RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11630686-kingtech-presents-all-new-t1-sports-jet.html)

In the Haze 08-30-2017 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by luge_racer (Post 12364179)
. But... this plane isn't about top speed, it's about having fun.

That's exactly it.

Tip22v 08-31-2017 06:27 PM

I maidened mine today. I echo everything everyone else has said, this is a great flying aircraft:). Mine did not require even a single click of trim! Definitely worth the wait. Loir's throws were spot on, however be ready for a very fast roll rate, I tamed the aileron throws down a little for the second flight but I'm going to put them back to 31mm up and 20mm down. Big thanks to Luge-Racer for coming out to get some video. -Tom

737Driver 09-01-2017 09:40 AM

Tip22v

congrats on the maiden! How fun was that? Pretty much a routine day at the field for the maiden I bet. Where's the video?

Tom

Tip22v 09-01-2017 09:52 AM

Thanks! Yeah, it was a blast, I really like this jet:)

Here is the video of my second flight:

shepga 09-06-2017 09:26 PM

I have the JP electric gear and can't figure out how to get it to open and close the gear door (it didn't come with instructions). All 3 gear struts retract and deploy ok. The breaks also work. I have a servo I would use for the nose gear door plugged into the Door 1 port on the controller the servo arms swings to one direction and stays there no matter the position of the gear switch on the transmitter. When I plug the servo into the Door 2 port the servo arm swings all the way in the other direction and just stays there. Can anyone help?
Thanks

shepga 09-07-2017 07:12 PM

Never mind. Got it figured out myself. Works like a charm now.

iog 09-08-2017 02:24 PM

Flew my T1 on Labor Day for the first time and I just can't believe how well it flies. Powered it with a K120 G2 and its a perfect match. Such a nice flying model! I have 16 flights on it in two days and I can't wait for 100's more flights!! Thanks!!

Tip22v 09-10-2017 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by iog (Post 12366436)
Flew my T1 on Labor Day for the first time and I just can't believe how well it flies. Powered it with a K120 G2 and its a perfect match. Such a nice flying model! I have 16 flights on it in two days and I can't wait for 100's more flights!! Thanks!!

Congrats on your maiden! -Tom

pylonboy 09-11-2017 04:21 PM

Got my maiden done today. Sweet bird!!

I put a B100f (27lbs thrust), and it is a nice casual flier. I wouldn't want to go less power to be honest. A 140 or 160 would be the hot ticket for vertical performance. However, the 120 was adequate for nice aerobatics and a reasonable speed. My GPS datalogs seem to peg the flat speed around 160-170 mph. Never tried the speed out of a dive. This is not a speed plane anyway!

As for flying............a couple clicks of elevator, and that was it. The most uneventful maiden I have ever done. Got three flights in today without any issues at all. The second flight I adjusted the elevator/flap mix from 7% to 6% , and that was it!!

The only comparison I have for this plane, and how it flies, would be a CARF Viperjet MK2. And that my friends, says ALOT !! I was expecting a good flying jet as I have seen the videos and reviews, and they were all true. One of the best balanced sport jets out there. Very well done T-One!

flejter1 09-11-2017 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by pylonboy (Post 12367173)
Got my maiden done today. Sweet bird!!

I put a B100f (27lbs thrust), and it is a nice casual flier. I wouldn't want to go less power to be honest. A 140 or 160 would be the hot ticket for vertical performance. However, the 120 was adequate for nice aerobatics and a reasonable speed. My GPS datalogs seem to peg the flat speed around 160-170 mph. Never tried the speed out of a dive. This is not a speed plane anyway!

As for flying............a couple clicks of elevator, and that was it. The most uneventful maiden I have ever done. Got three flights in today without any issues at all. The second flight I adjusted the elevator/flap mix from 7% to 6% , and that was it!!

The only comparison I have for this plane, and how it flies, would be a CARF Viperjet MK2. And that my friends, says ALOT !! I was expecting a good flying jet as I have seen the videos and reviews, and they were all true. One of the best balanced sport jets out there. Very well done T-One!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGhZwQ08iQ

Congrats on great maidens!! This is great to hear your feedback and opinions. Please share some pictures guys!!

Dirk

f6hlct 09-14-2017 05:05 AM

Congratulations on the maiden. That’s a great flying plane.

horsefeetky 09-14-2017 04:37 PM

shepga

what was the fix for getting the gear doors to work through the jp board i had one in the past and never figured out how to get the doors to work on the board feeds i just used a 6 seco sequencer for the doors on y harness with gear signal

shepga 09-14-2017 06:29 PM

I was trying to set/determine the servo linkage length for the nose gear door and only had the nose gear connected to the control box. When I connected the main gear to the control box the nose gear door servo worked as it should. Essentially hook everything up and the JP control box sequences the gear door. No need for a manual its that simple.

Tip22v 09-15-2017 03:14 PM

I'm getting ready to install a Kingtech smoke system with the Tams SS tube. The website says the smoke oil pipe is supposed to go between the two exhaust tubes and out the back. My question is how do I secure the side sticking out the back? There is a little tab to secure it on the front but nothing on the back?

thanks for the help. Tom

737Driver 09-15-2017 03:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's how I mounted the smoke tube.

Tip22v 09-15-2017 04:00 PM

I got it, the smoke tube does not run the length of the exhaust tube. I'm just curious as to why the smoke tube is 36" long? Seems like I'm going cut off all but about 12-14"?

thx- Tom

Digital Pilot 09-15-2017 04:53 PM

Tom, The long one is designed to run all the way out the back of the pipe.

horsefeetky 09-15-2017 05:41 PM

if you run the longer one inside the pipe you will find it pre heats the fluid and when it does come in contact with the pipe at the mid to end point it will smoke very well.......i prefer not to have it at the exit fothe turbine cone feel it works best more into the pipe itself.

Digital Pilot 09-15-2017 05:51 PM

This one is designed to run in between the walls of the pipe all the way to the end. it will stick put about 1/2 inch and smoke very well and does zero damage to your pipe...

737Driver 09-15-2017 08:35 PM

Check my post at #1592. Seems to smoke pretty well with the way I have it mounted. FYI, TP22v, in that video, I'm using Diesel #2 mixed with automatic transmission fluid (to try that mixture out). I use 2 gallons of diesel #2 mixed with 1 qt. of automatic transmission fluid, just to try that mixture and seems to smoke pretty well. I'm done with that mixture and on to concrete form release oil, mixed with diesel #2, 50/50 mixture. The way I have the smoke tube mounted on the turbine mount brackets warms that tube pretty well, and don't have a mess of oil at all. The idea all the way down the thrust tube makes sense as well, sure enough the EGT will warm the fluid down the length of the pipe before it reaches it's exit point and may make a bit less mess along the length of the tube as well. I might be inclined to try that at some point, although I really have no mess where it's mounted currently. Out the back of the thrust tube by 1/2" or so would pretty much eliminate that mess as well.

post pics/video of your final install!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Tom

737Driver 09-15-2017 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot (Post 12368133)
This one is designed to run in between the walls of the pipe all the way to the end. it will stick put about 1/2 inch and smoke very well and does zero damage to your pipe...

Yo!!! You are going to BITW right? I'll be there Wednesday to set up, and fly thru Sunday. Anxious to show you my T1!

Tom

Digital Pilot 09-15-2017 09:43 PM

Yup..I will be there Thursday evening through Saturday night. T3 is going together...

Tip22v 09-16-2017 06:23 AM

Thanks for all the input, I'll post some pictures after I get it installed. -Tom

737Driver 09-16-2017 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot (Post 12368158)
Yup..I will be there Thursday evening through Saturday night. T3 is going together...

Cool! The T3 will be ready? Man that thing is a beast! The gear is awesome! Paint was killer! Can't wait to see it.

Tom

Tip22v 09-17-2017 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my smoke system install. I decided to run the pipe between the walls of the exhaust tube and out the back. In this config I did not need to cut the smoke tube. I was also able to do this without removing the bell housing on the front of the exhaust tube, although it did require some careful bending of the tube in the process. If you have the TAMS pipe this would be really easy to do. My smoke nozzle is bent towards the middle of the exhaust tube about 1" out. I tested it this morning and it works quite well at idle, but at half throttle or more it's insane! The only downside to this whole smoke thing is that it's going to add more weight to my take-off gross weight. I weighted it with a 1/3 tank of fuel, empty smoke tank and it weighted 32 lbs. I'm thinking with full fuel and full smoke tank this thing will weight 37-39 lbs at take off.

I will try to post some video of the smoke this afternoon. Thanks for all for the help. I'd also like to give some props to Dirk and the folks at PacificRCJets for their support, which is second to none in my book!
Regards, Tom