RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jetronic air valve set up (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8165500-jetronic-air-valve-set-up.html)

Duncan 11-20-2008 08:23 AM

Jetronic air valve set up

Hi All

I've bought a model that has 2 electric Jetronic air valves. The one for the retracts works great, but the airbrake one doesn't. A mate said there is a way of restting it, anyone know how? something about preesing the button 5 times whilst spinning on your head or something ??? lol

we think the valve is the first one that Jetronic made, with the black plastic case

Cheers

Duncan

madmodelman 11-20-2008 08:41 AM

RE: Jetronic air valve reset

I can tell you that on the latest ones you press the button on the top as you switch the radio on, on mine it switches from normal to pulse (brake) and vice versa, Gary.

bigandy 11-20-2008 08:47 AM

The instructions for the single valves can be found here:

http://www.jet-tronics.de/m_ventil_deutsch-englisch.pdf

To delete a taught switching point, it says to press the button 5 times, then wait 2 seconds. You then have to re teach it the switching point.

Cheers
Andy

Duncan 11-20-2008 08:53 AM

cheers mate, but this one is an early version, so i think it's different to the new ones. i don't know if it's single or not yet, lol not looked closely enough. I'll have a look tonight

DocYates 11-20-2008 08:55 AM

Any ideas on the two way valve? I have one that I cannot reset, it will not open, just stays on the one side. I have not tried standing on my head, but if it will work, I might do it.

icepilot 11-20-2008 08:58 AM

Are you sure they are JetTronics valves? I have many of the old ones, but they have a grey metal case..

Duncan 11-20-2008 08:59 AM

I think so, Jason has been flying jets for years so i have ever faith in him being right

i just found an old post, which is alongs the lines of What Jason told me last night

press 5 times
press one time, wait 2 seconds
flick switch on tx
press twice

i'll try it later, but if anyone can give me a definitive answer that would be great

Cheers

D

icepilot 11-20-2008 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was just wondering whether it might be these valves from Orbit electronics - they call their
equipment Jetronic (with a single T), but are a different company making almost the same units...
They probably do not reset/program in the same way.

Tor

Duncan 11-20-2008 09:13 AM

Hi Tor

No they are different to that. I have to strip the model anyway before i fly it and in fact i think i took one of the valves out last night. I will take a pic of it tonight and post it here

cheers

Duncan

digitech 11-20-2008 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Slam_Dunc

Hi Tor

No they are different to that. I have to strip the model anyway before i fly it and in fact i think i took one of the valves out last night. I will take a pic of it tonight and post it here

cheers

Duncan

i think you still have a old one made by festo , but electronics from jettronics.

3d flip 11-20-2008 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New type valve

Duncan 11-20-2008 10:12 AM

nope not like that. It has 3 festo fittings on it, black plastic case and a button on top that might be blue

digitech 11-20-2008 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

nope not like that. It has 3 festo fittings on it, black plastic case and a botton on top that might be blue

it IS a festo valve

graupner used to sell them...
these are not sold anymore for a long time.
Magnetventil MZBH-3-0,5-QS-3-5DC Teile-Nr. 170009
send a mail to jettronics i am sure he can still help you..

Duncan 11-20-2008 11:59 AM

That looks like the puppy, i'll check when i get home. I emailed Horst @ jetronic, but he doesn't have any instructions for it and can't tell me how to set it up. Although he has offered to repair it and send it back if it needs it.

It appears that i don't need to reset it (there is no reset on this model) but i do need to programme the switching point and mode setting. so if anyone can remember how to do this ,please let me know.

cheers

Duncan

digitech 11-20-2008 12:57 PM

That looks like the puppy, i'll check when i get home. I emailed Horst @ jetronic, but he doesn't have any instructions for it and can't tell me how to set it up. Although he has offered to repair it and send it back if it needs it.

It appears that i don't need to reset it (there is no reset on this model) but i do need to programme the switching point and mode setting. so if anyone can remember how to do this ,please let me know.

cheers

Duncan

i cant remember that it had a pulse modulation on it
but i do think it had a reverse ?

btw the program button should be on the side and not on top!
the top lookalike button is a mechanical something..

Countryboy 11-20-2008 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Slam_Dunc,

I believe this may be the valve you speak of. The instructions I have are in German...so if any of our German friends would care to translate... it would be much appreciated. I thought I had the English instructions stored on my computer, but can't seem to find them.

jason 11-20-2008 05:33 PM

Duncan

if the powers of the RCU Jets forum fail you then you could always set your tranny to the settings in the valve by adjusting the sub trim & end points. I think you will see a red light come on when the thing is passing wind so to speak..

Get it flying!

Jason

Edited to say it looks like Country boy is almost there!

icepilot 11-20-2008 05:39 PM

Here you are:
Setting switch-point:
To set the in/out (switch) point the transmitter and receiver must be turned on.
Setting the OUT-point: Set the switch on your transmitter to OUT, then push the side button on the valve once, no longer than 1,5 seconds. This will set the OUT-point.
To set the IN-point, set the transmitter to IN, and push the valve side button for at least 4 seconds and release. This sets the IN-point.

To switch modes from IN/OUT to Brakes, turn off the receiver, press the valve button in and hold it in while turning on the receiver, then hold the button for at least 5 more seconds. This will switch between the 2 modes.

To set the brakes use the same procedure as setting the IN/OUT points.

The button on the top of the valve is for manual testing.

There are some problems uploading pictures, so here is a link: www.av-art.no/filer/modellfly/valve.jpg

Tor

Countryboy 11-20-2008 06:14 PM

Tor,

Thanks a million.

Slam_Dunc,

I did locate my English instructions. If you want them in full, PM with with your e-mail and I will forward them to you.

Duncan 11-20-2008 07:00 PM

Hi All

Thanks for all your help, CB they are the ones i have, i have sent you a PM. Thanks Tor for the translation also.

The hotspot has been started Jason, i'm in the lounge stripping the covering off the wings at the minute, i should have the profilm tomorrow, so by the end of the weekend the cosmetics should be done and i can start on the install

cheers

Duncan

Duncan 11-21-2008 03:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the pic, they are the same ones by the look of it, sorry for the crap photo my camera phone is kernackered

thanks again

Duncan

Countryboy 11-22-2008 05:54 AM

Duncan,

Did you receive the e-mail with attachments containing the instructions? I got a kickback that said your e-mail address that you gave me was having a persistent transient failure.

Duncan 11-22-2008 01:22 PM

Hii CB

no it didn't come through, my addy is [email protected]. I managed to get it working using the instructions that you posted and Tor translated ;)

The model is now totally stripped down and after a touch up i can now reinstall everything knowing it all works. Cheers guys

Duncan

jason 11-22-2008 02:27 PM

Hii CB

no it didn't come through, my addy is [email protected]. I managed to get it working using the instructions that you posted and Tor translated ;)

The model is now totally stripped down and after a touch up i can now reinstall everything knowing it all works. Cheers guys

Duncan

Classic Jets on the 12th December here we come!! Can't want to see the first flight nerves. Going for a pee just before its time to fly, wishing for rain to postpone the flight, hands shaking on the sticks, the look of relief after landing:):)

Jason

Duncan 11-22-2008 02:43 PM

lol cheers mate, you missed out the 40 B&H i'll probably smoke before and afterwards !!!!

Looks like i've sold my 50cc yak, so going to save for my next model :D i'm going to blame you for my new addiction !!!