RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   DerJet Cougar in the UK (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/9470426-derjet-cougar-uk.html)

Dave Wilshere 02-02-2010 03:19 PM

DerJet Cougar in the UK

1 Attachment(s)
We have been following this manufacturer for some time and after checking out a Cougar kit over the last couple of weeks we have decided to act as the UK agent. The companies confidence in their product was shown and very receptive approach to any comment made, plus positive feedback from Eric at JetCentral made us decide to handle this model and future projects. The kit we have shows great attention to detail and an excellent scale finish. The glue joints are all perfect and accessories feature high quality items, the sort of stuff you would be happy to include in any model.
The Cougar has long been a favourite of mine, the biggest problem was selecting which scheme I will have! Perfect size for P120 power, it would fly OK with a P80SE (or any other turbine with 20lb +)
Not the lightest airframe, but good quality wood and plenty of scale features like a sliding canopy and operational hook plus an expected good sit in the air make this a potential winner. There has been much drooling from those that have seen the kit we have now.

Dave Wilshere

JP-1 02-02-2010 03:32 PM

RE: DerJet Cougar in the UK

Dave ,

That looks very nice indeed.

Alistair

schroedm 02-02-2010 03:58 PM

Looks pretty impressive Dave.

Pricey??

Dave Wilshere 02-02-2010 04:21 PM

Not looking so, so far! Intro price will be confirmed tomorrow, it will include pilot.

Dave

gruntled 02-02-2010 04:59 PM

If it is the same as the USA kit, it was surprisingly complete for the price.

Geoff White 02-02-2010 05:25 PM

I think its a good choice to import these Dave as I have only heard positive comments about the cougar.

marc s 02-02-2010 05:36 PM

Very nice kits by the look of things, if they do any Mig's you won't even have to paint the inside;)
Will be watching the range, nice one Dave.

marcs

Dave Wilshere 02-02-2010 05:36 PM

Same kit as the US.
Geoff, Ian is happy with his.

Dave

Geoff White 02-02-2010 05:56 PM

Hi Dave,

I know of another one in the UK and that owner is impressed with the quality. Any plans to expand the range?

Geoff.

Dave Wilshere 02-02-2010 06:14 PM

Mark?

Yes, there are new projects coming

Dave

Delta Mike 02-02-2010 07:26 PM

Can anyone give me details as where this Kit is available in the U.S.?

Thanks, DeNNIS

rcpete347 02-02-2010 07:32 PM

HI Dennis, Eric from jet Central is the US distributer.
http://www.jetcentralusa.com/

Dave, which pilot do you have, can we get a better look.
Rcpete

Dave Wilshere 02-03-2010 03:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pete

It's the pilot DerJet supply. As an extra. Can't remember the extra cost.

Dave

Dave Wilshere 02-03-2010 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some assembled pixs.

Selleri 02-03-2010 07:41 AM

Nice bird.

Ever wondered what LIENS is? :D The other one on this pic is less visible...

[img]{akamaiimageforum}/upfiles/31260/Jo31220.jpg[/img]

Carsten Groen 02-03-2010 08:13 AM

Whatsa "EVEL BOLT" ??

Selleri 02-03-2010 08:15 AM

A very bad bolt! ;)

gruntled 02-03-2010 08:45 AM

That is funny, I saw that too and just figured it was some military terminology I had never heard of.

Ali 02-03-2010 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
;)

Ali 02-03-2010 09:45 AM

A shame really, as it does look the nuts in terms of shape and surface detailing. I had a chance to bring these in a few months ago but declined. When I saw that Shui had one with him last week in the Dominican I thought I might regret my decision as it did look superb ( Shui had his weathered slightly which made it look even better)
A few lbs lighter and this would have been a great model. Certainly the best that Fei Bao have made in my opinion.

Vincent 02-03-2010 10:45 AM

The interior shots of the jet remind me of my Fei Bao Mig-21 construction. I am guessing that is where this jet is built. Not a bad thing if this is true, my FB jets are very well built and are extremely durable.
V..

Dave Wilshere 02-03-2010 12:05 PM

I Pity you....

The Airworld Cougar weighs 44lb, this one people say will come in around 33-34lb, it has a tonne of area, not that much less than the AW version. I'm not at all worried about the weight. Steve Elias was just in looking at the example we have here and he picked it up with the comment it's not that heavy. FB make the moulded parts, DerJet the rest.

In the UK we have come to expect childish comments from...

Dave Wilshere

Ali 02-03-2010 12:28 PM

Childish comments??? Now that coming from you is rich. I was merely stating the truth. Have you ever picked one of these things up fully loaded? Have you ever even seen one of these fly? Nothing childish in any of my comments just plain truth.
The model looks great
The model is detailed superbly
The model is Heavy
The model flies heavy simple as that. Two pros and two cons. Yet you seem to have missed the pro's part of my first post.. Strange that!
Keep your pity and.... ( Well You know what you can do with it )

Andrew Bird 02-03-2010 12:44 PM

Wow - the sexual tension is killing me. You two should just get a room..........

Ali 02-03-2010 12:47 PM

:D