RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11630686-kingtech-presents-all-new-t1-sports-jet.html)

MarkF 06-01-2020 10:52 AM

There are still cities in China on full lock down. The US will not open it's borders again until they feel safe doing so. It doesn't matter whats going on inside the US, it's whats going on in China. The shippers are overloaded with packages waiting for the ok to be shipped. I recently got an order from Germany from DHL. So some company's are working but I'm sure it's limited to there business partners and maybe they can't pick up the slack for everyone unless they want to pay 2 to 3 times the normal rate. Since a lot of people have already been waiting for months, it seems reasonable to wait 1 more for shipping by sea. The boats are working and I think I this is a good way to get your planes sooner rather than later. I would ask Dirk if this is an option if my jet were done.

camss69 06-01-2020 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by MarkF (Post 12608738)
There are still cities in China on full lock down. The US will not open it's borders again until they feel safe doing so. It doesn't matter whats going on inside the US, it's whats going on in China. The shippers are overloaded with packages waiting for the ok to be shipped. I recently got an order from Germany from DHL. So some company's are working but I'm sure it's limited to there business partners and maybe they can't pick up the slack for everyone unless they want to pay 2 to 3 times the normal rate. Since a lot of people have already been waiting for months, it seems reasonable to wait 1 more for shipping by sea. The boats are working and I think I this is a good way to get your planes sooner rather than later. I would ask Dirk if this is an option if my jet were done.

Shouldn’t that be on Dirk to make everyone aware this is available? I’m sure he needs a minimum number of planes to make it worth it. I don’t know why he hasn’t sent an email out to the people with planes completed and asked if you want to ship by boat. Need a minimum of 50 (or whatever) to make it happen and just do it if he’s got enough. I can’t imagine anyone saying no, when they know it will be here in 6 weeks this way.

MarkF 06-01-2020 01:39 PM

My order that just got shipped by boat is smaller than a jet box. They didn't say anything about size. I have never had my product go by boat in almost 7 years. I was a little apprehensive about doing it but I can't wait to find out when air is going to be up again because I have customers waiting too. it's on the factory to figure out the details so maybe he should ask.

bodywerks 06-01-2020 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12608663)
I can only tell you what Dirk told me. I don't know why he'd not tell the truth. I've heard of several folks asking for a refund and it was back in their account within a day or two. I doubt that'd be the case if China had the money.

You have a point there. But I know Dirk isn't in the business of screwing people, either. Your refund might have come out of his pocket and he's hoping your already built aircraft will sell to someone else once it gets stateside.

smcharg 06-01-2020 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bodywerks (Post 12608795)
You have a point there. But I know Dirk isn't in the business of screwing people, either. Your refund might have come out of his pocket and he's hoping your already built aircraft will sell to someone else once it gets stateside.

Agreed 100%. I guarantee he could resell it but since he specifically said he has our money, I feel better. If he gave it all to the factory prior to shipment, what leverage would he have when he’s waiting on orders? That’d just not be smart business and Dirk seems pretty savvy in the end.

I’ll give it a couple more weeks and see what’s up. I’m at the point where an extra $400-$600 to get it here may be worth it. I’ve dreamt about this jet for a very long time.

bodywerks 06-01-2020 09:05 PM

Having a new jet in your hands is always worth it...

ledd4u 06-02-2020 12:27 PM

I would be terrified paying for anything up front for anything in China or Taiwan. Who knows what’s gonna happen. I couldn’t do it and won’t do it. Get it from the Germans, pay a little more but it’s gonna come.

smcharg 06-02-2020 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by ledd4u (Post 12609049)
I would be terrified paying for anything up front for anything in China or Taiwan. Who knows what’s gonna happen. I couldn’t do it and won’t do it. Get it from the Germans, pay a little more but it’s gonna come.

In the end, at least if you want a T1, it still comes from China regardless of the distributor.

ledd4u 06-02-2020 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12609053)
In the end, at least if you want a T1, it still comes from China regardless of the distributor.

Not what I meant. I meant to say the other lines from like Comparf, Tomahawk etc.

gunradd 06-02-2020 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ledd4u (Post 12609049)

Your not giving the money to them up front... Your giving it to pacificRcjets. So if something does happen and it can be delivered you get your money back. Dirk has always given refunds back when requested.

MarkF 06-02-2020 02:40 PM

Since the customer pays for the shipping and EMS was the cheapest route, they opted to give good customer service by finding the cheapest route. Just because that route is biting them in the butt during this covid out break is hardly there fault.

smcharg 06-03-2020 08:48 AM

Welp......now what?

Looks like China says we can't fly there and now we're saying they can't fly here as of June 16th. Time to give Dirk a call.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/trump...coming-flights

smcharg 06-03-2020 09:14 AM

Update - I just spoke with Dirk. They are looking at shipping alternatives now. I've also asked for an update on UPS pricing. He said he'll have an update later this week. I'm so happy he is responsive to our needs and requests. If you read this Dirk, keep up the great work.

camss69 06-03-2020 10:24 AM

I’ll take mine on a boat, no prob..

ledd4u 06-03-2020 11:25 AM

Looks like game over, “Tilt” .25 cents deposit please.

smcharg 06-03-2020 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by ledd4u (Post 12609247)
Looks like game over, “Tilt” .25 cents deposit please.

Sorry, I just don't understand why you're poo pooing on the situation in the T1 thread and promoting other jets from Germany. There are other threads for German jets and the simple fact is, Dirk is working very hard to get the product to us. No one could have foreseen this pandemic. We will all either get our product or get our money back. It's not all gloom and doom. Since you haven't and won't be buying a T1 according to your post, why spawn negativity?

MarkF 06-03-2020 01:10 PM

You use to have to be able to fill a container but that is not the case anymore. Shippers are buying them up so they can fill them with different products and make a profit. It wont be hard for T1 to get this sorted and then pass on the news to Dirk. T1 has never screwed anybody over that I have seen and to suggest they can't be trusted because they are a Chinese company is just biased opinions against that race. There I made sure not to use the R word.

ledd4u 06-04-2020 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12609249)
Sorry, I just don't understand why you're poo pooing on the situation in the T1 thread and promoting other jets from Germany. There are other threads for German jets and the simple fact is, Dirk is working very hard to get the product to us. No one could have foreseen this pandemic. We will all either get our product or get our money back. It's not all gloom and doom. Since you haven't and won't be buying a T1 according to your post, why spawn negativity?

No negativity whatsoever, I own a T-1. But, I would pay more to get a tomahawk 1.9. Completely in a different league and when you price in all the nonessential nonsense, your way a head of the game. But remember, you can do whatever you wanna do. Very simple here, NO MONEY for NOTHING I can’t see in front of me. If I can’t drive to pick it up, it ain’t happening.

winter1 06-04-2020 01:59 AM

Hi guys, I just received an email with a tracking number. I will hope that everything runs as it should. ***winter***

cbk07 06-04-2020 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by winter1 (Post 12609384)
Hi guys, I just received an email with a tracking number. I will hope that everything runs as it should. ***winter***

Awesome! Glad to hear Winter.....hopefully the rest of us wont be far behind you.

Len Todd 06-04-2020 03:56 AM

I waited several months for my T-1. I love it. My T-1 is the best flier I have. It is my "go to jet." While I was waiting for mine, I got impatient too and bought the Ultra Flash. The UF was a mistake. The T-1 is fun to fly. The UF is still nerve wracking, and I have over 17 hours on it! The T-1 is worth the wait!

I waited 6 months for the factory to get done with the plane that I am currently building. If I was waiting for a T-1 now, I would press for a container or just pay to have it shipped another way. To me: What's a couple extra hundred bucks on the great price that Dirk already provided! My current project is well over $10K. So to me, … what's a few extra bucks for shipping or another month wait for a container? Dirk is extremely fair! He goes way beyond what some of the other retailers would do for us to make things right. I trust him.

Last night, I thought I heard on the TV that flights from China are going to be suspended well beyond June 16th. I was just kind of listening as I was working through a problem on the bench, so I did not catch all of what was said. Maybe I did not hear what I thought I heard. ?? I think our President is going to seriously mess with China and air freight is going to get caught up in the retribution for what looks like China intentionally sending us the virus. It sounded to me last night like it is going to be a long time before air travel and shipping to/from China returns to normal, if ever! But maybe I did not hear it correctly. I was really focused on finding an air leak deep in a fuse when I heard this.

winter1 06-04-2020 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by cbk07 (Post 12609406)
Awesome! Glad to hear Winter.....hopefully the rest of us wont be far behind you.

I guess I should "knocking the wood" ...... :) ***winter***

Desertlakesflying 06-04-2020 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarkF (Post 12609261)
You use to have to be able to fill a container but that is not the case anymore. Shippers are buying them up so they can fill them with different products and make a profit. It wont be hard for T1 to get this sorted and then pass on the news to Dirk. T1 has never screwed anybody over that I have seen and to suggest they can't be trusted because they are a Chinese company is just biased opinions against that race. There I made sure not to use the R word.

It's not about race......

:FACEPALM:

Desertlakesflying 06-04-2020 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by smcharg (Post 12609221)
Welp......now what?

Looks like China says we can't fly there and now we're saying they can't fly here as of June 16th. Time to give Dirk a call.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/trump...coming-flights

That's not cargo, stop wasting peoples time.

smcharg 06-04-2020 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying (Post 12609516)
That's not cargo, stop wasting peoples time.

Another well-informed poster. EMS only ships on passenger carrying flights. They do not ship on cargo only flights i.e. UPS, FedEx, etc.