RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11630686-kingtech-presents-all-new-t1-sports-jet.html)

gunradd 01-30-2017 07:06 AM

My friend just got his T1 this last weekend and the quality is great.... Better then the prototype I have even. He is very happy with it and hopes to have it ready for FLjets.

For those not wanting them to work on other plane types...... If they don't work on their future they wont have a future. The factory is now producing 25 T1s a month. That is plenty and will get them caught up after a while. If they made more molds for the T1 and another line then when the T1 production gets caught up they will have all this extra tooling and no other planes to sell. It is short sighted to expect them to hire more workers make more molds for a single airplane type and does not make production sense at all. They are making enough T1s a month now. Last December only 6 went out. January 26 where shipped.

Bottom line is if you don't want to wait then Dirk is more then happy to send you your money back.

jlmaviation 01-30-2017 07:55 AM

Has anyone received the T1 in the Jolly Roger scheme?? If so please post pictures. Thanks.

Digital Pilot 01-30-2017 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by gunradd (Post 12301131)
My friend just got his T1 this last weekend and the quality is great.... Better then the prototype I have even. He is very happy with it and hopes to have it ready for FLjets.

For those not wanting them to work on other plane types...... If they don't work on their future they wont have a future. The factory is now producing 25 T1s a month. That is plenty and will get them caught up after a while. If they made more molds for the T1 and another line then when the T1 production gets caught up they will have all this extra tooling and no other planes to sell. It is short sighted to expect them to hire more workers make more molds for a single airplane type and does not make production sense at all. They are making enough T1s a month now. Last December only 6 went out. January 26 where shipped.

Bottom line is if you don't want to wait then Dirk is more then happy to send you your money back.

Agree...

Remember, The owners/engineers/designers are the ones building the new designs and prototypes. The main stream assembly and factory workers are the ones building the production units with owners/engineers/designers oversite.

IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. I know it sucks but when you have a new product of this caliber and price that hits the market with such a hi demand, production tends to back up a bit. The factory had no idea that they would get this many orders. As stated in this thread, They had to produce more molds/tooling and move the factory to a larger location. We should all be happy that they did not bump the price up $500-$1000 like many other companies do when they get overwhelmed with orders and need to minimize production.

You will STILL not find a sport jet in this class and quality for the price. You will not be disappointed...

why_fly_high 01-30-2017 08:19 AM

Very true. I do quotes and scheduling for aircraft composites. Some things just take time. My favorite quote, "9 women can't make a baby in a month."

leopaul 01-30-2017 06:09 PM

I got mine in 12 weeks.

I can also say it:

IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.

I never seen a sport jet in this class and quality for the price. You will not be disappointed...

:)

DMichael 01-30-2017 09:09 PM

That is good to hear. I look forward to receiving mine.

cactusflyer 01-31-2017 07:05 AM

I sent my Check to SkyMaster USA August 22,2016. It cleared the bank on the 26th and I received the two boxes on January 27, 2017. The post office truck brought it straight to my door with no prior notification from them. Dirk had messaged me saying it was on the the way a couple weeks ago. The jet was very well packed. The gear was in the in the box as well. I guess the gear used to come separately. I could not be happier with the quality of construction. The paint appears to be rubbed out with crisp paint lines.....amazing for the price! Everything seems to fit very well with perfect application of glue. As others have said.....Well worth the wait! Dirk and Barry have been great to work with and always responsive to any questions.

Tailwinds,

John

jws_aces 01-31-2017 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by cactusflyer (Post 12301510)
I sent my Check to SkyMaster USA August 22,2016. It cleared the bank on the 26th and I received the two boxes on January 27, 2017. The post office truck brought it straight to my door with no prior notification from them. Dirk had messaged me saying it was on the the way a couple weeks ago. The jet was very well packed. The gear was in the in the box as well. I guess the gear used to come separately. I could not be happier with the quality of construction. The paint appears to be rubbed out with crisp paint lines.....amazing for the price! Everything seems to fit very well with perfect application of glue. As others have said.....Well worth the wait! Dirk and Barry have been great to work with and always responsive to any questions.

Tailwinds,

John

Thanks for the update John. You want beat Dirk or Barry when it comes to customer service. I hope to get a chance to order early part of this year also.

Desertlakesflying 01-31-2017 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jws_aces (Post 12301512)
Thanks for the update John. You want beat Dirk or Barry when it comes to customer service. I hope to get a chance to order early part of this year also.

+1

kelly vallee 02-05-2017 07:31 AM

Just to let everyone, the Hobby King wing bags do fit the T-one.

Originally Posted by rcpete347 (Post 12300172)
Hi, has anyone bought the Hobby King wing bags yet, if so, do the wings fit inside OK.
thanks Rcpete

Helijet 02-05-2017 07:44 AM

What size did you go for?

Dean W.

kelly vallee 02-05-2017 08:38 AM

I order part number 9302000020, 110 X 72 x 7 cm.

Originally Posted by Helijet (Post 12303038)
What size did you go for?

Dean W.

Helijet 02-05-2017 09:07 AM

Awesome! Thanks Kelly!

dw

flyboy---2002 02-05-2017 09:39 AM

Will both wings fit into one bag or do you need a bag for each wing?

thank you

kelly vallee 02-05-2017 09:40 AM

Both in the same wing bags.

Originally Posted by flyboy---2002 (Post 12303078)
Will both wings fit into one bag or do you need a bag for each wing?

thank you

i3dm 02-05-2017 10:09 AM

Another fun flight with my Fortune from last Friday:

https://youtu.be/_FM-A8cPNEc With 260mm CG, i like the landings ;)

Helijet 02-05-2017 10:23 AM

Wow....
So that's 260mm from the leading edge of the wing root, UAT full correct??

dw

i3dm 02-05-2017 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Helijet (Post 12303092)
Wow....
So that's 260mm from the leading edge of the wing root, UAT full correct??

dw

Yes

lfierro1 02-05-2017 06:58 PM

Judging by the landing 260 mm is the spot. On my plane that puts it right in the middle of my wing tube. That's a long way from where you started, thanks for the video.

Desertlakesflying 02-05-2017 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by lfierro1 (Post 12303255)
Judging by the landing 260 mm is the spot. On my plane that puts it right in the middle of my wing tube. That's a long way from where you started, thanks for the video.

Should bring that to Reno April 8-9 for High Sierra Jets. mine should be here and built by then.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...erra-jets.html

txshan130 02-05-2017 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by i3dm (Post 12303087)
Another fun flight with my Fortune from last Friday:

https://youtu.be/_FM-A8cPNEc With 260mm CG, i like the landings ;)

Dang, that thing only needs like 20ft of runway to land! Nice flying too!

i3dm 02-06-2017 07:28 AM

Thanks guys! very happy to hear you liked my video :)

being prototype #001, i started at 205mm for the maiden flight - 260mm is quite different !
for me this is the sweet spot, some may find it a bit too rearward for them, its a matter of personal preference.
the jet doesnt drop the nose a lot on inverted flight.

rjpmodel 02-06-2017 10:00 AM

I have my receiver and ecu batteries (7 A123 total cells) up in the nose and still need 1lb extra weight in nose to balance at 235 mm with UAT full but tanks emp???? kT140G,stock version3 pipe,UAT at front of tank. I have not seen any talk about anyone having to add nose weight ??? Has anyone added nose weight ?

marquisvns 02-06-2017 10:46 AM

Bob, don't do it, remove nose weight, cg it at 250 to 260, flies way better.

Regards,
Barry

marquisvns 02-06-2017 10:48 AM

235 is way too nose heavy, no fun.

Barry