RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   NEW Mig 29, feedback please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/2647416-new-mig-29-feedback-please.html)

pepper-RCU 02-11-2005 06:13 PM

NEW Mig 29, feedback please

1 Attachment(s)
hello guys,

what do you think about the new mig??

Blade47 02-11-2005 06:34 PM

RE: NEW Mig 29, feedback please

1 Attachment(s)
Ooh my that is cool ...I like the paint job :D ...here is mine . AK Models kit with a Evolution 1.00NX swinging a MAS 14x6 ...Hmmm I think yours will go a bit faster then mine.

mr_matt 02-11-2005 06:48 PM

I think he used the right turbines

SAP_2000 02-11-2005 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: pepper-RCU

hello guys,

what do you think about the new mig??
Nice, but what is that soda bottle doing between the inlets on the underside of the plane...[sm=confused.gif]
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfi...48/Xc79345.jpg

pepper-RCU 02-11-2005 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
not really sure about the bottle:D

some friends of mine are makeing these kits in the Ukraine and are thinking of selling them here in the US.. i have some more layout pics of the jet.

Katchmarek 02-11-2005 07:52 PM

PepperRCU, Very nice! Ah, someone else with a "Russian" Connection! I have friends/relatives in Russia and we are looking into asimilar venture...not jets though...strictly WWII birds. I would be very interested in any information as to produceing/importing that you may be willing to share.
But that is one very nice Mig, I'm impressed with it's size and the quality looks to be very good too!
Best of luck with her,
Rob / Pickupsticks

ShaneUSMC 02-11-2005 08:01 PM

PepperRCU,
Could the bottle be an overflow of some sort?[sm=confused.gif]
Looks pretty good. I would like to have one but alas, it requires two turbines. [:o] Can only afford one. [&:]

Damn those Russians and their cool looking planes. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Crazy4Flight 02-11-2005 08:46 PM

"not really sure about the bottle "

additional fuel...plans called for a 1.8L and 2x .5L internal tanks.
not a lot if you were to install 2 Jetcat P-120

and he will need to install a firewall between the two turbines

pepper-RCU 02-11-2005 09:40 PM

to be honest, i am a RC heli pilot. i use to be a Century heli rep, got out of the hobby for a bit.

i guess i need to find out what is up with the bottle. i have no clue about turbines, unless it is going in a heli.

thanks alot for all the imput!!!!! keep them comeing!!!

Miniflyer 02-12-2005 06:06 AM

Any specs on the MiG size and pricing?
Regards

Falcon29 02-12-2005 08:31 AM

I haven't done much work on mine yet but have to say it is of very high quality and detail.The interior could use a little refinement as it does not have inlet ducting or bypass,but I guess that's ones preference.I have been working on some foam plugs for conformal fuel cells that come out too 75 oz. each with a total of 150 oz.(4.5 liters)and plan on using two P-70's.The Mig is 1/7 scale and measures in at 92" length(2325 mm) and a span of 64"(1622 mm)
Regards,
Roman

pepper-RCU 02-12-2005 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
we are looking at around 3000 USD. that is not a set price, may go up or down?? how does that sound??

Miniflyer 02-12-2005 11:12 AM

Sounds like a real alternative to the FC bird :). Even though that is impossible to top....but just way to expensive for everyday modelers. For somewhere around 3000 for all that stuff you'll still be high in price, but from what i see it is definetly worth it.

Falcon29 02-12-2005 01:28 PM

Are the molded gear doors now available?
Roman

JohnMac 02-13-2005 05:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Falcon29

Are the molded gear doors now available?
Roman
Falcon you took the words out of my mouth.
Pepper, is their an undercarriage system available too? The pictures show legs. To put you in the picture I have one of these kits. I got the wheels but just wire legs and no retracts or wheel doors. The wheels are very, very heavy and I intend to replace them. I think they were machined from dwarf star material!
On the Ukrainian website it showed some optional extras such as missiles and rails etc, but the other thing this kit really lack is any ducting. Any chance of your friends developing some?
One thing I can say is that whuilst there is still quite a bit left to do, and lots to work out on my example, the quality is as good as I have seen.
What Jetcats are you using in yours? I am planning on building mine after finishing my F-86, which will have the Wren Supersport. If this engine performs as well as the pre production examples I will buy another and switch both to the MIG.
Regards,

John.

pepper-RCU 02-13-2005 07:52 PM

Falcon, John,

i think so,??

the pic with the bottle was an older model. i will see if they have some newer pics..

pepper

Alpenglider 02-14-2005 04:46 AM

Hi Pepper !

Anyone selling these kits here in Europe ?
Can you send me some more pics of the plane and the gear ?
How about availability ?

Thanks in advance !

Tom

specialFX 02-14-2005 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

...machined from dwarf star material!
ROFL! Never heard that before:D:D ...almost spitted my coffee onto the screen!

:DThomas:D

shonny 02-15-2005 12:00 AM

Has this model got anything to do with [link=http://www.airplane-model.com/MIG-29-new.htm]MiG 29 ukraine[/link] ?

pepper-RCU 02-15-2005 10:55 PM

Shonny,
it's the same one but very old pics by a few years..

pepper

shonny 02-15-2005 11:04 PM

Glem brusflaska, Ståle, and tell me where on Stabekk you live!

First time this model was presented they wanted $1200 for it. Now $3000?! Inflation alright.

pepper-RCU 02-16-2005 05:16 AM

quality has it's price:D, although i did day that the price was not a set price..

Jack Holland 02-17-2005 10:55 AM

"Machined from Dwarf star material"...Oh my god that is hilarious!!!!! I'm gonna shelve that one with "flies like a lead turd"

Wiping up the coffee eruption,
Jack
[&:] Gasping for air still!!

jacksonretlaw-RCU 02-22-2005 03:35 PM

I was interested in this kit.But it seems there is to many hands in the pot.Less than a year ago.Kit went for $1200.00.Now I hear $1800.00.That is some inflation.Now you are talking $3000.00.Maybe I am lost.But I believe most of us are in this hobby to have fun
and meet new people who share the same interest as we do.I believe for the most part ,the majority feels this way.I believe this part of my life should be stress free.Most of us want to share our hobby wiyh others.I have met a lot of great people doing this.I am not the riches or smartest guy on the block.But I do know when people are getting taken.Every one has there own opinion.But I call it like I see it.As it is.The jet community is looked down upon as prima donas.I know this is not true.But some one reading this from the info I am posting will not think different.If I offened any one.I appologize now.Lets make this more affordable for the average guy.

rhklenke 02-22-2005 04:25 PM

You want a twin engine-capable, reasonably detailed, reasonable quality scale model of a Mig-29 that is 92" long for $1800? Have you checked the price of the new Tamjets/BVM F-18 yet?