Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

recomendations on hop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 01:36 AM
spazzyfry123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recomendations on hop-ups

I have the 2.5 maxx and its still stock (not right not right at all ) so i was wondering on what type of hop-ups would be good; for both looks and performance? :rainfro:
Old 07-29-2003, 02:33 AM
gtxracer7

RPM wheels make it look good and are tough as crap. Dynamite shock sets look sweet and are the best you can buy! I would get those. I would also get the pullstarter to replace the EZ Start. Thats about it. Have fun!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Alteramod

how about a performance airfilter and/or different tuned pipe. Both will give you better performance. Then I would get tires/rims for looks :P
Old 07-29-2003, 03:50 AM
spazzyfry123

anything considering the engine, i finally got it tuned right (the 2.5) but after this thing gets toasted, im gonna need a new one, so i was looking at the http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPV46&P=0 -that is the .15 cv hyper. and i was looking at the http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDRB9&P=7 -that is the sirio 3.0 but if i did get one of those what all would i need to replace because of the new horsepower?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:51 AM
spazzyfry123

and for that air cleaner, how about the motorsaver? and for a pipe what kind?
Old 07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Legendary

Default The Motorsaver is great!

I have had mine for over 2 years now and it has worked great!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Dlock

Get a Ritter Pipe, one of the best for the 2.5...
Old 07-30-2003, 02:05 AM
spazzyfry123

considering the engine, i finally got it tuned right (the 2.5) but after this thing gets toasted, im gonna need a new one, so i was looking at the http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...p?&I=LXPV46&P=0 -that is the .15 cv hyper. and i was looking at the http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...p?&I=LXDRB9&P=7 -that is the sirio 3.0 but if i did get one of those what all would i need to replace because of the new horsepower?
Old 08-01-2003, 12:27 AM
spazzyfry123

any input on the new engines? :rainfro:
Old 08-01-2003, 12:35 AM
rsgunther

Default upgrades

Hey,

I've got a T-maxx 2.5... I sold my 2.5 motor on Ebay and bought a sirio .18 3.0cc motor, I use it with a motor saver air filter, robinson spur gear & clutch bell. Robinson brakes, and a viper fail safe. So far, it is great. I think I will add the Team Associated shock kit for the t-maxx 2.5 next.

Also, running proline road rage tires on an extra set of T-maxx stock rims. I usually run on asphalt so this combination works great.

1 note, I also installed the FOC kit (forward only kit), thereby removing the forward / reverse tranny parts & the extra servo & such.

The sirio .18 is GREAT.. .lots more power, lowend and highend, and much more stable (idles great, easier to tune & such)... I am using the stock pipe, but ordered the sirio pipe (on backorder), I will upgrade it when the new pipe comes.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:54 AM
spazzyfry123

Default Re: upgrades

Originally posted by rsgunther
Hey,

I've got a T-maxx 2.5... I sold my 2.5 motor on Ebay and bought a sirio .18 3.0cc motor, I use it with a motor saver air filter, robinson spur gear & clutch bell. Robinson brakes, and a viper fail safe. So far, it is great. I think I will add the Team Associated shock kit for the t-maxx 2.5 next.

Also, running proline road rage tires on an extra set of T-maxx stock rims. I usually run on asphalt so this combination works great.

1 note, I also installed the FOC kit (forward only kit), thereby removing the forward / reverse tranny parts & the extra servo & such.

The sirio .18 is GREAT.. .lots more power, lowend and highend, and much more stable (idles great, easier to tune & such)... I am using the stock pipe, but ordered the sirio pipe (on backorder), I will upgrade it when the new pipe comes.

Just my 2 cents.
just curious- how much did you get out of your 2.5? ($ on ebay)
Old 08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
rsgunther

Default ebay

I got $89.00 for my 2.5
Old 08-01-2003, 08:25 PM
T-Maxx_CA

After breaking my bulkheads i invested some money into skid plates. I bought F/C/R hardcore racing ones that go past the bumper and protect you from landing on it. I love the looks of they and the protection they provide.