RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Mid Atlantic Jet Rally (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/1602554-mid-atlantic-jet-rally.html)

airega1 03-08-2004 09:37 AM

Mid Atlantic Jet Rally

The Mid Atlantic Jet Rally Has been sanctioned this year and will be held on the 29th & 30th of May. I am right now in the process of attaining permission to use Fentress NALF. This is something that needs to be done every year. The hosting club is Tidewater Radio Control. There will be a 20.00 registration. Prizes will be trophies from TRC, which include, Pilot's choice, Best military scale, Best finish, Sport jet and Top Performance. JPO will also give their Top Gun award. RV's are welcomed to stay overnight but no hookups. There will be a large fenced off pit area at the edge of the runway. All aircraft can remain in this area throughout the day. This area also will be used for ANY AND ALL runups turbine or DF, there will be no runups permitted outside this assigned pit area. The NAVY will have their concession stand and all the goodies. Watch your driving speed, it's 15 MPH Base Police will chase you down. This is an active Miltary installation, even though Ops are shut down for the Memorial day weekend, anything is possible! Try and book motel reservations now! Any Inquiries should be made to,
Frank A Rega
(757) 479-4905
[email protected]

FL Phathom 03-08-2004 12:54 PM

RE: Mid Atlantic Jet Rally

Hey Frank, we'll be there also, can't wait to fly off that smooth runway. Is Steve going to be there? I hear he has all the jets, from reading his past posts. Me and the guys want to check him out, should be a blast. I heard he has a pristine F-18 too. I'll be seeing you.

Felix

Steve S 03-08-2004 01:26 PM

FL Dude,

Sent you a PM !!![:@] You trying to **** me off?

airega1 03-08-2004 01:57 PM

Steve, he really didn't say anything that should have P***ed you off, but put him on the pay me no mind list, he's probably just some spammer. you're above that.

Frank

Steve S 03-08-2004 02:35 PM

Frank

I PM'ed him ,all is water under the bridge now.On the flipside Frank the only reason this struck a nerve with me this time is cause this guy has been a menace on RCU thus far in every way since he first signed on in Feb.

Anyways that is all done with now.Back to your post & the positive topic at hand-Mid Atlantic Jet Rally..Make it another great one this year Frank!! Cant wait ..Always a blast as usual :DSee you this weekend at the field [8D]

Steve

lov2flyrc 03-08-2004 02:59 PM

Hey Frank,

The wife and I hope to make it again this year. Looking forward to the great hospitality and fantastic flying site you guys provide.

Looking forward to sseeing you again soon ;)
BRG,
Todd

f106jax 03-08-2004 07:15 PM

Frank,

The motel reservations have been made and I'm looking forward to coming back to Fentress.

cyclejerk 03-08-2004 10:40 PM

Silly, newbie question, Where exactly is the Mid Atlantic Jet Rally? (Near VA Beach I prosume) I cant find the air base on the net?

Oosiksmith 03-08-2004 11:29 PM

Check out the instructions to get to the site here:

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.co...irections.html

Or just go to mapquest.com and type in fentress and enter VA for the state.

tiggerinmk 05-15-2004 08:49 PM

It's been pretty quiet in here for a while; as the date is now quite close, are there any more details to be revealed?

I'm not a jet flyer but would be interested in bringing my family to watch the flying. Is a spectator friendly event or geared towards jet flyers only?

George 05-16-2004 07:26 AM

Tiggerinva, it is very spectator friendly. Spectators are very close to the action with no visual obstructions directly behind the start-up area. The Navy has gril going both Sat & Sun. along with drinks. The pilots are parked perpendicular to the pit and flight line giving easy access to see aircraft and talk to the pilots. I would advise you bring chairs. There are a FEW picnic tables, but if you need to sit, it can be scarce.

Pack up the family and come join us. It's a very friendly rally and awesome flying site.

Hope to see you there,
George

Oosiksmith 05-16-2004 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't go last year because I was in Alaska, but two years ago was a lot of fun.......

Oosiksmith 05-16-2004 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More...

Oosiksmith 05-16-2004 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even more...

Oosiksmith 05-16-2004 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As you can see, Fentress is a heck of site with a runway that can handle full-scale USN fighters. There were many more jets than this; unfortunately, many of them augered or had bad landings and were put away before I had a chance to get a picture. I had a lot of fun, just bring sun block.

Carols Love 05-17-2004 09:31 AM

HI! Frank boys from BROOKLYN & ISLAND are going to be there in full force Think we have a couple of new flyer this year. See you soon .

George

airega1 05-17-2004 04:45 PM

Hey Oosik thank you for all those beautiful photos, George, glad to hear all you guys are coming, see you soon

Frank

Steve S 05-19-2004 07:12 AM

George

PLease dont forget to bring the Ultra Viper paint & manual when you come...I misplaced your number so I couldn't call you ,figured you would see it here..See you guys in just over a week!! Cant wait ,it'll be a blast as always

Steve

Eddie Lozano 05-19-2004 03:10 PM

All Hotels are full . Q: can i pitch a tent ????. Is the gate locked after the event at night.

BRG,
Eddie Lozano

airega1 05-19-2004 08:56 PM

Eddie, you can pitch a tent, but the gates are not locked at night. I don't think theres cause for concern at night.

Frank

FireBee 05-20-2004 03:41 PM

Frank, I'll be there.... with new paint still drying on the Iron Bay/Byron F-15.
Started painting base gray last night. will do rest over next 10 days.

Weekend should be a blast. look forward to see all the great people/flying.
Fly Sat and go to RUSH concert. Mom and Kids at Baseball tourney.
Fly Sunday.

Mike Purcell

airega1 05-20-2004 03:45 PM

OK Mike I'll see you there

Frank

lov2flyrc 05-20-2004 03:52 PM

Looking forward to seeing you soon Frank!
BRG,
Todd

airega1 05-20-2004 03:55 PM

Great Todd, Glad to hear you're coming

Ron Stahl 05-20-2004 05:15 PM

The MD boys are coming again with 6 or so guys and plenty of New jets and engines, My buddy Jim is bringing a few kits to sell as well.