RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   What in the world are these people thinking?!?! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11678593-what-world-these-people-thinking.html)

patrnflyr 05-14-2020 06:23 AM

What in the world are these people thinking?!?!

If we weren’t done with the FAA with the NPRM, I guarantee you we will be now. The idiot even put this on Facebook for a little while but i guess the marijuana wore off a little and he realized he’ll be going to prison so he took it down. Make sure to watch it to the end. You’ll see the drone prop blades in the corner of the picture. Luckily, some people screenshot it and they’ll track him down. How stupid can people be?!?

Edgar Perez 05-14-2020 06:59 AM

Hope they throw his ass on jail...

LGM Graphix 05-14-2020 07:38 AM

I've said it for years, quadcopters will end this hobby. The FAA should make them illegal...

sysiek 05-14-2020 07:59 AM

why the world is full of imbeciles and why they selling those drones for private use they should be illegal long time and for private use specially for non ama members who should have waver like us for jets and than you go to store or amazon send them your waver number wait like one week and than have your registered drone to use just like buying a gun

Giant Flyer 05-14-2020 08:33 AM

Well boys......I have to say after seeing this we are DONE!!!!!!!
Final chapter
Dead bang
Game over
Shut it down
Get ready.......this is the one that is going down in history as the final straw
This makes me SICK

Giant

causeitflies 05-14-2020 08:44 AM

Idiots like this are why the government overreaches.

BarracudaHockey 05-14-2020 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Flyer (Post 12604251)
Final chapter
Dead bang
Game over
Shut it down
Get ready.......this is the one that is going down in history as the final straw
This makes me SICK

Giant

A guy ran into an H-60 in New York, during a TFR, flying beyond line of sight, and damaged the blade on the helicopter.

Yet we aren't done.

That would be like closing all bars because one person drives drunk and causes a wreck

patrnflyr 05-14-2020 12:10 PM

I hope you're right Andy. I put this in this forum because it was sort of jet related. Feel free to move if you need to.

gunradd 05-14-2020 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12604303)
A guy ran into an H-60 in New York, during a TFR, flying beyond line of sight, and damaged the blade on the helicopter.

Yet we aren't done.

That would be like closing all bars because one person drives drunk and causes a wreck

problem with that analogy is many don’t fly RC planes so they have no problem banning us.

That being said this could have been so bad. The pilot is not even looking forward when flying in formation like that he’s looking at the plane next to him. Could have hit the drone easy taken one or 2 planes down in a crowded neighborhood... people are so dumb.

luv2flyrc 05-14-2020 12:47 PM

Seeing this really pisses me off. These ridiculous drones and the idiots that fly them have NOTHING to do with our hobby. Why should we be held accountable for them!!!!

BarracudaHockey 05-14-2020 01:00 PM

The best case is for them to track this guy down and fine the ever loving snot out of him.

Then make a press release.

AngusMc 05-14-2020 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc (Post 12604321)
Seeing this really pisses me off. These ridiculous drones and the idiots that fly them have NOTHING to do with our hobby. Why should we be held accountable for them!!!!

100% agree, started watching it and first thought was what an idiot, last 20sec OMG heart racing, there are no words to express how stupid someone can actually be. Hope they find him or we all pay ( probably going to regarless.)

AM

Chris Nicastro 05-14-2020 07:26 PM

What do you say to that... I read your posts before I watched the video and thought could it be that bad? NO!! ITS WORSE!!!!!!!

Yeah great video shot but thanks to this moron the FAA has more ammo to ruin our hobby.

Thanks buddy, mean it...

I wish I had the tools and resources to catch these guys and turn them in. I wonder if the video can provide his location based on the surrounding buildings. I’m sure somebody knows exactly where that is. It wouldn’t be hard to stake out the block and watch for a drone user carrying gear or loading a car or even fly it outside. If he feels comfortable enough to get on the roof he must live there. No people in the video on the roof with the guy.
I want to CSI the heck out of that video!!

BarracudaHockey 05-15-2020 02:47 AM

They know who he is, he had a Photography page on Facebook, that he de-activated when the crap storm started

Jetpilot24 05-15-2020 03:27 AM

Phone number of the guy who posted the video, Moss Photography. Funny He has an aerial photography business. He claims its not his Video.
Moss Photography Architectural and Aerial Photography

303-748-1133

sysiek 05-15-2020 06:35 AM

Please someone do example what to do with idiot like him, starting with arrest and secured all the evidence and equipment deep in the dark room

ravill 05-15-2020 06:45 AM

Unbelievable.

And this guy is a professional?

Wow. Beyond dangerous. Take down an F-18C in a populated urban area? That should be treated like a direct attack on the Navy.

I say put him on the flight deck of the nearest carrier after telling all those boys that this guy directly attacked all of them and their families.

Then film it.

That would be just about square.

F900 05-15-2020 07:17 AM

OP needs to be clear... the guy who uploaded the video is just a re poster not the idiot who owns and flew the drone.

F900 05-15-2020 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Flyer (Post 12604251)
Final chapter
Dead bang
Game over
Shut it down
This makes me SICK

Giant

No its not calm down LOL

causeitflies 05-15-2020 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jetpilot24 (Post 12604462)
Phone number of the guy who posted the video, Moss Photography. Funny He has an aerial photography business. He claims its not his Video.
Moss Photography Architectural and Aerial Photography

303-748-1133

It is not his video or drone. He posted it to expose the pilot. So please don't call this number.

Jetpilot24 05-15-2020 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by causeitflies (Post 12604550)
It is not his video or drone. He posted it to expose the pilot. So please don't call this number.

According to you tube in this guys comments, He knows the guy who shot the video. So call the number and tell him to turn the other idiot in

Afterburners 05-15-2020 06:19 PM

The idiot watermarked his video. The internet is forever.

BarracudaHockey 05-16-2020 07:28 AM

We all like to take credit for our work

Afterburners 05-16-2020 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12604757)
We all like to take credit for our work

Yep. It just shows how truly ignorant and oblivious people are when they do something this reckless. Unfortunately we are going to have to pay the price for their stupidity.

Jetset 05-16-2020 04:43 PM

WOW...prison time immediately for this BS!