RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Intairco BEWARE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11658595-intairco-beware.html)

357 magnum 12-30-2018 01:07 PM

Intairco BEWARE

Jetcat motor given to Intairco for service in September for service and minor repair still not back and full of excuses as to why not beware of this company trying to get in email as to what is happening is not happening Australian Consumer affairs involved

tisdall_80 12-31-2018 02:53 AM

I've always had fantastic service from Intairco. Peter has always been great to deal with. Is the turbine being repaired by Intairco or has it been sent back to the factory?

siclick33 12-31-2018 03:19 AM

I had a set of Intairco electric retracts - 2 of the 3 units failed on their first cycle so I asked for my money back. Peter point blank refused and, whilst he did send replacement electric actuators, he would not even entertain the possibility of a refund. I had lost confidence in the system by then (the design of which I think is flawed) so was stuck with hundreds of dollars of crap that I couldn’t use.

He was adamant that there was not a problem so I sent the failed units back for him to look at (which he promised he would). He confirmed that the units had arrived back with him and that he would look at them. I never received any feedback so can only assume that he found something wrong with them that he didn’t want advertised.

I will no longer buy anything from Intairco.

357 magnum 01-17-2019 06:56 PM

Hi All attached is actual email correspondence for a company you all need to be wary of and I cannot understand why some manufactures would even want to associate with a company that treats customers this way
Subject: RE: from Intairco
XXXXX,

The only reason I am writing to you now is that we understand you have contacted JetCat regarding your engine delivery.I can confirm that your P20 arrived in an engine shipment today and has been shipped to you today via Express Parcel Post, article XXXXXXXXIf you should need any JetCat Service in the future could you please deal with and ship directly to them.
As a business we fully appreciate the frustration when things take longer than they should however we do not see the need for customers to be bombastic and gratuitously rude, there’s no call for it.
After advising you on the 31st December that your engine would be in the first shipment in the New Year you seemed to think it intelligent to attempt to out us on RCU….
I was made aware of it and watched with interest as to the result…..which of course was basically a face plant for you.
We have been in business for 20 years and we have not always got it right however, overwhelmingly, customers are happy with the service and products we supply as evidenced by the lack of support you received globally for your lame effort at trying to damage our business.
I have also been made aware that you have approached Xicoy to see if you can become an agent for them and that XXX and XXXX are attempting to set up some sort of Jet business, mind you XXXXX has had about a dozen goes and failed each time.
Maybe you can do better, competition is a healthy thing so I welcome whatever it is you think you can do better.
But as I said before, please do not come back to us for service, it is easier for us to focus on the customers that appreciate what we do well most of the time.
XXXXX
Intairco
Subject: Re: Quote from Intairco
Hi XXXX , I am out for the rest of the week until mid next week I understand it is now me that is holding things up but I will transfer the money upon my return late next week XXXXX
On 11 Dec 2018, at 8:54 am, info <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi XXXXX,
I copied this directly from their estimate to us so I don’t have any more information than this at hand.
I’m happy to ask them for more but if you could let me know what you need specifically this might be good, especially given language issues
Cheers
XXXXXX
Intairco
Subject: RE: Quote from Intairco
Hi XXXXXX, can I have a fully itemized quote please not a bulk one
Sent: Monday, 10 December 2018 9:34 AM
Subject: Quote from Intairco
Hi XXXXX,
Please see the attached quote for your P20SE Service.
If you would like to proceed with this please make your payment to:
Intairco
BSB
Acc
Once payment is received we will arrange to have the engine shipped back from Germany which should take approximately 7-10 days.
Best regards
Intairco

tassos p 01-17-2019 08:01 PM

Always had A+++ service from Peter at Intairco, even when he got it wrong he immediately rectified it at any cost for him.

This is a hobby meant to have fun and Peter helps us towards that goal. I placed my order on 6th Jan and it arrived on 13th Jan - absolutely excellent service.

Turbine service is another thing and I wouldn't blame Intairco for that.

Have fun - happy flying.

Tassos

Boomerang1 01-17-2019 11:17 PM

I can only speak regarding my particular dealings with Peter & Intairco and I'm a very satisfied customer.
I have bought a radio, engine & many accessories with no problems whatsoever.

Craig B. 01-18-2019 12:36 AM

I too have only ever had excellent service from Intairco.

I must say, the internet is a wonderful thing isn’t it? A guy can remain anonymous and take pot shots at a hard working small business owner from behind the safety of his computer screen.

If you are going to personally attack a guy who is trying to make a living, at least man up and state who you are rather than hide behind an alias....

I understand your frustration at delays with turbine servicing but Intairco are only an agent, not the manufacturer. Don’t shoot the messenger. You can’t blame Peter for putting you in your place when you are trying to trash his business. If your cut and paste is legitimate, I thought what he wrote was pretty tame in light of your attempts to discredit his business. It amazes me how people in this country think they can do their best to damage a businesses reputation and then cry about it when they are told to go elsewhere. You got off lightly pal. If you trash a guy without good justification in a public forum, you could be the one defending yourself legally. Food for thought.

My only relationship to Intairco is that of a satisfied customer for the last 20 years.

Levi Wags 01-18-2019 12:50 AM

I can only eco Craig’s comments. Very well written email Peter Agnew in my opinion. I’ve been a happy Intairco customer for 12+ years. There’s no one in the business that can provide the service and knowledge that they do. Darren this is slowly starting to backfire on you isn’t it sport.
Levi Wagner

Tuggs 01-18-2019 02:00 AM

Peter is an excellent business partner. I ordered replacement parts for my mig gear among other things and he was very helpful.

Dansy 01-18-2019 06:39 AM

I have order a few times from Peter and always got great service.....even from this far away :) and will order again as need arise.

siclick33 01-18-2019 06:50 AM

Well maybe you guys haven’t had problems.

Peter was fine with me as well until I had a problem. Then he abandoned me and left me with a load of crap and wasn’t interested.

Fingers crossed that everyone who places orders get what you want in a serviceable condition. If not, that is when the problems occur.

Mugu 01-18-2019 06:54 AM

Peter is a very good man and very serious!!!

Auburn02 01-18-2019 12:47 PM

Well if that's not a voice you can trust, I don't know what is.

Another positive/pleased customer of Intairco here.

Springbok Flyer 01-18-2019 02:08 PM

Agree completely.

Originally Posted by Craig B. (Post 12495038)
I too have only ever had excellent service from Intairco.

I must say, the internet is a wonderful thing isn’t it? A guy can remain anonymous and take pot shots at a hard working small business owner from behind the safety of his computer screen.

If you are going to personally attack a guy who is trying to make a living, at least man up and state who you are rather than hide behind an alias....

I understand your frustration at delays with turbine servicing but Intairco are only an agent, not the manufacturer. Don’t shoot the messenger. You can’t blame Peter for putting you in your place when you are trying to trash his business. If your cut and paste is legitimate, I thought what he wrote was pretty tame in light of your attempts to discredit his business. It amazes me how people in this country think they can do their best to damage a businesses reputation and then cry about it when they are told to go elsewhere. You got off lightly pal. If you trash a guy without good justification in a public forum, you could be the one defending yourself legally. Food for thought.

My only relationship to Intairco is that of a satisfied customer for the last 20 years.

Well said Craig, totally agree with you.

JanR

FenderBean 01-18-2019 02:17 PM

I have been on both sides of the fence, but ultimately I think this was a waste of RCU space. This is the first Bad thing I have ever heard about this company, maybe do some research and wait for proper responses before bashing next time.

philjac94 01-18-2019 02:44 PM

Well said Craig and Keith.
Those supposedly grown men, trying to publically discredit the man and the company is Disgusting behaviour. Grow Up!

j.duncker 01-19-2019 06:03 AM

I have removed a couple of posts one that was offensive from a new member that I suspect is a sock puppet. and a reply.

philjac94 01-19-2019 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by j.duncker (Post 12495309)
I have removed a couple of posts one that was offensive from a new member that I suspect is a sock puppet. and a reply.

The entire thread should be removed! What value does it add?

Andrew Bird 01-19-2019 07:09 AM

I've recently bought some parts for my CARF SU27 from them and they have been great to deal with. Not all companies get it right all the time but it seems like the issue was resolved. I'd have no problem at all using their products again - they come up with some really nice solutions IMHO.

Smokeyr67 01-19-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by philjac94 (Post 12495310)
The entire thread should be removed! What value does it add?

Nah, it gives other people a heads up with who not to deal with, i.e. the person posting email messages on a forum that probably only show one side of the story.

Mike 76 01-25-2019 04:37 PM

One off the better companies to deal with. Emailed Peter about my crashed JetCat and he put me onto the right person to have it inspected before I choose to have it repaired or replaced. Genuine guy with great service and products.

Sorry for your ‘apparent’ bad dealings but I somehow think Intairco haven’t lost any sleep with not having a vindictive customer. I certainly wouldn’t.

Mike M

Mike 76 01-25-2019 04:38 PM

One off the better companies to deal with. Emailed Peter about my crashed JetCat and he put me onto the right person to have it inspected before I choose to have it repaired or replaced. Genuine guy with great service and products.

Sorry for your ‘apparent’ bad dealings but I somehow think Intairco haven’t lost any sleep with not having a vindictive customer. I certainly wouldn’t.

Mike M

Appowner 01-26-2019 07:06 AM

When I tried to go to his web site, I got this from my security software:
"The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content."

Dansy 01-26-2019 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Appowner (Post 12497328)

I called bull**** on that statement.......work fine!

Or I guess I have a special computer LOL

philjac94 01-26-2019 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Appowner (Post 12497328)

Are you on a Company or Corporate network computer? I work for a large US based Corp. and cannot acces the site from work. There is no issue from any of my private devices or networks.