RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Super Bandit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/7214019-super-bandit.html)

Andrew Bird 03-12-2008 02:34 PM

Super Bandit

1 Attachment(s)
I'm nearing the end of the build on my super Bandit. It's taken many hours. I've nearly completed the paintwork, just waiting on some promark graphics, then I can top coat, reinstall everything and get on with some flying!

GreenAcre 03-12-2008 02:46 PM

RE: Super Bandit

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!

FalconWings 03-12-2008 02:56 PM

looks good, you will love it. Nothing flies like a Bandit.

sandslx 03-12-2008 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks great!

It will provide you with many non hasle flights. I have had mine for over 6 years now. Check the ballance with the gear out and the UAT full. I even filled the first tank half way to ballance it out. What did you use for your door sequencer?

Justin Sands
BVM rep

Andrew Bird 03-12-2008 03:20 PM

Just used the standard BVM valve for gear and door sequencing.

The CG question is a good one - I have a Bandit ARF and I have moved the CG well back to get neutral elevator trim and the tracking through maneuvers I want. It's actually running 2/3rds of an inch back from the factory position. I am planning on setting up on the factory CG with this one initially - but where have you guys found yours to be about right?

This is a great product - I've enjoyed the build, almost become obsessive over it at times! When it's done I might actually have to resort to making conversation with my fiancee in the evenings again (think I've forgotten how)!

ravill 03-12-2008 04:13 PM

I think its a well known fact that BVM sets up his airplanes conservatively enough to fly awsome. I'm sure my bandits could all use a further aft cg, but they fly great at the hole.

Now you will never be able to live without a bandit. :( I mourn for you! :)

Raf

ravill 03-12-2008 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: sandslx

looks great!

It will provide you with many non hasle flights. I have had mine for over 6 years now. Check the ballance with the gear out and the UAT full. I even filled the first tank half way to ballance it out. What did you use for your door sequencer?

Justin Sands
BVM rep
That is a beeeee-----uuuu---teee---ful bandit!!!:D

Raf

jason 03-12-2008 04:23 PM

Good god its a real Super Bandit and not a Barf! I had no idea there were still people on the planet who actualy built planes!:)

Nice to see you have gone along the lines of the better flying straight fin too.

The S.B is the best flying jet out there, period!

Nice!

J

Andrew Bird 03-12-2008 04:31 PM

Yup - got both fins for it and I believe best flight performance can be found with the std fin, so that's probably what I'll be mostly flying.

These things do take some building - especially when you are living in an apartment in Manhattan! Luckily I finished the build before the woman ran out of patience!

t33jetman 03-12-2008 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome my brother to the "Bandit Boyz Club", You have intered into the most holiest of all flying that there is , for "NOTHING FLIES LIKE A BANDIT!" and that's a fact Jack.

We of the Temple of the BVM , welcome you with open arms , and should you ever need any help , please feel free to call on any of the Bandit Boyz brothers for help, including letting us fly your Super Bandit for you. :D

You will not believe how easy it is to fly and even better if you have any skills , how easy it is to land this beautiful designed aircraft. It is a tribute to the talent of the Great Pope BV himself to supply this great aircraft for thls yet humble severnt .

Peace be with you in the name of the BV

Monk

Andrew Bird 05-19-2008 09:18 AM

I finally maidened my SB this weekend. I decided to put promark panel lines and decals on which ended up taking a long time to do right (coupled with me being busy and not having much time on it).
It flew awesome and performance envelope is wide. It came in on 22lb with UAT full, although I think I need to rub it back and keep applying clear coat until I get the finish right.

Just wanted to mention that (even though I'm currently living in the US) I kept sending a barrage of questions on anything and everything to do with the build to my UK BVM supplier, Dave at Motors and Rotors. He helped answer many many questions and stopped me being a neurotic girl about electrical and power choices!

Andrew

ravill 05-19-2008 11:12 AM

Congrats. We told you that the Bandit would treat you right. ;)

Raf

bigbaggy 05-19-2008 11:15 AM

Birdman,
There are plenty of Super Bandit builders here that can help you. Its a sweet ride. Your looks great!

FalconWings 05-19-2008 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my Bandido. It is hurting right now, but daddy is fixing it up.

I'm doing a mod to the front of the canopy to eliminate the sloppy canopy hook design. I'm also covnerting from P-80 to P-120 most likely. Need more mojo!!!

Unfortuantely, I broke the right stab and I've been waiting for one for ever. :eek:

It is BARF, but I've probably spent more time on it as if it was a kit version.

LOVE IT.

David

Dave Wilshere 05-19-2008 01:41 PM

Birdy

You can ask them! It was a pleasure passing on my numerous Bandit's Knowledge, told you it would still be nose heavy even with Thunderpower Li-Po's powering everything...Just like to say-dedication, buying TP cells from the UK...like shipping Fosters back to the Aussies!

Has the fire brigade been warned in the "park"?

Dave Wilshere

vinnyjet 05-19-2008 01:59 PM

has the fire brigade been warned
dave you and andrew talk i see
vinny

Dave Wilshere 05-19-2008 02:40 PM

Vinny

Oh yes...I wait for the emails so I can split my sides before the day starts!

Dave W

Andrew Bird 05-19-2008 03:37 PM

FalconWings - get that bad boy back in the air, I recently sold my BARF but it was awesome while I had it!

Dave - free advice, I guess it's the sarchasm that always costs me! You're right on the packs though. I'm carrying 3 x TP 2100 lipo's for all systems and after the test flights two are mounted at the rear of the turbine bay and one next to the main tank - which probably needs to move back too.
My Barf was the same - and needed 6oz of lead in the tail.

Erik R 05-19-2008 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
My Super Bandit is the best airplane I have ever owned,bar none.Here is a pic with my A-4.You will love it.Good luck.

Erik

ntyhobbies 05-20-2008 08:36 AM

Beautiful bird! Enjoy..............

;)