RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Final 2008 Videos now online! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/8601470-final-2008-videos-now-online.html)

JimBrown 03-21-2009 06:26 PM

Final 2008 Videos now online!

Finally!

I've just posted the last of the 2008 videos that I have. They include:

At the Maine Jet Rally:
Bob Levine's British Electric Lightning.

At the Spider-Man Jet Rally (Winamac):
Tim Reddleman flying Ralph Braun's giant Cessna Citation.
Ben Burdin's F-4 Phantom.
Chris Trump's Balsa Super Bandit.
Jim Hiller's Bobcat and T-33.

Enjoy!

Radio Control Aircraft Gallery

See you all later this year!
...jim

i3dm 03-21-2009 07:47 PM

RE: Final 2008 Videos now online!

Awesome video page ! thanks for the link.

FILE IFR 03-21-2009 08:19 PM

Nice work Jim :D

Thanks for posting!

aparchment 03-21-2009 09:00 PM

Those are great videos Jim. Thanks for posting. I am looking forward to filming the coast with you this year. Today was beautiful, and I had a great flight back from Cape Cod along the coast.

Bob really had a hairy flight on the Lightning at the event last year.

SDCrashmaster 03-21-2009 09:45 PM

Nice Jim. Enjoyed the DivX 720P offering.
Nice taxi pan at the end of the Citation flick.
Paul

hooker53 03-22-2009 08:24 AM

JIm,
Thanks for posting. Great Vids. Wide representation of our sport. Hooker53

JimBrown 03-22-2009 10:00 AM

Thanks All! You managed to eat up 20 GB of bandwidth in 12 hours. Good thing my hosting plan provides 1.5 TB of bandwidth a month. :D

Paul, after purchasing an HD camcorder last year, there was no way I was going to provide only puny little videos. ;) I don't know how they do it, but DivX really does provide high compression with high quality. MP4 is close, but not quite as small. Fortunately (for me, being budget minded) Pinnacle Studio Plus 11 (and now 12) can render directly to DivX. Using custom settings, one can play with the bitrate to find the right balance between quality and file size. In my case, that turned out to be 3000 bps for the HiDef 720p size.

Antony, you're not the only one looking forward to that. :)

Later,
...jim

Guillermo Ibanez 03-24-2009 10:08 PM

Hey Jim:
Nice videos. I just dowloaded more that ten in High Definition. I have installed the DivX and they run flawless.

Do you know how Bob Levine BAE Hawk machine gun works? It sound realistic. Is there a real powder machine gun? I can see smoke coming out of the cannon.

I would appreciate if someone tell me how to do the same with my F-16. It is awesome

Guillermo

Details 4 Scale 03-24-2009 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Guillermo Ibanez

Hey Jim:
Nice videos. I just dowloaded more that ten in High Definition. I have installed the DivX and they run flawless.

Do you know how Bob Levine BAE Hawk machine gun works? It sound realistic. Is there a real powder machine gun? I can see smoke coming out of the cannon.

I would appreciate if someone tell me how to do the same with my F-16. It is awesome

Guillermo

Guillermo,

The machine gun in Bob's Hawk is the Jet Arrow gun from the Czech republic. It shoots 22 cal blanks. The system is around 1100 Euros. I installed the one in Bob's Hawk's belly gun pod. If you go to the Details 4 Scale website, you can see the install on the Skygate Hawk pages. It's a super tight fit in the gun pod. Not sure if it would even fit the F-16.

Dan

Guillermo Ibanez 03-25-2009 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Details 4 Scale

ORIGINAL: Guillermo Ibanez

Hey Jim:

Guillermo

Guillermo,

The machine gun in Bob's Hawk is the Jet Arrow gun from the Czech republic. It shoots 22 cal blanks. The system is around 1100 Euros. I installed the one in Bob's Hawk's belly gun pod. If you go to the Details 4 Scale website, you can see the install on the Skygate Hawk pages. It's a super tight fit in the gun pod. Not sure if it would even fit the F-16.

Dan
Hi Dan:

Thanks for the info.

I have already surfed your web page. Very impressive scale accesories. I really wonder if you some time in the future, would offer scale accesories for the Skymaster F-16 1/8.

Do you have the web page where I can see the machine Jet Arrow gun?

Regards

Guillermo

hessian123 10-31-2009 01:04 PM

I've also been searching for the Jet Arrow website for sometime, without success. Can someone pass along a few hints about where to get more information regarding the Jet Arrow micro gun?

DelGatoGrande 10-31-2009 01:10 PM

thank you Jim![sm=thumbup.gif]