RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Tomahawk Futura (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9363228-tomahawk-futura.html)

JPZ 12-27-2009 10:02 AM

Tomahawk Futura

1 Attachment(s)
Dear all

I think this is one of the best jets for aerobatic

JPZ

schroedm 12-27-2009 10:36 AM

RE: Tomahawk Futura

JP,

Coool! We like the same toys :DMine turns up this week!

Looks great doesn't it!

Cheers,
Mark

Jim Cattanach 12-27-2009 11:24 AM

Looks quite basic. Lots of work ahead. I hate the look of the finished model, especially with the striped finish, but I like the flight characteristics. The right paint scheme would do wonders for its looks.

Couch Potato 12-27-2009 12:03 PM

JPZ, It doesn't look too bad in white gel coat.

Look forward to seeing yours Mark 2010 season.

Enjoy ! [8D]

rcjets_63 12-27-2009 01:06 PM

Looks good, what turbine are you going to use?

Jim

LGM Graphix 12-27-2009 01:23 PM

This was a jet that I thought was the ugliest thing going when I first saw it, but the more I look at it, and more importantly think about how it flies, the more I'd like to have one, they're just really expensive!!!
I definitely want to paint one sometime though, There's gotta be something really cool you can do to it!

schroedm 12-27-2009 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

This was a jet that I thought was the ugliest thing going when I first saw it, but the more I look at it, and more importantly think about how it flies, the more I'd like to have one, they're just really expensive!!!
I definitely want to paint one sometime though, There's gotta be something really cool you can do to it!
LOL - this is how it gets you. I was nearly sick on it when I first saw it Friday morning at Jetpower, 2 days later I'd ordered one off Ali!

I have a scheme in mind which I hope works out OK [&:]

Alex48 12-27-2009 01:39 PM

Those pictures look really good, I think this is a very colour scheme critical model if that makes sense.

Alex

hooker53 12-27-2009 01:54 PM

JPZ, did it come with good intructions??

schroedm 12-27-2009 03:28 PM

The kit comes with a CD of pictures and that's it. Standard German jet kit approach. Anyway, what do you want for your $4000 [X(]

SAP_2000 12-27-2009 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: JPZ
I think this is one of the best jets for aerobatic
Have you flown it allready? It does not look very flyable in the picture you posted...[:D

JPZ 12-28-2009 04:59 AM

Hi

Powered by 160 engines

JPZ 12-28-2009 05:02 AM

Of course, not with my plane, but you will see !

JPZ

LGM Graphix 01-03-2010 01:00 PM

Has anyone else received one of these, I keep looking at it wondering if my Kingcat should find a new home in place for one of these.....

LGM Graphix 01-03-2010 01:06 PM

Doesn't look bad in this paint job

http://www.altecare.com/tdfutura/tom...ignfutura5.jpg

schroedm 01-03-2010 01:37 PM

Jeremy,

Mine arrives tomorrow so I'll update the thread with any pics/info you want so just ask.

For those that are borderline this model is Very scheme dependant. Most people who have disliked it tend to change their mind when I show them the red scheme you posted!

Cheers
Mark

Dave Wilshere 01-03-2010 02:14 PM

Mmm I think it swollowed the whole bottle! Luckily there are people out there with a broad mind, sure it flys well, it's a comic book Hawk afterall.

Dw

Alpenglider 01-03-2010 02:34 PM

Hi Mark!

Could you do me a faver?
I would look for something like a nice 3-view drawing (picture) in white which i could use to do some graphic designing. Maybe i can come up with something which feeds my taste!?

Cheers, Thomas

Robrow 01-03-2010 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Doesn't look bad in this paint job

http://www.altecare.com/tdfutura/tom...ignfutura5.jpg
Good lord, is that a fullsize human or is that jet as big as it seems in the photo?

Rob.

schroedm 01-03-2010 02:37 PM

Thomas (and anyone else)

If you have the Realflight Simulator I have the Futura file from TomaHawk which you can open in the aircraft editor, spin the 3D model around to any position you like and print off ready to play with your kids' colouring pencils! :)

Cheers,
Mark

schroedm 01-03-2010 02:40 PM

Rob,

Slightly deceptive but it is pretty big. 2.5m span and 2.7m long.

Top top quality moulding skills give an AUW of an impressive 15kg!

Rgds,
Mark

Alpenglider 01-03-2010 02:50 PM

Hi Mark,

many thanks for your answer!

To bad i dont have a realflight simulator! Would it be possible to do this for me and send it via mail as pdf to me (one from top, one from bottom and one from each side)?
I really would appriciate your assistance!

Cheers, Thomas

gruntled 01-03-2010 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: schroedm

Thomas (and anyone else)

If you have the Realflight Simulator I have the Futura file from TomaHawk which you can open in the aircraft editor, spin the 3D model around to any position you like and print off ready to play with your kids' colouring pencils! :)

Cheers,
Mark
Can you fly the jet in Realflight with that? If so, and it works with v 4.5, would you e-mail it along?

Couch-pilot 09-13-2010 07:56 PM

2nd that! It's GORGEOUS!!! And probably the only way I'll get to fly one....:(

AndyAndrews 09-13-2010 09:27 PM

sorry, wild turkey was projecting itself on me that night. I'm sure its a great flying machine.