RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Powerbox Core radio and set up thread. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11660334-powerbox-core-radio-set-up-thread.html)

RC_MAN 01-24-2024 07:26 PM

Adam can you recommend a remote ID module that works with your radio? I understand this is needed to fly at some locations in USA.

Dansy 01-25-2024 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by RC_MAN (Post 12792920)
Adam can you recommend a remote ID module that works with your radio? I understand this is needed to fly at some locations in USA.

‘It’s if you want to fly on your land, all the events are clear and as well establish clubs, for now anyway, it’s in the latest AMA email News….

BarracudaHockey 01-25-2024 03:43 AM

Any of the commercially available modules will work to comply with the law.

None that I know will supply telemetry to the radio but the Spektrum SKYID and whatever else will work if you just want to be compliant

marksp 02-19-2024 07:42 PM

PowerPak battery LED extensions

Anyone aware of a source for PowerPak LED extension to lengthen 9071 Extern-LED?

marksp 02-20-2024 02:54 PM

Although not currently offered as a product, CORE (w/GPS sensor) supports 5 of the 6 Remote ID data elements, specifically:
  1. The model's current location (latitude, longitude, and altitude)
  2. The model's current velocity
  3. The take-off location's latitude, longitude, and altitude
  4. A time mark
  5. The ability to determine the take-off location of the UAS
The only element missing is remote ID module serial number which could easily be generated from Rx unique serial #.

marksp 03-01-2024 11:48 AM

CORE Notes Widget

Has anyone sorted how to enter carriage return <CR> in Notes Widget? I'm trying to create a simple pre-flight multi-step check list and can only create 1-line note. Love to have 5-6 pre-flight items listed.

Cheers

AEROSHELDON 03-04-2024 07:15 AM

What I would like to do is have different values for expo with the gyro is switched off. I also want to have one gyro switch that has three values and a second switch that turns the gyro off, just for emergency. I think I can use a virtural switch to get the gyro on two switches for a master "off" and the three gyro values (none 0) on one switch because the three values is easy....

Any suggestions?

PowerBox Tech 03-04-2024 07:31 AM

Use a Servo Cut-Off for you master gain and tie the expo setting into flight modes. If you are not otherwise using flight modes, you can use the same switch as the cutoff to activate the FM giving you 2 positions and enacting separate sets of expo for gyro on and off.

AEROSHELDON 03-04-2024 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by PowerBox Tech (Post 12795807)
Use a Servo Cut-Off for you master gain and tie the expo setting into flight modes. If you are not otherwise using flight modes, you can use the same switch as the cutoff to activate the FM giving you 2 positions and enacting separate sets of expo for gyro on and off.

Yes I am using FMs for landing flaps to trim on elevator and aileron. But I have other FMs available correct?

Zeeb 03-04-2024 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON (Post 12795809)
Yes I am using FMs for landing flaps to trim on elevator and aileron. But I have other FMs available correct?

From the PB Americas website with CORE specs;

"12 flight modes with priority control"

frankie 03-29-2024 07:19 PM

Hello All,

Wondering if anybody is able to assist here - I have over half a dozen Powerbox receivers, a mix of the 9 channel and the new 14 channel units - all are working faultlessly. However one of my 9 channel units is not responding to commands from my PB transmitter. The receiver binds immediately to my PB transmitter, however does nothing more than this. With a correctly set up model, moving the sticks (servo travel shown in monitor screen) does not translate into the servos moving to the powered up and bound PB receiver.

For those in "the know", can you suggest a possible cause here? Possible firmware update needed?

BRG, Frank

Dave Wilshere 03-29-2024 09:54 PM

Are you saying no servos function?
Software update won’t solve that. Talk to your retailer where the Rx came from.

CostasV 03-31-2024 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 12797466)
With a correctly set up model, moving the sticks (servo travel shown in monitor screen) does not translate into the servos moving to the powered up and bound PB receiver.

Hi Frank,

Check that you have not inadvertently changed the starting channel for the receiver's servo ports.

You can change the channel that the servo ports start at, so for example if the start channel has been changed to say 15 the rx will only output channels 15, 16, 17....all the way to 23/24. It will no longer respond to chanels 1 through to 9/10.

This parameter ('Output A Start') can be verified and changed in the Rx menu.

Jannica 04-01-2024 01:23 AM

This is for Costas or someone else who feels they know their ways around the Mercury. I need some advice.

I´m setting up the CARF Eurosport. It has a delta configuration and a canard wing that dubbels as an elevator and as as flap. I haven´t really managed to get things right with the gyro function on the delta and the canard and I think it has to do with in witch order I program things. So, here is my dilemma.

Lets say I start with a factory reset Mercury. I understand the basic menu so lets leave that one for now.

Now comes the “set up assistant” I understand that I should set up the delta configuration in the transmitter together with all other functions before I start with the assistant. But shall de canard be set up with the elevator stick control before I run the assistant so that the assistant detects it and assigns a gyro to it at this stage? Or, should I add a control to the canard function later and add it to the Mercury at a later stage via the “input manager”?

As I understand it the canard mixer in the transmitter makes use of both elevator gyros A and B? If that is the case I want to use elevator gyro function C for the canard.

I hope you can follow me this far even though English is not my natural language.

In the next stage I also want to add a flap function to the canard but that shall of course not use a gyro function. That should not be so hard I guess? I just make a function for that in the transmitter with it´s one control switch.

Then, almost the same question as the one above goes for the nos wheel steering as well. I want the steering to be connected to the same stick as the rudder. Then I want the rudder to take advantage of rudder gyro function A and the wheel steering to follow rudder gyro B. Do I set it up with the control stick in the transmitter before I run the “set up assistant” or after via Input mapping?

I would really appreciate if you ,Costas ore some one else, could sort all this out for me.

I would also take the opportunity to express my gratitude for all your instruction videos, Costas. They are invaluable.

Jannica

Sweden.

Jannica 04-01-2024 01:59 AM

Maybe I should also say that I am using the PB Atom and the PB Mercury SR2.

CostasV 04-01-2024 02:22 AM

HI Jannica,

With regards to the canards and the nose wheel - these should be added manually (as well as gyro assignment for these if required) after you run through with the assistant.

The assistant has certain limitations, for instance the nose wheel cannot be handled within the assistant so it must be added manually in the output mapping screen (after first running through setup assistant) and if wanting the gyro to work on the nose wheel then assign a free gyro output (eg. RUDDER B or C) in the output mapping screen for the nose wheel.

I have not tried setting up a canard equipped aircraft so I need to double check my comment above but they should be able to be added manually in any case.

Flap is just a normal function so the Mercury does not impact the flaps, this would just be set up as 'Direct xx' in the output mapping for the ports where the flap servos plug into.

Found this thread over on the PB forum which touches on the same topic...

https://forum.powerbox-systems.com/forum/index.php?thread/14886-instructions-and-set-up-assistant-channel-assignment/#post96483

Jannica 04-01-2024 05:14 AM

Thank you Costas. Clear as crystal!:)

Jannica

frankie 04-01-2024 05:41 PM

Hello All,

My problem with the PB RX has been resolved - firstly, thanks to all those who responded.

CostasV, when I read your post, the penny dropped. I have a small and complex jet with a lot of channels. To keep the install light/simple I did not want to use any power expander's, etc, so opted for two small 9 channel RX's, with one of them set to start at channel#11. After I set the model up, the new PB 14 channel RX came out, which I purchased and replaced the two 9 channels with, etc. It's now obvious that even though I was attempting to use this particular 9 channel RX in a new model with only one receiver, it would not work as intended as the start channel for this RX was still set to #11, and was not responding to my standard programming-of course this makes perfect sense now.

Thanks again CostasV, a good example of how a single alteration can affect the operation of a receiver.

BRG, Frank

CostasV 04-01-2024 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by frankie (Post 12797656)
Thanks again CostasV,

No problem Frank, always glad to assist.

At least it was an easy 'fix' so to speak...!

AEROSHELDON 04-18-2024 03:03 PM

On the iGyro sat I am flying a plane that is set up but I want more aileron throw. I will add the aileron throw with the tail not connected to make it easier in my basement. Do I have to do "orientation" again to get to the max throw screen? If so, then I'll probably put the plane together to check everything.

As you can see it'd be easier with the entire tail section not even attached.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...9d505d4b0b.jpg

CostasV 04-18-2024 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON (Post 12798747)
Do I have to do "orientation" again to get to the max throw screen?

You just have to re-teach the sticks... no need to re-teach the gyro mounting position/orientation. You can select this directly from the Tx without needing to go through relearning the mounting position.

Just ensure that you have full throw(s) selected when teaching the sticks and it will now use the larger throw available.

BTW... nice jet...!

BarracudaHockey 04-19-2024 03:40 AM

Yep, just do the stick learning

Jannica 04-19-2024 04:52 AM

Receiver and a servo in the fin and only using one lead?

I have a diffuse memory of Costas, or someone else, discussing the possibility of having a receiver and a servo in the fin and only using one lead to the Mercury in the front of the aircraft. Then the receiver of course connects via the P2bus to the Mercury. Nothing strange there. Then I guess you can change the fast track connection of a PBR-26D receiver to a servo output and connect the rudder servo there. So far ,so good. But, if so, and here comes my question, is it possible to have gyro function emanating from the iGyro and the Mercury on the rudder servo that is directly connected only to the second receiver in the fin? Or, should I just stop trying to be clever and use two leads?

Jannica
Sweden

AEROSHELDON 04-19-2024 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by CostasV (Post 12798755)
You just have to re-teach the sticks... no need to re-teach the gyro mounting position/orientation. You can select this directly from the Tx without needing to go through relearning the mounting position.

Just ensure that you have full throw(s) selected when teaching the sticks and it will now use the larger throw available.

BTW... nice jet...!

Thanks!

CostasV 04-19-2024 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jannica (Post 12798765)
Then I guess you can change the fast track connection of a PBR-26D receiver to a servo output and connect the rudder servo there.

You cannot do this.....

The gyro is handled by the Mercury so you must plug the rudder servo into the Mercury otherwise there will be no gyro effect and no redundancy offered if you plug the rudder servo directly into one receiver.