RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Ali at Cali Jets...needs a PROPER welcome! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8267327-ali-cali-jets-needs-proper-welcome.html)

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 11:02 AM

Ali at Cali Jets...needs a PROPER welcome!

My very good friend Ali Machinchy from England will be attending California Jets 2009.
As you know, Ali is a fantastic demo pilot and events across Europe and the US pay for him to come bring his models and headline the show. Everything is a done deal, as far as his scheduling, and the only thing I need to do now is find planes for him to fly. I promised him that there were plenty of Cali/Az boyz with nice toys that would love to see them flown right, and would love to get some tutorial on how to fly their birds better.
Ali has carte blanche on all of my toys........shame he cant teach me anything though:D
So lets have it boyz, who's got what for Ali to fly?

seflyer 12-21-2008 11:16 AM

RE: Ali at Cali Jets...needs a PROPER welcome!

He's welcome to my 120 powered reaction 54, I know he likes these birds to. and my f-16.

Kevin

Dave Wilshere 12-21-2008 11:25 AM

:D

When will this be?

Dave W

RonLongAZ 12-21-2008 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Dave Presta

My very good friend Ali Machinchy from England will be attending California Jets 2009.
As you know, Ali is a fantastic demo pilot and events across Europe and the US pay for him to come bring his models and headline the show. Everything is a done deal, as far as his scheduling, and the only thing I need to do now is find planes for him to fly. I promised him that there were plenty of Cali/Az boyz with nice toys that would love to see them flown right, and would love to get some tutorial on how to fly their birds better.
Ali has carte blanche on all of my toys........shame he cant teach me anything though:D

I don't know if I will have anything ready Dave. The Viper might be ready and the new F-16 if you can crack the whip on Jeff:D:D:D both powered with big blocks.

Ron

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: arizonasun25

I don't know if I will have anything ready Dave. The Viper might be ready and the new F-16 if you can crack the whip on Jeff:D:D:D both powered with big blocks.

Ron
Ron, I cant imagine them NOT being done by early April?????

RonLongAZ 12-21-2008 11:41 AM

Dave I am sorry I thought we were talking about best of the west. Hell the world could come to an end by april. I am sure I will have something for Ali to fly.

Ronald R Long

David Searles 12-21-2008 11:46 AM

Dude,

I'm certain we could find something in my trailer worth flying:D.

David S

Ali 12-21-2008 11:48 AM

Wow Ron, A very nice offer. Thankyou! and Kevin.... You know the way to my heart. Hell I would walk to california to fly a 120 Reaction. Thats me sorted. i think tomorrow is the day for booking tickets!
Presta.. The only things I could possibly teach you about is a) Personal hygiene and b) Manners! You know you will always be my flying hero, and now you can build well hell, I might just have to marry you!
What dates do I need to book my flights for!
Regards Al

uncljoe 12-21-2008 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Ali

Presta.. The only things I could possibly teach you about is a) Personal hygiene and b) Manners!
Regards Al
Al
That's quite an Job you have ahead of you.:D just remember to stay UP WIND of him for sure, & Never,Never let him use your camera.

Semper Fi
joe

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 12:00 PM

I want you to fly into San Fransisco at the beginning of the week and come stay with me. Then we can drive down to the Willow together (only 3 hours). We should probably be down the evening of the 1'st, so get here a few days earlier so we can go see some sights:D:D:D:D
Sundays are travel day's so we can even get you to the airport Sunday late evening (April 5th)
I know I want to show you around California since you have never been, I just hope we make it to the show;)

Ali 12-21-2008 12:02 PM

Thanks for the reminder Joe..... [:'(] Thats my dinner ruined!
If my scarred memory serves me correctly the real trouble comes in enclosed spaces! I was hoping he had matured and mellowed with age ( He must be well into his 40's by now )

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: uncljoe
Al
That's quite an Job you have ahead of you.:D just remember to stay UP WIND of him for sure, & Never,Never let him use your camera.

Semper Fi
joe
Uncle Joe I lost 25lbs and eat a little better now, so I don't fart anymore[:@] However, I do still take pictures of my Junk with other peoples camera....and carry around a can of fart spray.

Bryce Watson 12-21-2008 12:17 PM

I want you to fly into San Fransisco at the beginning of the week and come stay with me. Then we can drive down to the Willow together (only 3 hours).
Ummm.....:D

(for the unaware, Dave really is married and has a beautiful wife and daughter) just gotta keep everything here STRAIGHT.

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Nightwalker

I want you to fly into San Fransisco at the beginning of the week and come stay with me. Then we can drive down to the Willow together (only 3 hours).
Ummm.....:D

(for the unaware, Dave really is married and has a beautiful wife and daughter) just gotta keep everything here STRAIGHT.

Thats sooooo funny B.......I didn't even think when I posted that[8D] So are you gonna come fly at California Jets this year bro? I think you need to road trip the motor home out here and bring some of your sweet rides (F-16, F-18, F-15.....and so on). We would love to have you buddy, just let me know what any of us can do to make your east coast trip easier.

quist 12-21-2008 12:28 PM

I want you to fly into San Fransisco at the beginning of the week and come stay with me. Then we can drive down to the Willow together (only 3 hours). We should probably be down the evening of the 1'st, so get here a few days earlier so we can go see some sights:D:D:D:D
Sundays are travel day's so we can even get you to the airport Sunday late evening (April 5th)
I know I want to show you around California since you have never been, I just hope we make it to the show;)
Make sure he gets all the smells from Fresno to Bakerfield.[:'(] That was quite a drive at night.

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: quist

Make sure he gets all the smells from Fresno to Bakerfield.[:'(] That was quite a drive at night.
yeah thats the plan, make sure that Valley smell is on him nice and thick before putting him back on a plane.

Gordon Mc 12-21-2008 12:46 PM

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

ORIGINAL: Ali

Presta.. The only things I could possibly teach you about is a) Personal hygiene and b) Manners!
Regards Al
Al
Also don't let him near any of your tools (unless you have done as I have, and coated the handles of some random screwdrivers etc with Flexall 454), otherwise the handles may end up smelling a bit strange. Just ask Kenny ...

Also don't touch the nose of any airplanes he has been near. They too, may have made a journey somewhere unthinkable. Just ask Sideshow Bob...

Also don't use your deoderant stick if Dave has gotten near it. The fragrance (and taste ??) may have altered subtly. Just ask Kenny's son.

Also don't go to the strip club with Dave, as his flatulence chases all of the ladies away. Just ask ... me.

Also don't get in the car with Dave if he has a large bag of dried apricots with him (unless you have an old magazine for him to sit on, or some spare 'Depends'). Just ask John Andrews about the shart.

Also don't be the first to get back in the car after any stop. Just ask anyone who has every ridden with him.

OK - I give up ... writing out the list of "don't"s is getting too tiring.

Ali - you are welcome to fly any of my stuff.

Gordon

Bryce Watson 12-21-2008 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Thats sooooo funny B.......I didn't even think when I posted that[8D] So are you gonna come fly at California Jets this year bro? I think you need to road trip the motor home out here and bring some of your sweet rides (F-16, F-18, F-15.....and so on). We would love to have you buddy, just let me know what any of us can do to make your east coast trip easier.
That's what I figured, just would'nt want anyone to get the wrong idea..........

As far as coming to CA Jets 2009.........I'll see what I can do, I've been taking a break for the past year and a have to visit all the happy people in the world because the clock is always ticking, just seems that time goes by even quicker when you're all over the place, so I kind of have to prioritize what is important and when. It definately seems like this will be the best year ever for the West Coast gang, would'nt want to miss it, so if I can be there, then I will.

For now though, gotta keep the hobby in check for a minute as I've never had any of my models this happy to see me.........

Bryce

jet time 12-21-2008 01:31 PM

OK Dave...I'll have a trailer full for him to choose from! You know my inventory...I don't think Ali will be standing around! Ali, looking forward to meeting you as well.
See you all there.

Lowell Wexler
RC Jets Direct
Skymaster/Yellow/Jet Cat dlr.

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 01:36 PM

WOW B.....Is that Baby A??? She's getting so big bro! Please consider us out here bud, we would love to have you.
Take care,
Dave

Bryce Watson 12-21-2008 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

WOW B.....Is that Baby A??? She's getting so big bro! Please consider us out here bud, we would love to have you.
Take care,
Dave
Yup, that's her. It happens fast, next thing you know they're staring you in the face.

I'll see what I can do Dave, thanks for the invite, it's always nice hanging with you guys out there.

B

ps. Take lots of pictures of your little one, because that's like the last time you'll see her that size! They grow faster than a Chia pet in a greenhouse! (how come when we were little, it always seemed like forever before we were gonna be big? then again, I guess it all did go by pretty quick.)

Dave Presta 12-21-2008 02:18 PM

I guess its been 2004 since I have seen her last? I just remember her being a little girl, now she's a young woman!! Congrats bro, she looks happy and healthy.
Hope to see you soon,
Dave

SDCrashmaster 12-21-2008 02:53 PM

Looking forward to meeting Ali. And hoping the B'man makes a return appearance for sure.
Paul
http://www.ca-jets.com/CAJ09_RCUlogo.jpg http://www.ca-jets.com/oddsnends/Int...Man_events.gif

KFalcon 12-21-2008 02:56 PM

Thats awesome news! Glad you are going to make it out Ali. I look forward to meeting you!

As for Dave growing up or learning anything about hygiene or manners... HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

BTW, I am waiting to explain to my son how Uncle Dave used a speedstick in wrong ways then he got ahold of it for when he is big and strong. ;)

KFalcon 12-21-2008 03:00 PM

Bryce,

Would love for you to make it out brother. Was nice to have you out the first year when it was 200 degrees. You might be a tad more comfortable now that it averages 70 during the show. Im sure we can find something for you to fly also. Its always an option to send some planes out here and I can store them until you get here.

Hope to see you there!