RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   RCU Spamming my email with unrelated ads (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11675624-rcu-spamming-my-email-unrelated-ads.html)

AndyAndrews 02-23-2020 08:37 AM

RCU Spamming my email with unrelated ads

This was emailed to me today. Please take me off your email list RCU. I don't want anything unrelated to the hobby spamming my email:
-------------------------

Dear RCUniverse,

Most Americans feel like no matter how many diets they go on or how much they exercise, they still struggle with weight gain, junk food cravings, and even belly bloat.

The blame is commonly pointed towards a bad metabolism, poor genetics, and even old age. However, a new breakthrough discovery shows that the real culprit is linked to one extremely common protein that is likely in your refrigerator right now.

While consuming the right protein can help you lose huge amounts of weight, the wrong protein can be a major risk to your health.

Click here to find out this one common “toxic” protein.

P.S. Consuming this protein can lead to weight gain, junk food cravings and decreased energy levels, so watch this shocking presentation right now.

-----------------------------------------

I mean seriously??? Sheesh!

AEROSHELDON 02-23-2020 08:57 AM

I don't even open those.... DELETE!

It is crazy that it even happens.

LGM Graphix 02-23-2020 09:27 AM

They don't care. One only needs to look at the support forums and read all the problems that members being to light and see how very few get answers to or corrected. Ever since the new admin and forum changes they just don't care.
The sad part is, try as they might the other forum options just have never become really used or viable and Facebook is a total pain to try and follow one thread and/or find updates within the comments so people keep on coming back here and rcu admin seems to know it. It's that mentality of "we don't have to be good when there aren't really any other options for people"

AndyAndrews 02-23-2020 09:36 AM

I believe the site was profitable before the new owners ruined it. Why else would they have bought it in the first place? Perhaps they should reflect on that.

FenderBean 02-23-2020 09:42 AM

Most if not all sites make money from paid advertising, you have to keep in mind this is a free site to users but not to the owners. I run two websites and wish I could make money from advertising for sure, profits shrink to nothing because the dang fees. YouTube, FB, Flying giants, RCU, RCGroups, RunRyder, Twitter, Instagram and so on all do it, its should be in the user agreement.
I dont agree with any website sharing anything to include your email unless you agree to it.
I also agree with the above, the site was ruined well before it changed a couple years ago, most forums on the internet have become very toxic. The lines between opinion and fact have vanished to most, I see very little activity one build threads here now, thought about just sticking to my youtube and FB for the next one.

AndyAndrews 02-23-2020 09:47 AM

I understand how income streams work on the internet. This site was making money before the new owners ruined it. They didn't use any of the tactics like sending emails without (overtly that is) getting permission first. I'm sure when we all agreed to get a user account here someone tossed in a waiver allowing them to use our email addresses for SPAM. I didn't authorize it knowingly.

So TAKE ME OFF RCU.

Thanks,
Andy

gunradd 02-23-2020 10:13 AM

I just spammed them. Iíll check RCU when I feel like anyway. I donít subscribe to anything.

RSO 02-23-2020 10:14 AM

Andy, may not help, but you could try clicking on Do Not Sell My Personal Information down at the bottom right corner of the RCU page and fill out the info.
Good luck. Let us know if you receive any feedback.

Jerry

F900 02-23-2020 01:48 PM

I was one of the very first to join on RCU when RCO went to the crapper. Selling to Internet Brands made me go elsewhere. All they are is a profit center for collecting information and selling it, the content on RCU means nothing to them.

BarracudaHockey 02-24-2020 04:55 AM

They aren't selling your email address

You can opt out by clicking unsubscribe, that won't affect forum notifications.