RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Dual FUT 6014FS Receivers w/PowerBox Royal - Placement/Orientation (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/7559057-dual-fut-6014fs-receivers-w-powerbox-royal-placement-orientation.html)

BalsaBob 05-30-2008 08:30 AM

Dual FUT 6014FS Receivers w/PowerBox Royal - Placement/Orientation

I will be using two (2) 6014FS Receivers with a PowerBox Royal that has the RRS (Redundant Receiver System) capability. Is there a minimum distance that these two receivers need to be from each other ? Also, is it best to set them up so that all four antennas are on a different orientation/axis ? (of course keeping the pair from each reciever 90 degrees to each other). Any other precautions I should take regarding the placement of the receivers ? antennas ? Thanks. Bob

Meesh 05-30-2008 09:23 AM

RE: Dual FUT 6014FS Receivers w/PowerBox Royal - Placement/Orientation

Hey Bob!

What are you building??????

Will I see you in Gardner?

Bob Michaud

BalsaBob 05-30-2008 10:34 AM

Hi Bob, Finishing up a TriStar/L1011 (by PCM) ..... plenty of room inside. Yes, I will be at Gardner .... hope to have it ready. Bob

Meesh 05-30-2008 10:53 AM

Bob

Sweeeeeet! Can't wait to see that!

See you soon!

Bob

GrayUK 05-30-2008 01:08 PM

Bob

You may find some usefull info [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6188151/mpage_37/key_/tm.htm]here[/link]

Paul

Jetkopter 05-30-2008 06:35 PM

Bob, I dont think you going to have much of a problem where you mount the RX's in that plane. The only thing I would reccomend is to keep it simple and neat. The L1011 is like working on a ship in a bottle once you start putting in all of the equipment. Glad to see your almost done. Bring it to Gardner and I will bring mine. Good luck with it.

Don

BalsaBob 05-30-2008 08:10 PM

Hi Don, Yes, I will certainly need your tips/advice for the first flight. I am planning to position all 4 antenna ends on different axis ...... but I cannot find any guidance that says whether or not this is the preferred way to set it up. This Royal is quite the gizmo .... many features .... and much to learn/read. See you at Gardner ..... and then Brooklyn. Bob

FILE IFR 05-30-2008 08:37 PM

Hi Bob,

Are you doing a different color/scheme than Don's airliner?

DelGatoGrande 05-31-2008 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okey

you have 4 antenas ..each pair of receiver make it 90degrees angle. after that you need to have each antena in diferend level!

before ill eat my morning aple ill show you what i mean![8D] ...toothpicks are the antenas!

cose if you have two in same level both will have same performance...remember pointing is the wiikest and side gets good signal.. at least this is my way...

remember royal can show you the performance of your receiver!

so range check will show you what you want!..when you reach the limits with your radio...change direction litle and try from this point again!0

DelGatoGrande 05-31-2008 04:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

update :D

GrayUK 05-31-2008 07:40 AM

Hard core! LOL :D:D

BalsaBob 05-31-2008 08:20 AM

George P, Thank you very much for the information and the presentation. Sort of reminded me of those science presentations we use to get (years ago) in grade school. (glad the apple did not go to waste).

Bob