Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tmaxx 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:05 AM
RDAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx 2.5

I tell you what my 2.5 is worse than a woman..Two weekends ago it ran great,pretty much ran whole tank without stalling,shifted fine.following weekend won't run for crap humidity is the same,won't even shift any more nor stay running long enough,it dies as soon as I let go of the throttle.what's up with that?Have tryed to re-tune now blowing plugs left and right.They seem to blow right when it sound like it's fixing to shift..
Old 08-07-2003, 02:24 AM
njmaxxin

Default Tmaxx 2.5

calm down, take a deep breath, count to ten, and release. retune the carb to factory settings and tune from there. everything is going to be all right
Old 08-07-2003, 03:04 AM
RDAWG

Default Tmaxx 2.5

Tryed that,I have taken back to factory setting nothing,very small adjustments nothing seems to work.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:37 AM
Rex2342

Default Tmaxx 2.5

It's the engine.That GOD$#@! is one of the biggest peices of crap i've ever delt with.My freind has had a MAXX 2.5 since December and it has never ran right.It blew the piston/sleeve after 14 tanks.Even after the new piston/sleeve it still gave me problems.We finally got it to run right TWO days ago!!!! We set it back to factory again and didn't touch it and now it's running like a dream.We've reset that thing 10 times with no results and now it decides to work.I ritchened it up about 1/4 turn from factory because it was still to hot and it screams now.The reverse works it shifts and everything else a MAXX is supposed to do.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:01 PM
RDAWG

Default Tmaxx 2.5

WHAT ABOUT THE IDLE,IT WON'T IDLE ENOUGH TO PINCH TEST AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS..
Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 PM
remten2001

Default Tmaxx 2.5

you sure your not getting air leaks somwhere?when the engine is running look for air bubbles thru the fuel line...IF there are some you have an air leak somewhere....
Old 08-07-2003, 11:16 PM
elbowcreek

Default Tmaxx 2.5

Had the same problem with mine so I took the motor out and took it apart and resealed everything with Hitemp RTV now it runs like a dream, they may have good o-rings on everthing but that still doesn't mean that it is sealed. reseal it and it may cure your problem.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:51 AM
RDAWG

Default Tmaxx 2.5

Thanks I'm going to try to check all seal,and see If that work..