RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   First in Flight Jet Rally 2019 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11661660-first-flight-jet-rally-2019-a.html)

RC Larry-RCU 03-05-2019 05:10 PM

First in Flight Jet Rally 2019

Its that time again folks. We're gearing up for the First in Flight Jet Rally! This years event to be held May 22-26, Wilson Industrial Air Center. Registration got off to a fast start and we're expecting another great turn out for this years event. There will be No Cap on pilots this year, but tent rentals have already gotten off to a quick start. Once we hit 30 rental tents, we will stop taking orders on those.
Pilot registration, tent rentals, tables, shirts, fans and more are all very easy to order on our website. If you plan to be a vendor, be sure and click on the Vendor icon. Award sponsorship spots will be open later this week if you would like to sponsor one.
It's all a very simple process. Just got to
www.firstinflightjets.com to register, get hotel information, contact info and more.
Look forward to seeing all the gang on runway 3-21 again this year!!

Larry
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...416781fe3a.jpg

Viper1GJ 03-05-2019 06:23 PM

Hey Larry,
South Carolina Jet Squadron tents ordered, pilot registered, and looking forward to another great FIF!
See you there.
Gary

Ron Stahl 03-06-2019 08:31 AM

Hi Larry, I'm planning on being there this year unless work gets in the way. Already started talking to the other MD guys that come down with me for planning sake.

JimBrown 03-12-2019 11:26 AM

Hey Larry! Took care of registration and tent rental while waiting for our flight to Punta Cana on the 3rd. At 6:00 am. Heh... We'll be there Monday May 20th. And I'll be bringing my new shirts with me. ;-)

...jim

meps 03-13-2019 05:42 AM

Just registered and ordered our tent. The Fayetteville gang will be there.

Steve

RC Larry-RCU 03-13-2019 05:45 PM

Looking forward to another great one guys!
We'll be posting additional info on the FIF website very soon. Awards are now listed and available if you'd like to sponsor one.

RC Larry-RCU 04-19-2019 06:48 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...5257af70f4.jpg
OK folks. Just a quick update on this year's First in Flight Jet Rally. Pre-Registration going great. LOTS of tent rentals already but we still have some room for more. Remember, every registration INCLUDES one event T-shirt AND a ticket to the Saturday night pilots banquet. But to guarantee getting your shirt sizeyou must pre-register not later than May 10th. When you register on our site you will be asked to list your size. Like everything else on the site, its all a very easy process.

Tent Rentals are rolling in already and there are a few left on the paved section of the pits. All tent rentals must be made not later than May 15th to guarantee your spot. When reserving a tent you also have the option to add side walls if desired. Clear or solid sides are available. While on the store section of our site you can also rent tables, chairs, fans etc. If you find yourself needing to cancel your order before the event you can. You can cancel not later than May 15th and get a full refund. If later than May 15th there will be no refund. I still have to pay the tent man!!!! All this information is noted on the order/store section of our website.

Hotels, Restaurants and much more are all located on the site. Also, we have added links to thousands of pictures from past events!

A HUGE thank you to all the fantastic folks who stepped up to sponsor our pilot awards. Like may years past, we have changed things up and will be presenting something different than past years. All are VERY nice looking awards and we think our sponsors will be very pleased with what they sponsored. We might post pics of the new style awards later on the site, but for now ,,,trust me! The names of each sponsor are now posted on the awards section. Please make a point to thank them when possible.

Yes,,,,Dream Works RC will be In Da House!!!! So start getting that shopping list written up boys!!!

Judging from pre-registration and phone calls, it's looking to be another big year. We're really looking forward to seeing you guys again.

There will be limited updates on RCU as we prefer to use our website for info. You can also stay up to date on our Face Book page if you like that social media scene.

Charge those batteries and fill those Jet-A jugs boys. First in Flight is just a few weeks away!!!!

Larry

Viper1GJ 04-19-2019 11:21 AM

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the update. Working on getting everything ready now. The SC Jet Squadron will be there.
Do you know where the Dreamworks trailer will be parked this year?
Thanks
Gary

rcflier53 04-19-2019 02:20 PM

Hopefully, the Dreamworks trailer is moved back much further from the flight line this year. It created such a cluster trying to get through being parked right in the middle of the taxiway. I appreciate their support and towing a mobile hobby shop all the way up, but it was not in a good location last year.

jetmon 04-20-2019 07:44 AM

Hello Larry
I'm coming this year and I'm very excited about It ​​​​​​​see you soon

jeteye 04-20-2019 11:39 AM

Hi Larry,

Looking forward to seeing you soon! This will be my first event this year. Everything's all healed up, and ready to go!

RC Larry-RCU 04-21-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by jetmon (Post 12519478)
Hello Larry
I'm coming this year and I'm very excited about It ​​​​​​​see you soon

FANTASTIC Juan! We are really excited to hear you are coming!

RC Larry-RCU 04-21-2019 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jeteye (Post 12519532)
Hi Larry,

Looking forward to seeing you soon! This will be my first event this year. Everything's all healed up, and ready to go!

See you SOON General!!! Glad to see you are back up to speed and ready to hit the jet tour again!

Ron Stahl 04-22-2019 07:48 AM

Talked almost all the MD gang that come with me and we are a go for at least 6 guys. Making hotel reservations today.

rhklenke 04-22-2019 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl (Post 12519986)
Talked almost all the MD gang that come with me and we are a go for at least 6 guys. Making hotel reservations today.

Glad to see you're going to make it Ron!

Bob

RC Larry-RCU 04-22-2019 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ron Stahl (Post 12519986)

That's GREAT news Ron. We missed seeing you on the flight line last year.

Viper1GJ 04-23-2019 04:13 AM

Hi Larry,
Looking forward to FIF this year. However, I'm already planning for FIF 2020. Do you know the dates for FIF 2020 yet?
Thanks,
Gary

ifly3d 04-23-2019 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ (Post 12520183)
Hi Larry,
Looking forward to FIF this year. However, I'm already planning for FIF 2020. Do you know the dates for FIF 2020 yet?
Thanks,
Gary

Gary,

Should be May 20-24 2020. See in a few weeks

Josh

Viper1GJ 04-23-2019 12:24 PM

Thanks Josh, got it. See you in a few weeks.
Gary

Tec 04-24-2019 12:51 PM

I hope to attend this years event, It'll be great to get back to NC and visit with the old crew.

ifly3d 04-25-2019 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tec (Post 12520618)
I hope to attend this years event, It'll be great to get back to NC and visit with the old crew.

Brian, Bring Jack with you.

Ron Stahl 04-25-2019 10:40 AM

Hotels rooms booked and registered online, totally painless! We are hoping for great weather; the people and site are always great!!!!!!!

Tec 04-26-2019 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ifly3d (Post 12520763)
Brian, Bring Jack with you.

Hey Josh! I see if I can stuff him in my suitcase lol

bstussie 05-01-2019 04:28 AM

3 weeks and counting... cant wait to see everyone

jetguy34695 05-04-2019 08:50 AM

Tent at first in flight

does anyone have a spare spot in a tent

Tom Telesca
727-430-4763