Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

24.7 tuning

Old 08-05-2003, 08:53 PM
T-man20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24.7 tuning

Iam having alittle trouble with the tuning of my 24.7 what are some of you guys running yours at (HSN & LSN)? everything was running good engine wise through breakin (except for the gears) but now it just seems to cut out every now and then so i messed with it some and its worse it boges down right from the get go now i tryied both leaning it out and riching it? any suggestion
Old 08-05-2003, 11:18 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default 24.7 tuning

Start the engine, and pinch the fuel line right in front of the inlet niple. If it speeds up in less then 3 seconds richen the LS needle 1 turn. If it speeds up in more then 3 seconds lean the LS needle 1 turn. The bottom end of this engine should be snappy and very strong, if its not your LS needle is out of wack and youll need to do one of the 2 things above!!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:14 PM
T-man20

Default 24.7 tuning

alright thanks what about the HSN
Old 08-06-2003, 02:53 PM
T-man20

Default 24.7 tuning

OK i can only give it about a 1/4 of the throttle before it dies if i dont go more than that i can drive it around. my HSN is about 2 turns out and my LSN is 1/2 a turn in from stock (the stock setting are HSN 2 1/2 and LSN 7 1/2) the truck does the same thing on these settings as well) i flipped the truck once not very hard at all and it has been doing this ever since. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:41 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Default 24.7 tuning

Ok set your Hs at stock settings, this has nothing to do with the lowend so do not use the HS to fix the doggy lowend. You should get the engine to start in one pull or 2 if the lowspeed is set right!! Now on the other hand you might have some other problems with the engine, so check and see if theres any fluid leaking around the engine!! I probably cant be much help on the turns in or out on the needles becasue I dont use those as a reference, I know exactly how it should sound and run so this is how I tune my engines.
WIth the things your telling me I think you have an air leak some where, obviously something is not right if you flipped the truck and it runs crappy now!!

These are the cause's of your problems, and it could be any of them!

-to rich or to lean LS settings
-air leak in the carb
-air leak around the back plate
-or cracked crank case

Anyways try to lean out the ls needle a bit more, 1/2 turn or so, if this does not help you probably have a pretty good air leak.