RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   New Classifieds Section (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11645856-new-classifieds-section.html)

pattratt 03-25-2018 04:08 PM

New Classifieds Section

RCU has just changed there entire classified section. You now have to sort through entire data base to find something. The worst system I have ever seen to deal with buying or selling anything! "FUBAR" describes the whole situtation! Goodbye rcu hello rcgroups for classifieds any way!!!

kork 03-25-2018 04:28 PM

RCU has stood the test of time and finally gave in... Sorry.
I have moved on from 2 other sites that did the same thing. Posting photos and describing items was excellent on this site and I am bummed it came to this.
I'm sure they will come up with some lame excuse why they had to but its probably to late.
Great job RCU!

raron455 03-25-2018 04:35 PM

Yup, I am always in the classifieds looking,, and this new setup Blows,,, period

Vettster 03-25-2018 05:15 PM

Guys.. this is already be disgusted.. er.. um.. discussed here......http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ange-hard.html

rcjetsaok 03-25-2018 06:05 PM

How hard could it be to have the sub-categories like before ???? Come on guy's, get it together !!!!

Dan

Dr Honda 03-26-2018 03:07 AM

I don't understand why people think things have to always change. I have a buddy who works for Microsoft, and we've had this conversation a bunch of times. When win 8 came out, I told him... "I don't need my computer to be my phone !!!! My computer is a tool, just like a screwdriver in my shop. I just need it to work, and I don't need something fancy." His response was that I just don't like change. (that's BS) But.... I must have not been the only one. When Win 10 came out... they went back to a "Start" button, and the Metro thing was gone.

As far as web sites... it's the same dam thing. Over the last few weeks, I've been looking for a new car for the wife. The Auto web sites are so complex, and have so my trying to load... they are almost useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have fast internet, and good computers... so it's not me. I've even gone as far as trying them on different browsers. Chrome is slightly better... but still... Stop trying to make the site pretty. Just load the info, and let me decide. Heck... in their attempt in trying to sell me the car by WOW'ing me with the site, has problem turned me off because I can't simply get what I need from it.

OK... enough of the rant. But I'm right with you guys. Why change something that's a tool?? It needs to be simple, and work well.

FalconWings 03-26-2018 03:31 AM

It's not bad. It just needs some tweaked product filters.

TonyBuilder 03-26-2018 03:56 AM

Again RCU falls lower in the RC forums chain, this sucks bigtime...

TB

csandt051196 03-26-2018 05:39 PM

:mad:

I decided I wanted to find a new/used turbine, but instead I found some used 10x6 props I had to have. Thank goodness there are no more categories. They just got in the way.

Scott

rcjetsaok 03-27-2018 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by csandt051196 (Post 12416423)
:mad:

I decided I wanted to find a new/used turbine, but instead I found some used 10x6 props I had to have. Thank goodness there are no more categories. They just got in the way.

Scott

Beautiful !!! :)

D

LGM Graphix 03-27-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by FalconWings (Post 12416161)
It's not bad. It just needs some tweaked product filters.

what part isn't bad? Filters don't work. Feedback is gone the make offer section is toast. All has to be done via PM now. Currently if you put "jet" into a filter you get 13 ad's 10 are jets. Just 10 ad's. If you search "turbine" you get 2 but if you just scroll through "engines" there are a few more.
RCU had imo the best classifieds section of any site out there. It's now worse than searching on Craigslist.

paulsf86 03-27-2018 07:24 AM

And now you have to use loginnow. I don't need another login and password to add to the pile. I already have an RCU login, why do I need another.

The real question is " Does RCU care and are they doing anything about it". So far on all the threads posted, they have not given any response.

rcmigpilot 03-27-2018 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix (Post 12416573)
what part isn't bad? Filters don't work. Feedback is gone the make offer section is toast. All has to be done via PM now. Currently if you put "jet" into a filter you get 13 ad's 10 are jets. Just 10 ad's. If you search "turbine" you get 2 but if you just scroll through "engines" there are a few more.
RCU had imo the best classifieds section of any site out there. It's now worse than searching on Craigslist.

Don't forget the post date isn't on the first page any more, and you can't sort by posts since last log on and there is no way to mark what posts have been read. RCG doesn't sort by last visit, but you can mark all posts read so you can see what's new. Has anyone gone back in forth between the new and old? There are listings in the old section that aren't in the new one. I've been around since the dial up days of RC Online and I think this will be the death of the site for me. Seems like there's only a dozen or so posts on a good day. Not good, not good at all.

LGM Graphix 03-27-2018 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot (Post 12416579)
Don't forget the post date isn't on the first page any more, and you can't sort by posts since last log on and there is no way to mark what posts have been read. RCG doesn't sort by last visit, but you can mark all posts read so you can see what's new. Has anyone gone back in forth between the new and old? There are listings in the old section that aren't in the new one. I've been around since the dial up days of RC Online and I think this will be the death of the site for me. Seems like there's only a dozen or so posts on a good day. Not good, not good at all.

Agreed, not that this is any of RCU's fault but I've been very bored with the forums lately to begin with. I have zero interest in the monster sized jets of today, the pregnant fish looking sport jets, and I don't want all the fancy glitzy extra stuff that's available. I skim the forums still because I enjoy when I see a build thread such as the bandit build thread, but primarily I came to RCU to look through classifieds over the past year. I've found some great deals on all that old school stuff that many guys don't want anymore. Now with the new classifieds I can't be bothered to even look anymore.

I really do believe that RCU was above ALL the other sites with the old classifieds section. Even RCGroups which has different segments lumps all the for sale and wanted together and when an item is sold it remains on the list for however long. I really did like the make offer section and ability to paypal invoice etc. I've been on here for a very long time, had 100% positive feedback etc. The forum changes, while annoying, I can deal with(ish) although I hate that I can't just find the last post I read and have to start at the beginning or the very last post and scroll (I did see a "first unread post" link on my phone that appears on SOME threads, but I can't find it on my PC), but the classifieds, which have been the biggest draw for me lately, are utterly worthless. Like I say, I have better chance finding stuff on craigslist with their crappy search.

If RCU really wanted to "upgrade", why not leave the forum and classifieds the way they were but work on improving things like the search engine in the forum, the picture upload feature etc. The site was overall very very good, this complete change has totally f'd it up.

why_fly_high 03-27-2018 10:34 AM

I am just speculating but these changes are rarely just because they wanted to change. Most often is the old software license is expiring, getting to expensive, and/or not being supported by the company anymore forcing the site owner to get new forum software. At any rate, they chose poorly.

mongo 03-27-2018 11:08 AM

you do know that internet brands, the outfit that owns rcu, also owns the v bulletin company that is the forum software developer that is in use here.
so, they really have no other choice for which software they use.

why_fly_high 03-27-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by mongo (Post 12416657)
you do know that internet brands, the outfit that owns rcu, also owns the v bulletin company that is the forum software developer that is in use here.
so, they really have no other choice for which software they use.

Well that's even worse then. They actually make this crap.

rcjetsaok 03-27-2018 02:42 PM

I bet I can sell something quicker and get more hits using smoke signals that this garbage of a site.... It appears no one from RCU has even attempted to respond to any of our concerns being shared here. That makes it apparent to me that they do not give an aviation fornication about the people that have used and supported their site for a lot of years, and if that's the case, so be it.... Back at 'ya RCU !!! I don't need any of this crap !!!... I'll be going out now to build my fire... I have a engine I am wanting to sell...

Dan :)

RSO 03-27-2018 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok (Post 12416733)
"It appears no one from RCU has even attempted to respond to any of our concerns being shared here".Dan :)

Go toward the top of the first page of the jet forum & click on:

RSO 03-27-2018 03:30 PM

and suggestions to make it even better...

IFLYBVM2 03-27-2018 04:20 PM

Cluster

OK-
As a LONG time RCU user, with over 350 positive ratings that I worked very hard to get, I simply can not believe how big of a cluster this new site is. First off, you violated the most obvious rule that says "If it's not broken, don't fix it". And it was NOT broken-It worked almost perfectly and had all the features that us guys who visit the marketplace 2 or 3 times daily want and need. Now ? It's like someone took out everything that was good, and replaced it with something else, and called it "new and improved" ...hardly.
No ratings ? No feedback ? No invoices ? Are you kidding me ? These are the things that made RCU the best, and you took them away ? Does anybody that made these decisions even participate in our hobby ? I think not, as they would have known better than to do this. If you remember, Coke thought they needed a new and improved version years back too...
But they quickly learned that there was nothing wrong with the old Coke, and their customers demanded they bring back the old.
My suggestion ? Revive the old marketplace and write this experiment off to one of the worst decisions...EVER.
If not, I predict this will be the beginning of the end for RCU, which I would really hate to see, as I do enjoy the site, or at least I did.until a few days ago.
In fairness, the new picture uploader is easier in the forums.
Sincerely-Mike Oberst

mugenkidd 03-28-2018 04:53 AM

Hate to beat a dead horse. But I'm out on RCU with this new market place, the old market place was user friendly and I've built my reputation over years of trading.. Please bring the old one back. or I'll just have to be strictly RCG from now on.

hairy46 09-29-2018 08:26 PM

Hate the new sell site!

there I think that covers it!

BlueBus320 09-30-2018 05:50 AM

Thank you RCU!

Since they’ve changed the site (& I lost all of my 80 positive feedback), I have not spent a DIME! In fact, RCU always had a section open in my browser/phone tab so I could be ready to pounce on the next great Rc Deal.. but, no more:)
So although your new site sucks, thanks a million RCU! You’ve saved me a small fortune

hairy46 09-30-2018 10:31 AM

Lost over two hundred positive feedbacks!

Originally Posted by BlueBus320 (Post 12466940)
Since they’ve changed the site (& I lost all of my 80 positive feedback), I have not spent a DIME! In fact, RCU always had a section open in my browser/phone tab so I could be ready to pounce on the next great Rc Deal.. but, no more:)
So although your new site sucks, thanks a million RCU! You’ve saved me a small fortune

I have tried to deal with the new site but it’s a pain