Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

racing my nitro stampede

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 03:33 AM
rcf360m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing my nitro stampede

i just took my nitro pede to a track for it's first time. the truck definetly had the power to pull itself around the track with a higher topspeed than my friends ofna buggy.( considering that i put an o.s. cvx in it) the only problem is that the stock tires give absolutely no traction on the unprepared, hard packed surface. i could not even think about tapping the throttle around turns with out it spinning out on me. any way i went to the nearest hobby people and asked what the best starting point tire for a hard packed surface was. the guys new the track and said that if the surface is not prepaired you ca'n't have traction at all no matter what tire you use. but the other guys the're could gain some traction with their stadium trucks so i decided not to believe him. what would be the best tire to use as a starting point for a hard packed track? i don't really want to use the 2.2 inch size tires beacause the look really small on a mt so could i use t=maxx tires? i already know that the hex piece is bigger than the pede's but is there a way to make it work?
thanks
Old 08-06-2003, 06:36 PM
flatlander_14

RWD vehicles tend to oversteer, so if you can decrease traction up front, but not TOO much it should help... i guess. try using a hobby knife or something and taking some treads off of the front tires to make the slick.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:52 PM
James1701

Change your gearing. So you have less bottom torque and more top end speed. That ways its harder to break the tires loose, and will make the truck even faster.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:11 AM
rcf360m

thanks guys. i am short on "car funds" because i have spent nearly 200 bucks recently so my parents aren't eager to go to the hobby shop. so i can't get a new spur or clutch bell to make the gearing higher. but i did try cutting the tires. i didn't really remove any treads but i did cut slits in the rears with a dremel to give the rear more traction than the front and it worked great. thanks