RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Dreamworks website (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11658833-dreamworks-website.html)

tp777fo 01-04-2019 04:31 PM

Dreamworks website

Hey Dreamworks your website sucks! I once again tried to purchase some stuff today but could not. I received a gift certificate for christmas and tried to use it to pay and it wouldnt work. I then tried to call and you were closed. I have been a loyal customer for years but dont know how much longer i can endure the pain of doing business with you. Dont tell me any more you are working to improve your web site and the process because after all this time NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Its sad to see a once successful and responsive business go down the crapper.

Dblex 01-04-2019 09:39 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...79cb8a20d.jpeg
Not making excuses for them, but I am sure this was a contributing factor.

tp777fo 01-05-2019 12:35 PM

Online worked exactly as normal....IT DIDN"T

TonyBuilder 01-06-2019 02:20 PM

I use to go there and buy stuff just because I was board, now a root canal would be easier. Really miss my wish list...

TB

camss69 01-06-2019 08:31 PM

The navigation of the site is not the best but the search function seems to work really well. I’ve been able to find everything through the search function.

rhklenke 01-07-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by camss69 (Post 12491859)
The navigation of the site is not the best but the search function seems to work really well. I’ve been able to find everything through the search function.

+1

I've been able to find everything I needed so far...

Bob

mikes68charger 01-07-2019 08:07 AM

It used to work just fine, but I have got so upset trying to build larger orders with there site, I started using Chief, which I don't like as much as DreamWorks sells more of the small stuff I like.

tp777fo 01-07-2019 08:54 AM

I had to call Jose but I got my order in....and he fixed the problem with using gift certificates. Shipps today.

Steam28 01-07-2019 10:02 AM

Their website has considerably improved since the new version was first released. Placed two orders recently. They could improve the search feature (number of results) but its manageable.

E.N.T. 01-07-2019 11:15 AM

Ordered today and just got a message the package is on the way.

hmarmaizmd717

Vincent 01-08-2019 06:24 AM

I use the search function and it seems to work ok, just go to exactly what you are looking to buy and go from there. I used to thumb thru things on the old site but that is too tedious now.

geebeeman 09-05-2019 04:14 PM

It is sucking again today & has been for several weeks. I keep getting a "Bad Request" error or a 404 error. A call to them was also no help. Sad to see an awesome company run into the ground.

wblombard 09-05-2019 05:09 PM

Must say the website is pretty crappy...actually frustrating forcing to look elsewhere

Dansy 09-05-2019 05:38 PM

I asked a question via their web site 2 weeks ago.....all I heard back is crickets......(nothing at all)

Just too bad used to be the place....for lots of jet items...

CARS II 09-05-2019 06:23 PM

Well, it worked just fine for me a few minutes ago, I did a search for a set of Prolinks struts for my Boomerang XL, found them ( I was looking for just the main struts) and will be getting a set soon and a few other items that I will be needing.

Auburn02 09-05-2019 09:23 PM

I don’t know that I’d say the company has been run into the ground, that seems quite a stretch. If you can find what you need their order to shipping speed is as good as it always has been, so from that aspect nothing has changed. But the site definitely has not improved from whenever they were forced to make a change some time ago. And they definitely don’t answer emails, not ones sent via the site contact link at least. Fortunately I usually have a good idea what I need and where to find it on the site, and they can have stuff to my door in two days if I get my order in first thing in the day so it’s still stop #1 for me.

Not to mention the parts support they give to jet events in the southeast and beyond, compared to some others who show up with a big banner/flag but nothing else.

wblombard 09-05-2019 09:29 PM

I Have never had any issues with delivery, always been great. I just wish they could go back to the old site...way simpler and ease of use. Also a bit crappy that they lost all previous order history...Call me crazy but its good to see what i spend over this hobby over the years ...lol!