RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Bob Parkinson Jets Rip-Off (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/6387723-bob-parkinson-jets-rip-off.html)

JohnFH 09-19-2007 09:14 AM

Bob Parkinson Jets Rip-Off

Placed a $750 order on Aug 6th. with Bob Parkinson @www.rcjets.com 1-705 727 1340
As of today Sept 19, I have nothing, no order, no shipping or tracking information and when I contacted Bob about providing tracking info or canceling my order I get this reply on 9/11 after several emails asking for shipping info or a refund.

"I do not hae any more time to spend on this."

wow a customer spends $750, almost 6 weeks later no product or tracking information and he doesn't have time to spend on this.

Thanks Bob

I have reported this to PayPal and they are trying to help, Bob has decided to not respond to the Paypal claim, so he doesn't have a defense for his actions at this time.

Anyone in Canada have an address for this business?

meps 09-19-2007 10:00 AM

RE: Bob Parkinson Jets Rip-Off

I thought Bob Parkinson Models was located in Florida now. I've hesard in the past that his service isn't worth a hoot and he'll take your money.

Mike Emilio 09-19-2007 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnFH

Anyone in Canada have an address for this business?

Believe me, I know what it feels like to be ignored or brushed off, shortly after sending out your money. Been there with Kerry Sterner.

Parkinson, R
34 Johnson
Barrie, ON L4M 6C4
(705) 727-1340

It's about an hour drive north of Toronto.

JohnFH 09-19-2007 10:13 AM

Thanks for the info, best thing we can do as consumers, is to cover each other and put this kind out of business.

juaffy 09-19-2007 11:19 AM

Try to stay away from rcjetmodels.com , not a very good support either.

He'll send you wrong stuffs and doesnt give you refund on items he missed sending. What a guy."W_ _ _ _r".

Be very carefull. If some are successful, you're just lucky.

rcjetmodels 09-19-2007 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: juaffy

He'll send you wrong stuffs and doesnt give you refund on items he missed sending. What a guy."W_ _ _ _r".

Hi Franklyn,

Truth must to be told and you have a reason for that, I just forgot to refund you $ 14.00 for an air valve, I"m Fei Bao dealer for North Central and South America and have sold 2 full containers and going to the 3rd on october I have attended several events in USA including Canada, I'm going to Brazil to an event next week and China in October 16th to QC the container, this is the 4th time in China this year, this requires too much time and I just forgot, I hope you can accept my apology and I'll send you Western Union tomorrow.

regards,

Wagner

JohnFH 09-20-2007 07:18 AM

And it gets better, now Bob has provided a false tracking # to Paypal to avoid repayment.

Edgar Perez 09-20-2007 01:39 PM

I guess there are a lot of lucky buyers out there. My experience with Wagner have been great and matches the comments of others here.
Regards,
Edgar

rcjetmodels 09-20-2007 04:18 PM

Hi Franklyn,

Just sent you an email with the Western Union money transfer, and sorry about the inconvenience.

regards,

Wagner

scaleMan 09-20-2007 06:26 PM

guess im lucky too.... Wagner came thru with flying colors on my jet order...

DelGatoGrande 09-20-2007 11:31 PM

well when ohio modell products carged me 200usd and no product arived here on rcu never let me go in publick erasing all my posts.[:o][:o]
i wish u better luck[:o]

SinCityJets 09-21-2007 12:13 AM

I have had multiple dealings with Wagner, and I have never had had anything but great service. If I didn't get great service from him, I wouldn't sell his products at my store!

PowerBoxDanny 09-21-2007 10:23 AM

I am a local builder in South Florida and I have to say that this is definately not usual as I have dealt with Wagner many times as have many of my customers. Wagner is a straight up guy. I have seen him go as far as to drive 1 hour to deliver a part in his own car to satisfy his customer. Ive purchased products from many dealers in the RC jet industry and I have to say that Wagner is one of thee best people I have had the pleasure of doing business with. This is an isolated incident I am sure of and I am also sure that he will make it right.

P.S. Who is Bob??

SkunkWerkz Jets
Danny

Mike Emilio 09-21-2007 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: SkunkWerkz

P.S. Who is Bob??

SkunkWerkz Jets
Danny
The topic of this thread is relating to problems with Bob Parkinson.

http://www.rcjets.com/

ianober 09-21-2007 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike Emilio

ORIGINAL: SkunkWerkz

P.S. Who is Bob??

SkunkWerkz Jets
Danny
The topic of this thread is relating to problems with Bob Parkinson.

http://www.rcjets.com/

Thank you, forget RCJetModels, lets get back to the topic at hand!!!

DelGatoGrande 09-22-2007 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnFH

Thanks for the info, best thing we can do as consumers, is to cover each other and put this kind out of business.

i dont think rcu will let us.already delete allposts

JohnFH 10-08-2007 09:18 AM

UPDATE, this is now in the hands of law enforcment, and Bob Parkinson and Dave Irons (general manager so I'm told) Will not answer phone calls or return emails. They have refused to provide any valid tracking information. 8 weeks later, and I still have nothing but excuses and lies.
I hope my experience helps keep others from this rip off artist.

marm 10-09-2007 04:34 AM

I had to hound him once for a year to get a F-18 kir from him, and 3even then never got retracts i paid for,but was happy to have just got the kit. too bad cause regal eagle is a great cheap beginner, but good luck getting plans. Would love to have a set around

Barry

Bucshot 10-25-2007 12:48 PM

I've been hounding him since February for a starter probe I ordered. Don't ever order anything from his website and pay with Paypal. He'll make excuses until the time runs out to file a claim with Paypal. He's got my money and I'm still waiting. I make sure I send a nice reminder email at least once a month. It's too bad because at times Bob can be a really nice guy. He sent me a very nice email after reading my build thread on his F-18. I don't understand how he can take money from people and not ship what they ordered. I wonder how he sleeps at night.

B

Dig it 10-25-2007 01:24 PM

Ya, I've felt the Parkinson sting as well. Ordered new plastic and ducting for an eagle and never did get it. been a year or so.

Dale

pecojets 11-01-2007 08:21 PM

SAME HAPPENS TO ME WITH A SET OF PLANS !!! NEVER RECEIVED !!!!

I JUST CHECK HIS WEB SITE , AND HE DISCONTINUED ALL KITS , HE ONLY WILL PRODUCE JUST THE REGAL EAGLE, AND NOT LONGER SELLS DIRECT ; MAYBE NOW HE CAN GIVE BETTER SERVICE
I HOPE SOME GOOD HOBBY SHOP HANDLES THE REGAL EAGLES NAD PARTS ;

PECOJETS

SPLIT S 11-02-2007 03:16 PM

I don't know why a hobby shop would want to step into the position of middle man with all that has gone on in the past.

Boomerang1 11-02-2007 03:32 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the Regal Eagle plan? From what I hear it's a good thing. I know a good kit cutter! ;) ;) - John.

Mike Emilio 11-02-2007 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL:
. . . I JUST CHECK HIS WEB SITE , AND HE DISCONTINUED ALL KITS , HE ONLY WILL PRODUCE JUST THE REGAL EAGLE, AND NOT LONGER SELLS DIRECT ; MAYBE NOW HE CAN GIVE BETTER SERVICE
I HOPE SOME GOOD HOBBY SHOP HANDLES THE REGAL EAGLES NAD PARTS ;

PECOJETS
What a joke guys! His web site also says that you now have to go to a hobby store for his stuff.

I live 1 hour away from Bob. I have been to every major hobby store in a 200 mile radius from Toronto.
With the exception of maybe one store in Barrie (where Bob lives), NOBODY that I ever spoke to carries any of his stuff!

SPLIT S 11-02-2007 05:12 PM

Hmmmm.... I read all the time of many posters on this forum shipping all over the planet but shipping from Canada is a big deal??? Won't sell direct so there is more time for technical advice??? Discontinued all other kits to make more Eagles that can't be sold to individuals because of shipping issues so you have to go to a hobby shop that doesn't stock the kit but you can refer them to become a dealer???[:o] That may or may not receive product because it comes from from Canada??? :( But now there's more time for building advice - for the kit you can't buy - and no one stocks. Aggghhhhhh[:@][&o][:@][:@]