RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11630686-kingtech-presents-all-new-t1-sports-jet.html)

AEROSHELDON 06-04-2021 10:07 AM

I used Nir last time as well... good guy

winter1 06-04-2021 11:51 AM

This is a link directly to the manufacturer: https://shop.revoc.eu/
The problem will probably be the duty and the price of postage. Even so, I would try to contact him. ***winter***

smcharg 06-14-2021 05:30 AM

Gentlemen,

My T1 is ready for maiden. I have a 12ft. V-nose trailer that I converted to a RC trailer. I have the shelf that spans the width of the trailer which has carried my F3A airplanes forever. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on how to transport these jets (specifically the T1) in the trailer and am hoping some of you with trailers can show me some pictures of what you're doing. I don't want to hijack the thread but if a few pictures were put here with your T1's in the trailer, that would keep us on topic...right? :cool:

Any ideas are welcome.

cbk07 06-14-2021 06:31 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682018)
Gentlemen,

My T1 is ready for maiden. I have a 12ft. V-nose trailer that I converted to a RC trailer. I have the shelf that spans the width of the trailer which has carried my F3A airplanes forever. I'm having trouble coming up with ideas on how to transport these jets (specifically the T1) in the trailer and am hoping some of you with trailers can show me some pictures of what you're doing. I don't want to hijack the thread but if a few pictures were put here with your T1's in the trailer, that would keep us on topic...right? :cool:

Any ideas are welcome.

I buy 2” memory foam mattered toppers and cut them up. Then use L-track and a couple of bungees to secure
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...46640ec6f.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...bfef788a4.jpeg


smcharg 06-14-2021 06:52 AM

CBK,

That's awesome. By the way, your scheme is costing me more money. I'm using this as a baseline to do a Valentino Rossi (MotoGP) scheme since he rides for Petronas SRT Yamaha now.

Thank you for the idea. This is great!
Scott

Dansy 06-14-2021 07:11 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12680570)
If you pull to a 45 degree upline and roll inverted, are you tucking towards the nose i.e. you have to hold a decent amount of down elevator to hold the 45? Certainly, I understand holding a little but, on my friend's, it seems excessive.

Inside Revoc bags for all my fuses and wings on top of 3” foam on shelf’s
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...c779db065.jpeg



Dansy 06-14-2021 07:12 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682035)
CBK,

That's awesome. By the way, your scheme is costing me more money. I'm using this as a baseline to do a Valentino Rossi (MotoGP) scheme since he rides for Petronas SRT Yamaha now.

Thank you for the idea. This is great!
Scott

Your welcome for the scheme ;) I got the original one 😬

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...28c26908e.jpeg

smcharg 06-14-2021 07:15 AM


Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12682041)
Your welcome for the scheme ;) I got the original one 😬

I knew you did the original scheme and thought, if I don't thank Dansy, I'm gonna hear about it. Then, I forgot. Good job, huh. I do love that scheme. Also, thank you for the pix of your trailer. Did you just run to Walmart and pick up the foam or did you order something special?

Dansy 06-14-2021 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682043)
I knew you did the original scheme and thought, if I don't thank Dansy, I'm gonna hear about it. Then, I forgot. Good job, huh. I do love that scheme. Also, thank you for the pix of your trailer. Did you just run to Walmart and pick up the foam or did you order something special?

Ahah not really need any thanks…..looking forward to see Valentino scheme, I always
like him, but no moto gp showing on sat here

smcharg 06-14-2021 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12682044)
Ahah not really need any thanks…..looking forward to see Valentino scheme, I alsways
lime him, but no moto gp showing on sat here

They killed it in the states as well. I had to buy MotoGp's Videopass to watch the races. Totally worth it. I suspect this is his last year riding. He's had a horrible start to the season. It'd be nice to do a T1 for his last full time ride.

Dansy 06-14-2021 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682047)
They killed it in the states as well. I had to buy MotoGp's Videopass to watch the races. Totally worth it. I suspect this is his last year riding. He's had a horrible start to the season. It'd be nice to do a T1 for his last full time ride.

Yes he seem doing pretty good….the foam was pickup on Amazon….24x72x3”

AEROSHELDON 06-14-2021 10:16 AM

Here are a few trailer ideas.....



https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...b49153e76f.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...004222834c.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...3c2c09416.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...73a561c77.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...71082310c.jpeg

smcharg 06-14-2021 10:22 AM


Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON (Post 12682079)
Here are a few trailer ideas.....

Perfect! Thanks Sheldon.

Scott

737Driver 06-14-2021 05:51 PM

A few more ideas for your trailer transport.....


keeps the center open to get in and out of. Up front there is a workbench, this was taken before that bench was installed


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...d16aa1a8b.jpeg

cbk07 06-15-2021 03:25 AM

Looking forward to seeing the Rossi scheme Scott! You can buy king size toppers from Amazon or Ebay really reasonably. At 79" wide, you can get (4) almost 20" strips from a king size.https://www.ebay.com/itm/18376858235...Cclp%3A2047675 Easy to cut with an electric carving knife. The L-track I use is from Mytee Products and makes it very adjustable. Can be easily cut to any length https://www.myteeproducts.com/4-foot...-aluminum.html

clavin 06-15-2021 03:57 AM


Originally Posted by cbk07 (Post 12682201)
Looking forward to seeing the Rossi scheme Scott! You can buy king size toppers from Amazon or Ebay really reasonably. At 79" wide, you can get (4) almost 20" strips from a king size.https://www.ebay.com/itm/18376858235...Cclp%3A2047675 Easy to cut with an electric carving knife. The L-track I use is from Mytee Products and makes it very adjustable. Can be easily cut to any length https://www.myteeproducts.com/4-foot...-aluminum.html

I recommend putting the track vertical as opposed to horizontal though.. In the future it allows you to change you shelf height......



smcharg 06-15-2021 04:17 AM

Thanks guys. I bought some 3" x 24" x 72" medium density foam on Amazon for like $49 yesterday evening and will do the same as y'all did for strapping down the fuse. I have places for wings but didn't really know what to do for the fuse. Now, I have a good understanding of what y'all typically do.

Clavin, I think CBK was talking about the L-track which he placed on his shelf such that he can reposition his tiedown blocks depending on the jet. I do agree with you and one mistake that I'll correct in the next trailer. My shelf height is fixed because I placed that E-track system horizontal. I may wind up having to move that down now with these jets. Not a huge deal but your recommendation is warranted for shelf height for sure.

cbk07 06-15-2021 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682206)
Thanks guys. I bought some 3" x 24" x 72" medium density foam on Amazon for like $49 yesterday evening and will do the same as y'all did for strapping down the fuse. I have places for wings but didn't really know what to do for the fuse. Now, I have a good understanding of what y'all typically do.

Clavin, I think CBK was talking about the L-track which he placed on his shelf such that he can reposition his tiedown blocks depending on the jet. I do agree with you and one mistake that I'll correct in the next trailer. My shelf height is fixed because I placed that E-track system horizontal. I may wind up having to move that down now with these jets. Not a huge deal but your recommendation is warranted for shelf height for sure.

Exactly Scott. My E-Track is vertical which makes shelf adjustments easy, but L-track is just for tie downs and placed on shelf/floor

smcharg 06-16-2021 08:40 AM

AEROSHELDON Where did you get those straps? I found the blocks that are secured to the shelf and picked them up on Amazon but couldn't find those straps. I bought some 48" velcro straps and they'll work but I like yours better. It looks in the pictures like they're part of the blocks.

AEROSHELDON 06-16-2021 08:58 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682398)
AEROSHELDON Where did you get those straps? I found the blocks that are secured to the shelf and picked them up on Amazon but couldn't find those straps. I bought some 48" velcro straps and they'll work but I like yours better. It looks in the pictures like they're part of the blocks.

I just got some wide double sided Velcro and attached to D-Rings with a large stapler. Worked good.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...50f955b0a.jpeg

smcharg 06-16-2021 09:42 AM

Perfect. Thanks. Zoomed in, I get it. Thought you found some special strap and I was jealous. :)

AEROSHELDON 06-16-2021 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12682405)
Perfect. Thanks. Zoomed in, I get it. Thought you found some special strap and I was jealous. :)

I did, they are one of a kind! LOL

Zeeb 06-16-2021 03:31 PM

I've got a T-One Sport Jet Wing and stab soft case if someone might want it? My builder guy put mine in the dirt on the Maiden flight and I cannot come to terms with Dirk on a replacement. He wants it paid for 100% in advance with no defined delivery date and I will not do that. These bags are out of stock at PRCJ, go for $195.00. This bag is basically new, only made one trip to the model field.

Let me know if interested.

Raven1978 06-19-2021 02:13 AM

I have mine in a cedar cradle that is secured to the trailer floor. In the cutouts for the jet, there is 1” closed cell foam for padding.


https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...70f2bdf84.jpeg

smcharg 06-21-2021 05:14 AM

Well, I got mine figured out thanks to you all. I did have to lower my shelf but that was no problem. I used 3" x 24" x 72" medium density foam to create the "bed" and then found some 48" velcro straps and some screw-down restraints. This worked perfectly. Sunday, I finally finished the jet. She's balanced right on the center of the wing tube and now ready for the maiden. She's got the Kingtech K140, Futaba 32MZ and the Powerbox Mercury in her. I'm hoping to maiden her this coming Saturday. This has been a long process but I'm thankful to you all for the help here and there. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Thanks again to everyone,
Scott

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...0a1f6fa6ec.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...2624b6fb2d.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...f92bf3cc76.jpg


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.