RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Stiffer T-maxx Shocks

Old 08-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Everton
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stiffer T-maxx Shocks

Hey,
I'm still quite new to the nitro sense but I have learned a lot so far. I just took out the spacers on the shocks to lower the chassis. I would like to make the shocks stiffer. Can I put a higher shock oil in there to make it stiffer. Or do I really have to buy new shocks and springs. I really don't have the money to buy that stuff so I'm trying to get around that. I'm a poor college student. Please any help would be great! Thank you for your time!
~Everton~
Old 08-05-2003, 03:42 AM
JAYNC
My Feedback: (7)

the only way to make them stiffer is to put a lot of spacers in there. If you ever do buy new shocks I recommend the traxxas big bore shocks, I could drop mine from 6 feet straight down and the chassis wouldnt hit the floor. I also recommend rpm rims and pro line tires, the rims widen the stance over an inch and the combo takes over a pound of weight off the truck. good luck
Old 08-05-2003, 11:30 AM
flatlander_14

dont get the wide rims if you have the widemaxx suspension. its not worth it and it kills your turning ability. get some trinity blue springs. i have team associated shocks, and i find that the stock springs with about 2cm of preload spacers, 45wt shock oil, and shock piston 3 in the back and 2 in the front is awesome for me. i want it a bit stiffer, so i think im going to get the blue trinity springs and put them on the four corners of the truck.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:23 AM
bandit800

you should of got a hole bunch of little round plungers with 1. 2. and 3 holes in them . you have to take the shocks aparet and change the plunger you should have the one with 3 holes in it now so put one of the other ones it them the one with 1 hole is the stifest and if thats not enof put hevyer oil in them