RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   digitech CRU Central Retract unit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11670149-digitech-cru-central-retract-unit.html)

digitech 09-28-2019 03:35 AM

digitech CRU Central Retract unit

3 Attachment(s)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...96e8e48884.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...34b86cf112.jpg
NEW!
Digitech CRU

Central Retract Unit
Worlds first truly configurable retract controller with telemetry!
Designed by Carsten Groen, produced and sold by Digitech.
. Works on most available retracts (Electron , Behotec , JP , Digitech , Prolynx , Jet-1A , Mibo Jets etc).
. Power in/out easy to hook between your turbine or RX battery system (dual MPX connectors).
. Sequencer with 4 servo output channels (smart system will only work if wheels are in or out, dependent on status).
. Current is monitored (alarm can be set) for the 4 door servos, alarm if excessive current (blocked doors).
. Manual Pushbutton for gear up/down, can be mounted on fuselage (no need to turn on TX to control gear).
. Selectable Pulse braking (to avoid flat-spots).
. Anti Skid (we wanted to call it ASS “Anti Skid System”) but this was revoked by our department of seriousness Attachment 2265397:) )
. Gyro controlled brakes and front wheel servo.
. Independent braking by rudder movement, you get more braking power to one side when moving rudder.
. Delays independent of each retract for up and down, for scale purposes.
. Settable speed, max current, rewind time etc. for retracts.
. works with virtually ANY retract system.
. Status messages on transmitter (wheels in/out locked), error (LUA application available, courtesy David Mcqueeney).
. Front wheel braking possible.
. Upgradeable via USB connector.
. EX Bus jeti compatible (further TX systems pending).
. 3 retract output
. 3 brake outputs
. 4 gear door servo outputs
. 1 steering wheel servo output
. 1 manuel switch input (for gear up/down without transmitter)
. 1 Jeti EX Bus connector
. 1 Male Multiplex connector
. 1 Female Multiplex connector

For Jeti, fully EX Bus compatible, only 1 cable needed to your receiver.!
Full Jeti programmable thru Device Explorer menu.
Ideal for scale models, you can delay each gear in and out with time delays.
You can set every brake in Pulse mode and even control the braking force for left, right and front.
You can set the rewind time, min/max retract time, max current allowed (block detection) etc.
Works also with LUA application, full status for gear and brakes on one single easy-to-use screen!
Available end of year 2019.
Price 149,- incl Local taxes.

Technical details:
Input voltage: 6 to 14 volts
Max current for the 3 retracts: 4 Amp each
Max current for the 3 brakes: 3 Amp each
CNC milled aluminum box
Size: 69 x 45 x 17 mm (excluding connectors)
Weight: 50 grams (1.8 oz)

ravill 09-28-2019 07:37 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...74623e841f.gif

*fully loaded!
Wowza! Talk about a fully retract set up!!

Nice job gentlemen!!

ExFokkerFlyer 09-28-2019 07:23 PM

Awesome!

LA jetguy 09-28-2019 10:24 PM

Amazing.... when will aeropanda have them for sale?

digitech 09-29-2019 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by LA jetguy (Post 12553322)
Amazing.... when will aeropanda have them for sale?

before end of this year , little luck November.
you can pre order now ;-)

Dansy 09-29-2019 03:25 AM

This will be cool once you get the ExBux Jeti integration ��

Carsten Groen 09-29-2019 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12553337)
This will be cool once you get the ExBux Jeti integration ��

"once" ?
Its already integrated in Jeti Device Explorer with menus etc (12 separate menus) :)

Dansy 09-29-2019 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen (Post 12553367)
"once" ?
Its already integrated in Jeti Device Explorer with menus etc (12 separate menus) :)

Sorry I was going by this “ EX Bus jeti compatible (further TX systems pending).”

So I guess I stand corrected, so there’s a bin File already great, I will have these in my jets....

Carsten Groen 09-29-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12553374)

Sorry I was going by this “ EX Bus jeti compatible (further TX systems pending).”

So I guess I stand corrected, so there’s a bin File already great, I will have these in my jets....

Ah yes, no worries. The BIN file will be a part of the usual updates from Jeti, just as other devices. The CRU is the first truly universal retract controller (that I know of ;) ) that also has telemetry and a lot of cool features.
Hope you will like it :)

Dansy 09-29-2019 07:10 AM

Well I do have 7 CTU’s ;)

Carsten Groen 09-29-2019 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12553377)
Well I do have 7 CTU’s ;)

:cool:

digitech 09-29-2019 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen (Post 12553367)
"once" ?

and 61 settable functions ;-)

jamessymons 08-08-2020 12:29 AM

Hi Guys

When using the CRU in manual mode i.e Not connected to the radio. Do all three retracts have to be plugged in for it to work with the pushbutton ? I plugged one of my JP retracts in with a Jeti 2S Lilon battery but nothing happened when I pushed the button. Are there any prerequisites that one needs to be aware of when using without the radio ?

Kind Regards

James

digitech 08-08-2020 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by jamessymons (Post 12623225)
Hi Guys

When using the CRU in manual mode i.e Not connected to the radio. Do all three retracts have to be plugged in for it to work with the pushbutton ? I plugged one of my JP retracts in with a Jeti 2S Lilon battery but nothing happened when I pushed the button. Are there any prerequisites that one needs to be aware of when using without the radio ?

Kind Regards

James

no should work
however :
1 . Check if you have the cable correct ++-
2 . HOLD the button for more then 2 seconds otherwise it wont work (due to security)

jamessymons 08-08-2020 06:07 AM

Thanks Sandor. I will try again, I think it might be item 2.

jamessymons 11-10-2020 02:29 AM

Hi Guys

In the manual for the CRU if using a external gyro they say to turn off the CRU gyro which is fine. But when configuring the brakes is it ok to use the gyro compensation of the CRU if also using an external gyro. If so what is the ideal percentage gain ?

Kind Regards
James

Dansy 11-10-2020 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by jamessymons (Post 12643726)
Hi Guys

In the manual for the CRU if using a external gyro they say to turn off the CRU gyro which is fine. But when configuring the brakes is it ok to use the gyro compensation of the CRU if also using an external gyro. If so what is the ideal percentage gain ?

Kind Regards
James

Curious to see the answer to this.....

I’m going to assume that turning the gyro ON for the Brakes....will also activate the nose steering CRU gyro.....unless the steering doesn’t go through the CRU??

Carsten Groen 11-10-2020 02:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dansy (Post 12643729)
Curious to see the answer to this.....

I’m going to assume that turning the gyro ON for the Brakes....will also activate the nose steering CRU gyro.....unless the steering doesn’t go through the CRU??

Nope,
you control the amount (and enable/disable) of gyro for the nose and brakes separately:

Dansy 11-10-2020 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen (Post 12643730)
Nope,
you control the amount (and enable/disable) of gyro for the nose and brakes separately:

‘Good to know thanks, I only have one and I’m not done with the install.....

flyloose 11-10-2020 10:40 AM

Would this unit function for a pneumatic setup using electronic air valves? It appears to be really designed around electric gear with servo operated gear doors, but I'm curious

Carsten Groen 11-10-2020 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by flyloose (Post 12643795)
Would this unit function for a pneumatic setup using electronic air valves? It appears to be really designed around electric gear with servo operated gear doors, but I'm curious

Sorry, would not work. The CRU control the retract mechanisms with a DC voltage that changes polarity depending on the way the gear must move.

flyloose 11-11-2020 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen (Post 12643912)
Sorry, would not work. The CRU control the retract mechanisms with a DC voltage that changes polarity depending on the way the gear must move.

Thanks for the response, Carsten

jvaliensi 11-11-2020 09:30 AM

HI,
This device looks awesome. I just set up an Xicoy LG-13 and it works good but the set up was a PIA.
I see it is called new, but there are photos of it installed in April of this year on the Joker build thread. Has it been around for beta testing?
Are they available to purchase now?
Cheers!

Carsten Groen 11-11-2020 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by jvaliensi (Post 12643989)
HI,
This device looks awesome. I just set up an Xicoy LG-13 and it works good but the set up was a PIA.
I see it is called new, but there are photos of it installed in April of this year on the Joker build thread. Has it been around for beta testing?
Are they available to purchase now?
Cheers!

Its been on the market for quite some time now :)
You can contact Dreamworks or Aeropanda in your part of the world :)
PS: I'm the designer of it, both hardware and software. Produced by Sandor at Digitech Aerosports in The Netherlands

scaleforlife 11-12-2020 02:33 PM

Firmware

I have a first release unit that I have not installed yet and was wondering if there are any changes or updates on the CRU. I did notice that the manual button is high as mine is flush with the top surface.

Thank you, Ken