RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Where to send JR 12X for service? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11632891-where-send-jr-12x-service.html)

LGM Graphix 09-26-2016 07:08 PM

Where to send JR 12X for service?

With Horizon no longer servicing JR, I'm not sure where to send it. JR America is the obvious choice but they have stated to me that if the radio was not purchased from an authorized JR retailer they will not do repairs warranty or non warranty. I bought the radio 2nd hand and don't know where it was originally purchased. Are they still the ones I send it to? Their website states any items determined to not have been purchased at a JR authorized retailer will be returned.
My elevator/aileron gimbal has started to get gritty feeling, need to get that fixed before I risk flying a jet with it again.
Thanks

Wclays 09-26-2016 08:10 PM

I had my recently serviced and upgraded by Horizon. It is still Spektrum.

Give them a call.

PS I was the second owner.

bri6672 09-26-2016 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wclays (Post 12261886)
I had my recently serviced and upgraded by Horizon. It is still Spektrum.

Give them a call.

PS I was the second owner.

agree!!

ira d 09-26-2016 10:04 PM

I think JR is saying that the radio has to be a usa spec radio not one that was purchased from a overseas retailer at least I hope that is what they are saying.

Andrew Bird 09-26-2016 10:21 PM

If you get stuck and HH or JR Americas can't help, I got Tony at Radio South to service my 12X when I was living in the US.

LGM Graphix 09-27-2016 04:37 AM

Thanks guys. I'll call horizon today. When I had gone to their service page it listed all the brands they service and it didn't show JR. I will call and make sure they still do. I would prefer it go to horizon.

LGM Graphix 09-27-2016 11:25 AM

Yes horizon does still service JR! I'll be packing my radio up and sending it in soon.

SHANEC 09-27-2016 11:38 AM

Sent my second hand 12x to JR a month ago and when it was received they walked it across the street to horizon lol. "backup error" fixed it for free!

Zeeb 09-28-2016 11:43 AM

Horizon still does all the Spektrum RF deck JR radios as far as I know. Initially, they also did all the service work for JR Americas since they did not have service capability. I don't know if that's still the case but suspect it might still be done that way.

reo 10-01-2016 11:41 AM

I recently asked JR America's about upgrading a DSM2 tx to DSMX and they said to speak to Horizon service about having that done.

MattyMatt 10-02-2016 01:07 AM

Yes we do repair all radios and Horizon is still a authorized JR service center.

Regarding the the support for the radios, it was meant as a US spec... Which was easy when it came to DSM2/DSMX as those radios were different here in NA than anywhere else.

Any DMSS products must originally be bought through a NA/SA dealer to be serviced here.