RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11630686-kingtech-presents-all-new-t1-sports-jet.html)

winter1 08-23-2020 10:00 AM

Guys, how do you set "fail safe" on your jets? ***winter***

Dansy 08-23-2020 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by winter1 (Post 12626625)

全ince your on Jeti.....the same way I set the rest in the CB痴 set at 1.5 secs

Kingtech motor also have a failsafe set to 1.5 seconds in the ecu software...

Tip22v 08-23-2020 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by winter1 (Post 12626625)

Do you mean what position I set each channel, like HOLD vs. a preset position? Or do you mean how long for system to wait until executing Failsafe positions?
i wish Cortex and PB had something like the Jeti Assist Intelligent Failsafe feature.

camss69 08-23-2020 06:25 PM

I’m in interested in hearing how others setup failsafe on their jets as well. Specifically hold, or a set position and why? Aside from throttle to idle.... I usually just go with hold since i have no idea when and where a failsafe condition might happen. I can’t see how setting any surface to any set position is going to do any good.

camss69 08-23-2020 07:56 PM

So I went to install my steering servo into the nose gear mount (I’m using Electron) and to my surprise it doesn’t fit! It’s too wide for the mount which I didn’t even think would be an issue. I’m using a Savox 1267 (I think it is) because I happened to have it on hand. Does anyone have a HV Savox servo that does fit? I’d like to keep them all Savox. If not, anyone recommend a good HV MKS that fits?

MarkF 08-23-2020 09:19 PM

My servo was a tight fit too. I took a small sanding board and made the opening bigger. It only needed to be 1 mm bigger.

Dansy 08-24-2020 03:52 AM

I had to file the opening in mine a little as well....

For the failsafe......I program, gear up, flaps up, motor off.....and all surfaces to the trimmed neutral positions.....and then I would pray that it doesn’t hit anyone or anything.....

Tip22v 08-24-2020 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by camss69 (Post 12626717)
I’m in interested in hearing how others setup failsafe on their jets as well. Specifically hold, or a set position and why? Aside from throttle to idle.... I usually just go with hold since i have no idea when and where a failsafe condition might happen. I can’t see how setting any surface to any set position is going to do any good.

I go with setting Ailerons, Rudder, and Elevator to neutral, Flaps Up, Gear Up, Throttle OFF. I agree that it likely won't do any good no matter what you set it to, that's just what I do. Regarding the gear, I figure there is a slightly better chance the gear will survive if they are retracted. This is why I really like the Jeti Assist Intelligent Failsafe feature, sadly a similar feature is not available on Cortex or iGyro. Intelligent Failsafe, if activated, puts the aircraft in a gyro stabilized level decent until impact, which greatly improves the chances of your turbine and other gear surviving. As Dansy noted above, prayers are needed to avoid hitting someone or something. -Tom

smcharg 08-24-2020 09:19 AM

All,

I have an extra New In Box Advanced Radio Smooth Flight ARXL w/Gyro and Sequencing if anyone is interested. I know Pacific RC is out and I'd let it go if someone needs one. PM me if you're interested.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...ecce29d867.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...83f8ae50f7.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...e33a3340ac.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...42e10b7a14.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...afed2b325a.jpg

Dansy 08-24-2020 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tip22v (Post 12626839)
I go with setting Ailerons, Rudder, and Elevator to neutral, Flaps Up, Gear Up, Throttle OFF. I agree that it likely won't do any good no matter what you set it to, that's just what I do. Regarding the gear, I figure there is a slightly better chance the gear will survive if they are retracted. This is why I really like the Jeti Assist Intelligent Failsafe feature, sadly a similar feature is not available on Cortex or iGyro. Intelligent Failsafe, if activated, puts the aircraft in a gyro stabilized level decent until impact, which greatly improves the chances of your turbine and other gear surviving. As Dansy noted above, prayers are needed to avoid hitting someone or something. -Tom

Actually the stabilize descent is not something I would use...it only extend the glide area....I rather get it in the ground closer to where I知 flying less chance to do any harm or damage...

If I would ever loose link (never did before 40+ years) I wouldn稚 be concerned much about saving the plane....I can always cry after it痴 safe deep into the ground.... :)

Tip22v 08-25-2020 01:19 PM

I

Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12626853)
Actually the stabilize descent is not something I would use...it only extend the glide area....I rather get it in the ground closer to where I’m flying less chance to do any harm or damage...

If I would ever loose link (never did before 40+ years) I wouldn’t be concerned much about saving the plane....I can always cry after it’s safe deep into the ground.... :)

Thanks for your perspective, it's good to understand all the different options and reasonings. I suppose there are an infinite number of ways to game this scenario, one thing is certain though, loosing control of a 35 lb turbine jet is a bad thing. Be care about saying "never did..." because I went 42 years before I lost my first (and only one so far) aircraft to a radio problem:). -Tom

Dansy 08-25-2020 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tip22v (Post 12627174)
I

Thanks for your perspective, it's good to understand all the different options and reasonings. I suppose there are an infinite number of ways to game this scenario, one thing is certain though, loosing control of a 35 lb turbine jet is a bad thing. Be care about saying "never did..." because I went 42 years before I lost my first (and only one so far) aircraft to a radio problem:). -Tom

I guess I知 safe.....I知 above that 42 years mark 🤪

just joking....I知 not superstitious.......

MarkF 08-25-2020 05:08 PM

Well mines up on her feet. Got all the servos and retracts done. Waiting on a part for my fan and then I can finish her up. https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...39117be02e.jpg

winter1 08-25-2020 10:13 PM

Thank you guys. :)
Yesterday I weighed T1, and adjusted the CG. I'll start at 255mm from the leading edge. Weight with UAT filling + about 1 cm of fuel is less than 14 kg - / 30.68 lb /. ***winter***

smcharg 08-26-2020 04:38 AM

Mine finally showed up exactly (to the day) 8 months after ordering. Dirk was fantastic through the process and y'all were right....it was worth the wait. Even after seeing pictures and understanding what 2.2 meters means, this jet was still bigger than I thought it was. The paint is beautiful with only a few minor blemishes which I'll be able to buff right out. Can't wait to get going on it. The purple is much more brilliant that it looks in the pictures as well.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...b5e72bd050.jpg

MarkF 08-26-2020 08:07 AM

Looks good Scott. I know what you mean about how big it is. I'm doing mine electric and the size is a little intimidating.

cbk07 08-26-2020 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12627283)
Mine finally showed up exactly (to the day) 8 months after ordering. Dirk was fantastic through the process and y'all were right....it was worth the wait. Even after seeing pictures and understanding what 2.2 meters means, this jet was still bigger than I thought it was. The paint is beautiful with only a few minor blemishes which I'll be able to buff right out. Can't wait to get going on it. The purple is much more brilliant that it looks in the pictures as well.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...b5e72bd050.jpg

Looks great! You値l like it even more when you fly it. Enjoy!!

cbk07 08-26-2020 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by winter1 (Post 12627241)
Thank you guys. :)
Yesterday I weighed T1, and adjusted the CG. I'll start at 255mm from the leading edge. Weight with UAT filling + about 1 cm of fuel is less than 14 kg - / 30.68 lb /. ***winter***

Perfect!! It flies perfectly at that CG. Good luck with the maiden

winter1 08-28-2020 09:56 AM

Hi guys, as for the expo setting. You have set the expo only in stabilization mode /off/ or even when stabilization / normal on/. I was wondering if the expo setting in stabilization mode / normal on / could not reduce the stabilization efficiency. For example, Jeti recommends not using the expo on its Rx Assist, with stabilization turned on. ***winter***

Dansy 08-28-2020 10:01 AM

I have expo....lower then if I didn’t have a Gyro....the gyro has one rate and on all the time, I have it on a switch in case of gyro trouble....

winter1 08-29-2020 07:28 AM

Hi Daniel, I'm sorry, but I don't understand your answer. You have an expo in all modes, or just in a mode where you fly without a gyro /gyro off/..... ***winter***

Dansy 08-29-2020 08:25 AM

In all modes......just a lot less expo, then if I didn’t install a gyro..

winter1 08-29-2020 09:03 AM

OK.... :)
When you have a moment, please see how much expo rate you have on your radio, when using gyro.
In the afternoon I tested on the ground whether the size of the expo affects the operation of CortexPro. Whether I gave an expo of 0% or 100%, the gyro always had the same efficiency. I didn't measure it, I just checked it with a look. ***winter***

causeitflies 08-29-2020 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by winter1 (Post 12628131)
OK.... :)
When you have a moment, please see how much expo rate you have on your radio, when using gyro.
In the afternoon I tested on the ground whether the size of the expo affects the operation of CortexPro. Whether I gave an expo of 0% or 100%, the gyro always had the same efficiency. I didn't measure it, I just checked it with a look. ***winter***

Expo won't have an effect on the gyro.It only affects how the controls (sticks) feel to you.

cbk07 08-29-2020 09:27 AM

My experience is that with the gyro turned on, it feels as though you have more expo than you actually have. For maidens, I set up radio with more expo and gyro off. Once trimmed, I refly with gyro on. It will usually feel a little dead around mid stick. I then start to decrease expo settings until it again feels right to me

My maidens are usually 35-45% expo, gyro off. Once I turn gyro on, I am usually closer to 25% expo....but again it is a all a personal feel thing and varies from plane to plane and radio to radio