RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   How do I renew my ad? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11655658-how-do-i-renew-my-ad.html)

MaJ. Woody 10-21-2018 05:11 AM

How do I renew my ad?

I read a thread here on RCU that they improved the Marketplace and one of the improvements was to allow you to renew an ad and that they would even send you a reminder when the ad was expiring. Well my ad expired, no notice and I cant find a way to renew it without recreating it from scratch. This Marketplace sucks.

ravill 10-21-2018 09:33 AM

Probably the universe telling you to keep some jets! :cool:

MaJ. Woody 10-21-2018 09:55 AM

Ha! I was waiting for that from Joe Lewis! Oh I still have my two awesome Flashes that I built last year. 48 flights on the agressor and 14 on the fly navy. They are not going anywhere! The Sabre was only going to be posted for about another week or so. At that point my flying season will be over and I will start work on the Sabre if I have not sold it. I am mostly burned out from last years building season. If I do build the Sabre it is going to be one sweet jet. I have decided not to make building it like a job as I have done in the past. I dont care if it takes a couple winters to comete.

reo 10-21-2018 11:44 AM

marketplace

As for the marketplace, (and don't mean to hijack this thread)....how do I find the 'ratings' page for a member responding to my ad?? (or vice versa) The whole thing is just so frustrating now (for a number of reasons).

sysiek 10-21-2018 06:23 PM

Still sucks!!!!!!!!! Nothing is going to replace the old best place for Rc enthusiasts market place!!!!!!

AV8ATOR 10-21-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by sysiek (Post 12472559)
Still sucks!!!!!!!!! Nothing is going to replace the old best place for Rc enthusiasts market place!!!!!!

+1

Could it be that we just can't keep up with technology?

LGM Graphix 10-21-2018 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by reo (Post 12472463)
As for the marketplace, (and don't mean to hijack this thread)....how do I find the 'ratings' page for a member responding to my ad?? (or vice versa) The whole thing is just so frustrating now (for a number of reasons).

if you are using the mobile site you can't see ratings which to me is reason enough to not use rcu classifieds for anything anymore.

Zeeb 10-22-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody (Post 12472364)
I read a thread here on RCU that they improved the Marketplace and one of the improvements was to allow you to renew an ad and that they would even send you a reminder when the ad was expiring. Well my ad expired, no notice and I cant find a way to renew it without recreating it from scratch. This Marketplace sucks.

There are quite a few jet ads on RCGroups and some are even starting to show up on FG. I don't even try the marketplace here anymore.

RCISFUN 10-22-2018 01:35 PM

Just build the darn thing Dom!

No one going to buy it...lol

TimD. 10-22-2018 04:25 PM

Remember----------- Technology is here to help you and make things easier. Hah

Jetpilot24 10-23-2018 03:33 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...799d1a0bf1.jpg
Yeah Dom, quit screwing around keep the F-86 and build the freaking jet. It is RCUNIVERSE'S way of telling you to build it. If you don't build it, It will come back and haunt you like the ghost of Christmas past. So stop whining about it get the darn work shop set for full on build mode and BUILD IT.

Joe Lewis
SKYMASTER 1/5th F-86 PROUD OWNER AND PILOT.

Kingtech
K-80, K-140, And K-180 in a 1/5th SKYMASTER F-86

MaJ. Woody 10-23-2018 06:27 PM

There you are. Well with the weather having taken a turn for the worst, I will most likely start getting the shop ready for building this weekend. Once I get all my planes tucked away for winter and reorganize all my tables, I will unpack the Sabre and start building. Going to take it at an enjoyable pace with no targeted completion date. Joe do you know how the wing tanks impact the CG? Just wondering in case I want to switch between flying with them and not.

mongo 10-23-2018 06:40 PM

i give it a day, maybe 2, after ya actually get started building it, and some one will start trying to buy it...

MaJ. Woody 10-24-2018 01:19 AM

With my luck that could happen but once I unpack it and throw the shipping box away, there is no turning back.

Jetpilot24 10-24-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody (Post 12472993)
There you are. Well with the weather having taken a turn for the worst, I will most likely start getting the shop ready for building this weekend. Once I get all my planes tucked away for winter and reorganize all my tables, I will unpack the Sabre and start building. Going to take it at an enjoyable pace with no targeted completion date. Joe do you know how the wing tanks impact the CG? Just wondering in case I want to switch between flying with them and not.

Well that's good to know. As far as the tanks I never checked the CG with out them. I always flew both my Sabres withe the tanks on every flight.
Have fun with the build
Joe Lewis

Jetpilot24 10-26-2018 11:52 AM

Dom

One other thing that will make it a more satisfying build would be not to do a build thread on the Sabre. Maybe take a few pictures and post some progress. That will let you relax and enjoy assembly.
Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80, K-140, And K-180
Owner

MaJ. Woody 10-26-2018 02:42 PM

Funny you mention that. I was thinking my build thread days may be over. To do them the way I do them, takes a HUGE amount of effort and it is getting less and less enjoyable.
Tomorrow I plan on changing the shop over from flying mode to building mode.

TimD. 10-26-2018 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody (Post 12473015)
With my luck that could happen but once I unpack it and throw the shipping box away, there is no turning back.

That is how I commit to a build as well.

ravill 10-26-2018 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody (Post 12473716)
Funny you mention that. I was thinking my build thread days may be over. To do them the way I do them, takes a HUGE amount of effort and it is getting less and less enjoyable.
Tomorrow I plan on changing the shop over from flying mode to building mode.

Dom, share your builds man. We love them! But make sure you do it in a way that's good and sustainable for you.

aehaas 11-11-2018 02:08 PM

So how does one renew an ad??

tp777fo 11-11-2018 04:41 PM

On RCGroups

MaJ. Woody 11-11-2018 05:47 PM

You dont. You build it instead and are glad you are ��.