RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   2007 jet event question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5375536-2007-jet-event-question.html)

Bucshot 02-05-2007 05:43 PM

2007 jet event question

If you had to pick only one North American jet event to attend this year, and your choice isn't location dependent, but rather content dependent, which event would you attend? In other words, of all the shows, which is the best?!

Randy M. 02-05-2007 06:45 PM

RE: 2007 jet event question

Well, once upon a time I would have said Superman. But things have changed now. I think one of the premier events is gong to be Kentucky Jets in Lebanon/ Springfield, KY.
Florida Jets is a major one, but I have never been. I've heard great things about it.

JetflyerJ 02-05-2007 07:10 PM

Waycross AKA JETS OVER THE SWAMP.

There's a new CD this year so I'm not sure if it'll still be the best show in the US.

uncljoe 02-05-2007 07:12 PM

Bucshot... Thats a hard question, so many good ones so little time, Been to a few around the country,so my choice would be
California Jets in Bakersfield Ca. ....
Semper Fi
Joe

ghost_rider 02-05-2007 07:54 PM

I would say Jets Over The Heartland (the mother of all jet events)

Patrick Frost 02-05-2007 09:37 PM

I would have to agree with Big Daddy Ben here and say "Jets over the Heartland" at Winamac. I attend approximately 8-10 events per year and see alot here in the Midwest and some in the Southeast. Havent seen any yet on the West Coast or North East yet. Kentucky Jets promises to be another Good one to attend every year.

RBardin 02-05-2007 10:09 PM

Best event for flying:
I'm with J... Swamp Jets all the way!! :D

Allen Smith has done a great job for a long time, but I'm sure all the guys with the Okeefenokee R/C club will continue to make this one great event - low key, fly all day long with no interruptions. FIJR, Pensacola and Bluegrass come to mind as close seconds...

Best to "See and Be Seen":
Florida Jets - bar none. (wish I could make it this year :()

Ones I've yet to make (but would like to) are Liberty Bell, Kentucky Jets and although I've been to Heart of Ohio twice I didn't get to fly either time, so I'd like to try HoH one more time.

But they're "All Good"!! Just pick one and GO! :D

uncljoe 02-05-2007 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: RBardin

But they're "All Good"!! Just pick one and GO! :D
Says It All !

Semper Fi
Joe

Steve Collins 02-06-2007 09:40 AM

Here is another vote for Kentucky Jets! It is a new one but it is really nice. Unlimited flying time. A great place to be. You will not be sorry you attended this one. Full size airport.