RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Skymaster F-16 1/8 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9212109-skymaster-f-16-1-8-a.html)

rcjetsaok 10-29-2009 10:14 AM

Skymaster F-16 1/8

Hey Guys,

I have read alot of old post on this aircraft, but i have a few unanswered questions... How does the airplane fly?? Are you owners happy with what you have?? I am wanting to buy one, but not sure what I want. Tam's model is very nice as well as the FEJ... I know a coupe of guys flying those and have problems w/ CG and "Tucking" in the turns... From what I have read and seen, Skymaster seems like a good product. Fuel capacity seems to be an issue with all of them. I have a AMT 180 (18-20) lbs I want to put in it... Any input good or bad would really be appreciated !!!!

Thanks a lot !!!,

Dan Massey
Austin,Tx.

FalconWings 10-29-2009 02:05 PM

RE: Skymaster F-16 1/8

My advice, there are many F-16's out there. Go see them personally before you make your decision. It is not hard to find one.
Pay special attention to this:
-Hardware
-Parts fit
-Wood (Airframe) quality
-Internal finish (composite layout work)
-Fuel capacity
-Required mods, good isntructions
-CUSTOMER SERVICE/PARTS AVAILABILITY

Things like external finish are secondary, as they are all pretty good.

Any pilot can answer these questions, but trust me, try as much as possible to see each kit (ARF) first. BTW, flying is not an issue, as they all fly AWESOME.
Threads here have a lot of info, but they cover too big of a time span. Companies change policies and reps. Go talk to current pilots at the field and see the airframes for yourself.

Good luck!

David

bcovish 10-29-2009 03:05 PM

David, bring yours to Waco Sunday. Dan will be there.

FalconWings 10-29-2009 03:13 PM

:D Too close of a call Bob.

When James posted about going to Waco Sunday I actully fixed the nose of mine that same night, but I still have to touch up the paint and sort out the leak on my Fuel System. It was going to be pretty doable until I was hit with a toddler Halloween party on Sat afternoon (and I'll be at work AM).

I will join you guys next time for sure!!

Dan, if you can drive to Fort Worth you can kill two birds with one stone.......(or three).......I have an SM and a JL, and Smitty and my buddy Les have a Tam's.

I heard, however, that Tam stopped making his. I hope I am in errror cause that is one hell of a nice ARF.

FalconWings 10-29-2009 03:14 PM

..oops.

rcjetsaok 10-29-2009 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

:D Too close of a call Bob.

When James posted about going to Waco Sunday I actully fixed the nose of mine that same night, but I still have to touch up the paint and sort out the leak on my Fuel System. It was going to be pretty doable until I was hit with a toddler Halloween party on Sat afternoon (and I'll be at work AM).

I will join you guys next time for sure!!

Dan, if you can drive to Fort Worth you can kill two birds with one stone.......(or three).......I have an SM and a JL, and Smitty and my buddy Les have a Tam's.

I heard, however, that Tam stopped making his. I hope I am in errror cause that is one hell of a nice ARF.
David,

I'll be up your way the week of thanksgiving... maybe we can get togeather then...
Let me know if that might work for you, If not I'm sure we'll see each other soon.

Thanks for the response to the thread !!!
See ya soon !!

Danno

FalconWings 10-29-2009 03:51 PM

Yes sir I'll be in town more than likely: 817-917-6200 at your service.