RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Some info for those who like to charge PayPal Fee (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11632288-some-info-those-who-like-charge-paypal-fee.html)

vquick 09-01-2016 08:29 PM

Some info for those who like to charge PayPal Fee
 
This is your pay pal policy when you agree to open a PayPal account


4.5 No Surcharges.
You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

raron455 09-02-2016 03:31 AM

Not sure what your trying to get at? Are you talking about when a private seller is listing his items, and states the buyer is to cover the paypal fees. Because in that Scenario, The 3% paypal fee is not imposed by the seller,merely conveyed, that is a fee paypal charges the buyer or the seller, when someone is selling something and the preferred method of payment is paypal, surely you cant fault the seller for having the buyer cover paypals imposed fees. If you dont like it or agree with it then you can always send the money as a gift. But Most dont want to do that, because then you dont feel like you have any buyer protection, thats what a paypal payment offers, Buyer protection, that protection and possible litigation comes with a fee. Why would you think the seller should pay the fees so a buyer feels better about their purchase?


Now if a seller is conveying the 3% paypal fees, plus an additional charge that they themselves are imposing, I can see a problem.

BarracudaHockey 09-02-2016 04:42 AM

Actually they are telling you that you can't charge a buyer the 3 percent to cover the pay pal fees unless you charge the same "handing" charge to people paying by check or MO etc

raron455 09-02-2016 04:51 AM

Ahh, I see now. So the seller solution is to add the 3 % into the selling price and state paypal payments accepted. And offer a 3% discount to those not using paypal payment. Seems like sound business practice
:D

vquick 09-02-2016 05:12 AM

This is like any transaction you do at any store and by law you can't charge the fee as extra to the customer when you use PayPal, Credit Card,Debit card this amount will be absorb by the seller, example when you buy something in ebay you pay with paypal the seller have absorb that % is the same in here when you sell something and take Paypal this is your option to use this and have the money instantly, so with that say If you want to sell something in RCU and accept paypal as payment you can't ask for those fees its against the law

vquick 09-02-2016 05:16 AM


Originally Posted by raron455 (Post 12253590)
Ahh, I see now. So the seller solution is to add the 3 % into the selling price and state paypal payments accepted. And offer a 3% discount to those not using paypal payment. Seems like sound business practice
:D

Yes that will be a option

csandt051196 09-02-2016 05:36 AM

Or just stop accepting PayPal

BarracudaHockey 09-02-2016 05:55 AM


Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12253595)
This is like any transaction you do at any store and by law you can't charge the fee as extra to the customer when you use PayPal, Credit Card,Debit card this amount will be absorb by the seller, example when you buy something in ebay you pay with paypal the seller have absorb that % is the same in here when you sell something and take Paypal this is your option to use this and have the money instantly, so with that say If you want to sell something in RCU and accept paypal as payment you can't ask for those fees its against the law

Well Paypal doesn't make the law :)

It's against their terms of service and they can drop you.

The few gas stations that just don't charge it to everyone often get around their credit card agreements by offering a "cash discount"

dubd 09-02-2016 06:42 AM

This has been PayPal's policy from the beginning. Nothing new here. Furthermore, asking for the buyer to pay PayPal fees isn't against the law, it's against their policy. Big difference.

RCFlyerDan 09-02-2016 07:22 AM


Originally Posted by csandt051196 (Post 12253600)
Or just stop accepting PayPal

I won't buy from a seller that doesn't offer PayPal. I am not going to send a check, don't need or have a checking account, due to it being old school. I am also not going to waist my time to go to the store to purchase a MO. I also won't buy from a seller charging a PayPal fee, just as stated that a store doesn't charge extra for using a credit card or debit. When I sell, I don't charge extra for the fee. Just part of the convenience to sell used/new stuff that can't be returned to a store. As stated, I want the "buyer's protection", since there are some less then honest sellers.

why_fly_high 09-02-2016 07:31 AM

All this angst over 3%! LOL. If a seller wants me to cover the 3% I make an offer that is 3% less than what I would have offered otherwise. When I list something I take in to account the 3% in what I am willing to accept.

raron455 09-02-2016 08:34 AM

The folks crying about the 3% fee are probably the same buyers shooting lowball offers on a sellers goods,,,there it is, I said it. Its the sellers rights to dictate the sell on his terms, if you dont like the terms, Move on. On an item thats a couple hundred dollars the paypal fee is not enuff to worry about. However on a multi thousand dollar airplane, those fees take a bite out of the sellers price, and could mean the difference between breaking even, or losing on the sell.

vquick 09-02-2016 08:41 AM


Originally Posted by why_fly_high (Post 12253646)
All this angst over 3%! LOL. If a seller wants me to cover the 3% I make an offer that is 3% less than what I would have offered otherwise. When I list something I take in to account the 3% in what I am willing to accept.

LOL but is the true I just saw a ad were the guy cancel the offer because the guy didn't pay the 4% and this came to my attention I see this all over RCU in Buy and Sell and people don't realize its against law, I been buying and selling in RCU for long time and always used pay pal that will protect me as a buyer and it works so when I'm selling I will take my 3% loss in the transaction but I will have my money right away also now with MO you have to be carful for counterfeit and checks you can loose money this way also with deposit a check and bounce will cost $35.00 bank fee or maybe less but is your lost.So for me PayPal is my first option always.

wfield0455 09-02-2016 09:09 AM


Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan (Post 12253643)
I won't buy from a seller that doesn't offer PayPal. I am not going to send a check, don't need or have a checking account, due to it being old school. I am also not going to waist my time to go to the store to purchase a MO. I also won't buy from a seller charging a PayPal fee, just as stated that a store doesn't charge extra for using a credit card or debit. When I sell, I don't charge extra for the fee. Just part of the convenience to sell used/new stuff that can't be returned to a store. As stated, I want the "buyer's protection", since there are some less then honest sellers.

That's your choice. Mine is that if I sell someone something for $1000 I want to receive $1000 for it, not $970.
Oh and by the way, when you buy from some on on a furm such as this, you're generally buying from an individual, not a business that has priced things so that they can absorb the additional credit card / PayPal fees and when someone actually pays cash, it's a bonus.

BarracudaHockey 09-02-2016 09:16 AM

Again, its NOT against the LAW, it's against the PayPal terms of service.

Just sayin :)

Waco 09-02-2016 10:48 AM

why do you think that the seller should pay for a convenience that you want, as a seller I rather not use paypal but if the buyer wants to than they should pay the fee or send a money order. if I sell using paypal I get the funds in my paypal account right away but if I want it in my bank account it takes 3-5 days to get the funds. In my opinion you are wanting a service for free.

invertmast 09-02-2016 01:03 PM


Originally Posted by Waco (Post 12253704)
why do you think that the seller should pay for a convenience that you want, as a seller I rather not use paypal but if the buyer wants to than they should pay the fee or send a money order. if I sell using paypal I get the funds in my paypal account right away but if I want it in my bank account it takes 3-5 days to get the funds. In my opinion you are wanting a service for free.


+1


paypal is a Buyers service, not a sellers. How and why? Easy. Sell something and not have proof of shipping and the buyer can say "never received it" and Boom. They get their money back, all the while your out the $$$ and the item.

Soo, paypal is clearly a service for the buyer bc that 3% from the Funds going to the seller is Paying paypal's employee's to sit around and come up with these policies and pay people to cover things like the fraud department investigators etc. They just tack the fee onto the seller bc thats the only way they could get paid without charging a monthly subscription service.

vquick 09-02-2016 04:48 PM


Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12253685)
Again, its NOT against the LAW, it's against the PayPal terms of service.

Just sayin :)

yes is not against the law in some states but its against PayPal Terms of service and to make the story short you can't ask for the 3% or 4% because is against there Terms

invertmast 09-02-2016 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12253778)
yes is not against the law in some states but its against PayPal Terms of service and to make the story short you can't ask for the 3% or 4% because is against there Terms

the Seller can ask for whatever they want. They can easily say the 3% is a handling fee. If you dont want to purchase an item from someone bc of the 3% they may ask for, then move on. Who are you to tell someone what they can and can not do?

raron455 09-02-2016 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by vquick (Post 12253778)
yes is not against the law in some states but its against PayPal Terms of service and to make the story short you can't ask for the 3% or 4% because is against there Terms

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2179345

vquick 09-02-2016 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by invertmast (Post 12253784)
the Seller can ask for whatever they want. They can easily say the 3% is a handling fee. If you dont want to purchase an item from someone bc of the 3% they may ask for, then move on. Who are you to tell someone what they can and can not do?

I am nobody but but if you agree to a company terms is there terms not your so that why you cant charge anybody that Fee you can call anything but you know is that fee so its wrong and also I'm the one when I sell something in rcu I don't charge 3% or 4 % I absorb that fee the way should be and with this say I drop the mic.

csandt051196 09-02-2016 05:51 PM

Vquick

i am that person you mention. I stated in my add the terms of the sale and that was not followed. So I canceled it. You keep stating pay pal law but as has been stated that is policy not law. An idea around the policy is even stated and you agreed with that. A policy side step should bother you to no end. I can sell my stuff the way I want for what I want. I would ask you to stay out of business that is not your responsibility to monitor. If you feel I have violated a law or commuted a criminal offense report me to pay pal and stop this whining. You were not impacted in any way so why is it your business to monitor and control my actions action activities? Are you related to big brother because you sure act like it.

so this takes me to my current post "where have all the experts gone". Well I know our pay pal expert is still here and the people I would really like to hear from have left because of you and people like you.

to he folks who say checks and such are old school I would agree with you, but when I paid for example 150 for an item, offer it for 100 and the item is in perfect working order. I am then offered 80, expect to pay shipping and the additional fees I only net 65. Again an example, but I ask why sell the item? Why not stand tall and try and get what I want? That is why many do not deal with paypal


to everyone on this thread. This is a complete waste of your time. Go work on a plane, fly, spend some time with your family, but don't waste your time whining about this.

scott

BarracudaHockey 09-02-2016 06:19 PM

Keep it PG 13 please :)

vquick 09-02-2016 06:19 PM


Originally Posted by csandt051196 (Post 12253805)
Vquick

i am that person you mention. I stated in my add the terms of the sale and that was not followed. So I canceled it. You keep stating pay pal law but as has been stated that is policy not law. An idea around the policy is even stated and you agreed with that. A policy side step should bother you to no end. I can sell my stuff the way I want for what I want. I would ask you to stay out of business that is not your responsibility to monitor. If you feel I have violated a law or commuted a criminal offense report me to pay pal and stop this whining. You were not impacted in any way so why is it your business to monitor and control my actions action activities? Are you related to big brother because you sure act like it.

so this takes me to my current post "where have all the experts gone". Well I know our pay pal expert is still here and the people I would really like to hear from have left because of you and people like you.

to he folks who say checks and such are old school I would agree with you, but when I paid for example 150 for an item, offer it for 100 and the item is in perfect working order. I am then offered 80, expect to pay shipping and the additional fees I only net 65. Again an example, but I ask why sell the item? Why not stand tall and try and get what I want? That is why many do not deal with paypal


to everyone on this thread. This is a complete waste of your time. Go work on a plane, fly, spend some time with your family or at least jack off , but don't waste your time whining about this.

scott

Sorry you got ofende but one thing I can assure you is not because people like me I fly I build and I spend time with my family is don't bother people in rcu but if I see something wrong I have the freedom to express and when something is wrong is wrong and yes you can ask what ever you want for your things but you can not ask for 4% because first the PayPal % is 3 not 4 so you asking 1% over and 2nd when you open your PayPal account you agree to there terms sorry to say this but you are wrong and I not monitoring anybody and I don't care if someone will get in problem is you not me with paypal

csandt051196 09-02-2016 06:37 PM

this is no longer worth my time either. vquick if that is your real name good luck and be sure I will be watching your id for the slightest wrong doing as I consider it. You sure do not want to offend me in this day and age. As the retired person you are just let this go or that heart issue you have will just get worse.

I do ask if you would please please please turn me in. I think that would resolve your issue and allow you to sleep better. Maybe the moderator would turn me in. Some one please do it. I am obviously at a stage in my life where I think I do nothing wrong. Hum ..... Reminds me of someone ........ Yep it's vquick

also bottom feeders like you who watch for something they consider wrong and pounce on it is exactly what you are doing and exactly why the premier jet flyers in the world left RCU,


bye all!

Oh oh anf if anyone needs any jet Trojics valves mine are still for sale.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.