RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   First in Flight Jet Rally May 20-24 2020 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11674346-first-flight-jet-rally-may-20-24-2020-a.html)

RC Larry-RCU 01-21-2020 07:58 AM

First in Flight Jet Rally May 20-24 2020

The time is approaching again folks. The First in Flight Jet Rally will be taking place May 20-24, 2020 again at the Wilson Industrial Air Center, Wilson NC. All registrations, Tent Rentals and more will be done online through our web-site. registration expected to begin first week of March, but we wanted to put dates out now. We've had a ton of FB inquires and phone calls coming in asking for dates. Our website will be getting updated very soon, but you can get all hotel info now on our site. www.firstinflightjets.com

I do want to give you guys a bit of good,,,no,,,, GREAT NEWS! This years Pilot Award Banquet will again be INSIDE. we were fortunate enough to find an event venue located just 1 mile from the airport. Ice cold Air Conditioning, plenty of powder rooms and no more echo's like the old hanger. ;) We'll have more info on that later, but I just signed the contract last week. So we're good to go. Its a 5 minute trip located right off Airport Road.

Word on the street is we have some new vendors coming this year! We'll share that with you as well once confirmed. We also plan to have the DW trailer located along vendor row as last year. That will keep pit row freed up for those massive planes you guys are pushing through.

Josh Bunn had the honors of picking out this years jet to be featured on the 2020 T-Shirt. That's a secrete for now, but it's gonna be cool!

We'll be honoring two of our fallen family members this year. Andy Kane who we all loved so much, and Marshall Sanderson. Andy was so well known in our hobby and it goes without saying he was a true ambassador to the hobby. No matter where he was or what kind of event he attended, Andy always made it better. Marshall was one of our FIF staff workers who has devoted so much time working our event for years. He has provided air traffic control on the radio for us along with Clyde Long for the past 10 years. We'll bring more info on our plans to honor them.

Look for our website to be updated soon. We'll get tent info and more posted for your needs. If you plan to attend as a vendor of need sponsoring details now, feel free to call/email.
www.firstinflightjets.com
So get ready folks!!!! the 2020 FIF Rally we be here before ya know it!!!!

Larry Lewis
919-215-3946
[email protected]

f106jax 01-21-2020 11:35 AM

Great news famous Larry! Cheryl and I will be there for sure. See you soon!

Digital Pilot 01-21-2020 11:52 AM

Michelle and I are looking forward. I hear its a great event!!!!

Jeff

Viper1GJ 01-21-2020 05:37 PM

Larry,

Thanks again for all the work you and your staff do for all of us. Were looking forward to being there again.

Gary Jones and the South Carolina Jet Squadron guys.

fmrsdtr 01-22-2020 04:41 AM

Greg and I plan to be there this year with JAG RC, Electron Retracts USA, and SAB Avio USA. We're looking forward to attending for the first time!

Dansy 01-22-2020 04:50 AM

I will be there...first time for us....looking forward to it..

RC Larry-RCU 01-23-2020 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by fmrsdtr (Post 12578022)
Greg and I plan to be there this year with JAG RC, Electron Retracts USA, and SAB Avio USA. We're looking forward to attending for the first time!

That's awesome news! Look forward to having you join us!!!

RC Larry-RCU 01-23-2020 10:16 AM

That's great Daniel. We're fortunate to have several of our Canadian buddies attend our event. I think you'll have a great time.

JimBrown 01-23-2020 06:15 PM

Doug, Pat, Ann and I will be there as usual! It's the season opener for us!!

...jim

Blinky 01-23-2020 06:37 PM

My son Dwayne Jr. and I will attend this year first time we are excited. Thanks for having us Dwayne Woods Sr. He is flying his SS Havoc and new Rogue.

RC Larry-RCU 02-06-2020 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Blinky (Post 12578485)
My son Dwayne Jr. and I will attend this year first time we are excited. Thanks for having us Dwayne Woods Sr. He is flying his SS Havoc and new Rogue.

That's awesome Dwayne! We look forward to having you both. We'll be getting updated info posted on the First in Flight website soon. Hotel info and more is already up there for those early arrangements folks need to make.

RC Larry-RCU 02-10-2020 12:49 PM

OK guys. Been getting a bunch of text and phone calls about the event and when registration will be open. We're gonna follow the same schedule as last year. Online registration will begin first week of March. Most likely March 4th.
All registration/rentals will be done online through our web-site.

Vendors set up same as last year. You must be a vendor to be located in the vendor section. Sorry,,,, paying more for tent doesn't get you a better spot! ;)

More news to come!

RC Larry-RCU 02-21-2020 06:01 AM

Registration open March 4th

RC Larry-RCU 03-03-2020 07:08 PM

Calling All Pilots!!! It's March 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!
Registration is NOW OPEN! The First in Flight site is up and running, and the orders have already started pouring in!!!
Just go to www.firstinflightjets.com where you can easily get registered, order tents, shirts, RV slots and more. Hotel info, restaurant information and sponsorship info is all available as well. everything is set up in a very simple Shopping Cart format. When you place an order you will receive confirmations.

Please note that T-Shirt orders are a separate item this year. Both short and long sleeve are available.

Interested in Hats or Sun Visors? Shoot me an email or text if you would like to buy one. Depending on interest, we may move forward with it. Art work would include the First in Flight wording shown below, minus the aircraft. You can only get so much on a hat or visor's front! I plan to get a few made for staff members and myself, but depending on interest we may have several more made up. Tis is something we can add to the website if needed.

We have already heard from a few new vendors that plan on attending. We're very excited about that! And remember, ONLY VENDORS are allowed to pay the vendor fee to get priority tent spots by the start up area! ;)

And just in case you havent heard,,,,, This years Pilot Banquet has been move back inside! We have reserved a great indoor venue located very close to the airport. Best part, its AIR CONDITIONED!!!!!!!! The vendue only take a very fews minutes to get to, being located right off Airport Road. No more echos or beads of sweat dripping on your plate! :)

Want to be a sponsor for First in Flight? Those opportunities are located on the web site as well. Award Sponsorship will be open in the coming days. Please take time to look at our web sites Sponsors Page. All sponsors from last years event are still proudly listed. All sponsors at this years event will be posted and remain throughout the coming months.

We'll be bringing more info in the coming days, but let's get this party started. As always, feel free to call / text me with any questions or concerns.

Larry
919-215-3946
Or use our e-mail contact located on teh web site

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...aceebda73e.png

RC Larry-RCU 03-04-2020 03:38 AM

Lets Party!!!

Viper1GJ 03-04-2020 07:41 AM

I'll take a hat!
Gary Jones

Dansy 03-04-2020 09:12 AM

I would be interested in a hat as well..

RC Larry-RCU 03-04-2020 09:45 AM

Holy Smoke. I think we're gonna need a bigger airport!! lol
At 6:00 Am this morning my phone and e-mail blew up!!!! Orders pouring in, and we LOVE IT!
Seeing a lot of new names for first time attendees. That's something we always welcome and we're glad to have.
Tent line is filling up fast.

We plan to address sponsorship opportunities later today, both here and on our FB page.
For now, award sponsorships (trophies) are turned off on web site.
Banquet sponsorship is now open and can be accessed through the website.

ifly3d 03-04-2020 12:39 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...c03f34ff9.jpeg
Out front
This is your view from the pilot stations look out in front of you !!!!

ifly3d 03-04-2020 12:40 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...315f9250b.jpeg
Left side view
Pilots station looking left !!!

ifly3d 03-04-2020 12:40 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...352b39ecd.jpeg
Right side view
Pilots station looking Right !!!!!

ifly3d 03-04-2020 12:41 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...a8eb05c62.jpeg
Looking down taxi way from flight line.
Pilots station looking down pit row behind you !!!!

ifly3d 03-04-2020 01:07 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...0d07956d2.jpeg

RC Larry-RCU 03-04-2020 03:41 PM

You're right Josh,,, It's Big Enough to hold'em all !!!!!!

RC Larry-RCU 03-05-2020 09:59 AM

First in Flight is thrilled to announce DreamWorks Model Products along with Jet Cat Americas as a 2020 FIF sponsor. They have graciously sponsored all of the category awards for this year's event.
A sincere thank you to an awesome group.