHa! Only for those arriving in an AMX!

LGM Graphix 05-22-2016 07:48 AM

sweet, somebody was offended enough to give this thread one star hahaha.

FalconWings 05-22-2016 08:21 AM

I heard a well known R/C entrepreneur has acquired FEJ tools and has a couple of well known folks (stateside) redesigning the airframes, but will still conform to existing tooling. Same guy is also having a well known stateside machine shop redesign the landing gears to be built in Asia.....with the expectations to be able to maintain FEJ target prices.

grbaker 05-22-2016 09:20 AM

Yellow Aircraft has been purchased by FEJ. They are in the process of re-engineering the entire YA line to their standards.

Eddie P 05-22-2016 09:35 AM

Word on the street is if you buy a Fry Eagle Jet before 4th of July, in celebration of Imperial Yankee Holiday, you get a box of meat with the Jet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ksr0AqieEw

afterburner 05-22-2016 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie P (Post 12216505)
Word on the street is if you buy a Fry Eagle Jet before 4th of July, in celebration of Imperial Yankee Holiday, you get a box of meat with the Jet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ksr0AqieEw

Great! I had to click on that video now as my wife is on her way home with some P.F. Changs:(. Thanks.

ravill 05-23-2016 08:32 AM

LOL! Great thread Jeremy!

I heard ET is the new dali lama, Discowings has friends and Frank Tiano found a runway without crosswinds!!

Whew, I can rest in peace now.

LGM Graphix 05-23-2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ravill (Post 12216854)
LOL! Great thread Jeremy!

I heard ET is the new dali lama, Discowings has friends and Frank Tiano found a runway without crosswinds!!

Whew, I can rest in peace now.

:D;) hahahahaha

FenderBean 05-23-2016 09:37 AM

Been having a rough couple of days but that made me almost spit my Starbucks out my nose lol

rbxbear44 05-23-2016 12:07 PM

I heard several jet companies are going to outer fuse skin dimple patterns like they use on golf balls, which creates great aerodynamics BUT, generates back spin, thus reducing landing rollout, even causing a jet, when properly hit...to backup once all tires are on the ground.

Rex

dbsonic 05-23-2016 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by grbaker (Post 12216502)
Yellow Aircraft has been purchased by FEJ. They are in the process of re-engineering the entire YA line to their standards.

Name of company is "Fly Fly Fly Dammit Fly"

Carsten Groen 05-24-2016 01:33 AM

Transmitter producers finally taking telemetry for jets seriously....

Scott Douglas 05-24-2016 05:43 AM

JetLegend have a new website that for once actually shows what they currently have for sale? :rolleyes:

ravill 05-24-2016 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Douglas (Post 12217299)
JetLegend have a new website that for once actually shows what they currently have for sale? :rolleyes:

Sounds like it might be bvmjets.com! :(