RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

pic posting problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 02:11 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic posting problem

how do i post lots of pics in the same post like others do? i have some pics i found of my weed wacker powered truck.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:44 AM
RC Jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the best way is use a hosting site, such as, RCpics

To post pix in forums that support "IMG":

After uploading pix to the hosting site,

1. right clik on the pic you uploaded and go to properties , this being done an small window will come up with the pix info and usually ends in JPG or whatever format you uploaded the pix in.

2. Copy the entire command line, (the one thatends in JPG).

3. When you post a message here, there is an "IMG button" above your text, clik on it. 2 small windows will open up, (one at a time); the first one is what you want to call it and the second is where you paste the command line that you had copied from your pix hosting site, paste it and hit ENTER. That's all there is to it.

tip: after you paste the line in the IMG box, there is usually an sm- just before the name of the pic, remove that sm- to get a full size pic.

BTW, I'd like to see that weed-whacker truck pix!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:40 AM
Isphius

i have a crude website with pics that i started in january and just remembered. It has a picture or 4.

http://www.geocities.com/killerbeeze/Gallery.html
Old 07-31-2003, 03:40 PM
RC Jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13 mph?? You need to change the gearing. Try looking over at New Era, they stock large scale parts. All that power & torque is being wasted on 13mph; that truck should be doing something like 45 or better and you'd still have "seat of the pants" accelleration.

One other thing....I think I'd stretch that wheelbase some You also might try mounting that gas tank on the front to make it more driveable, spread the weight out, to keep it from flipping over.

What are you using for a driveline?
Old 07-31-2003, 09:55 PM
Isphius

the stock spur gear has a chain sprocket bolted/glued on, and the clutch on the weedwacker has the same sprocket attached to it. i think i found the chain drive in a copy machine. i really cant change the gearing, its quite fixed, unless i find more sprockets in that same size.