RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   How Many 1:5.5 Scale Airworld L39 are being built in the US? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/388853-how-many-1-5-5-scale-airworld-l39-being-built-us.html)

DavidQ 11-29-2002 05:37 AM

How Many 1:5.5 Scale Airworld L39 are being built in the US?

1 Attachment(s)
How many JetCat USA 1:5.5 scale Airworld L39 are being built in the US?
Watch the video at http://www.jetcatusa.com/

Raymond Ng 12-07-2002 02:17 PM

How Many Airworld L39 are build in the US?

Hi! y2kvertte, we have 3 Airworld L39 they are now building in Hong Kong, China, both 3 model have the same problem is the wing covering material pulp out a bit from the Foam, it seems like no glue between the foam and the covering sheet.

Raymond Ng

I-NAV 12-07-2002 02:47 PM

David,
Looks like you are blazing the trail on L-39 building.
There are a bunch over here. but it's too darn cold to fly em at the moment.

DavidQ 12-07-2002 04:57 PM

1:5.5 Scale L39

Raymond Ng,
Are you building the Airworld 1:5.5 scale L 39 ? My wings are composite and hollow.
David

f106jax 12-08-2002 01:29 AM

David,

How do you find the kit quality and completness? I am considering buying one from Bob but have not seen a kit. Bob sent a very complete CD with lots of photos but it's not quite the same as holding the kit. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DavidQ 12-08-2002 10:37 PM

L39

Mike,
Check your email
David

GerhardH 12-09-2002 12:49 AM

Airworld L-139

I don't know how the planes hold up in the US, but quite a few Airworld kits have been known to fall apart in midair here. Especially the molded wings and stabs has had a tendency to disintegrate in flight. Could be the builders, but it has happened to a number of planes, both jets and props here in Germany. Again, I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying Airworld kits, but at least check the seams and maybe strengthen them in the building process

Gerhard

tamjets 12-09-2002 05:28 AM

The one I'm working are almost ready to paint. I did couple modifcations.I got the engine hatch on top not from the bottom, making extra rear access hatch for getting to the tight sport, making easy set up for speed brake hinges. Got full operational gear doors. Full scale cockpit and landing light. Smoke system onboard.
I'm taking alot pictures for Wilcox to updating his CD roms. Check with Wilcox few weeks later. He should have the CD updated.
As for workmanship on this kit.
I give thump up.

This finish model will display at IMS show.
I'll post some photos after it finish.
Brg,
Tam
www.tamjets.com

BrianH 12-10-2002 04:20 PM

Albatros

There where some rumors about two of these big jets biting the dust on the same day out in Calif. due to structural failiures. Jason Somes flying one of them. Anyone with more info?

tamjets 12-10-2002 05:54 PM

Re: Albatros

Originally posted by BrianH
There where some rumors about two of these big jets biting the dust on the same day out in Calif. due to structural failiures. Jason Somes flying one of them. Anyone with more info?
That was not correct.
Jason crash his due to short circut his wiring. We inspect the crash. All his servo extension are melt.
Rob crash his due to servo failer on his stab. He has no elevator control.
Hope this clear the rumor.
Brg,
Tam

shesha 11-20-2006 05:47 PM

RE: Re: Albatros

I believe sfaust an Ex L-39 builder here on RCU lost his to rear tail structure failure. I am interested to know what the failure is related to exactly, as I have one to build, am guessing the seems are most likely the reason, or it could be related to the composition of the material used, anyone care to advise on this issue.

shesha 11-21-2006 07:44 PM

RE: Re: Albatros

Here is an update from airworld usa, who were kind enough to email me back with an update on the subject.

"There have been some failures of the 1/5 scale L-39. These failures were due to using the wrong materials for the stab spars and the use of plastic gear servos. If you have the black carbon fiber spars on your horizontal stab and metal gear servos on the elevators, you will have no problems.

Regards,
Jason Somes
Airworld USA"

Cheers :)

sfaust 11-20-2017 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by shesha (Post 5019827)
I believe sfaust an Ex L-39 builder here on RCU lost his to rear tail structure failure. I am interested to know what the failure is related to exactly, as I have one to build, am guessing the seems are most likely the reason, or it could be related to the composition of the material used, anyone care to advise on this issue.

Very old thread, but just in case someone reads it, I never experienced a tail structure failure or lost the aircraft. Mine was sold to a buyer in CA a number of years back. Remove one from the tail structure failure column for accuracy :)