Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

i have a few questions on the mip 360 stinger for tmaxx...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

i have a few questions on the mip 360 stinger for tmaxx...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:33 PM
flatlander_14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a few questions on the mip 360 stinger for tmaxx...

ok, with my birthday money in hand, i plan on walking into my lhs tomorrow with about a $80-100 budget... well i already know im gonna get a motorsaver filter, i was thinking about helping the engine breath more as well. so can i get some opinions on the mip 360 stinger? ive heard some good comments about it, and to my surprise the search didnt turn up any results i was looking for. does the end of the pipe bolt onto anything so that it stays on and stable? i could get the full mip kit which includes header and all, or i could get the traxxas upgrade pipe along with the header. which do you suggest? i want tons of bottom end more than anything, with as little or no loss on top end if at all possible. as of now my maxx doesnt wheelie, but i think im just too scared to lean it out more, i dont want to lean it out after the head smokes... do you guys even worry about that? i have no temp gauge but plan on getting one soon, in the next week or two. its not so much that i want to wheelie, its the fact that i like to know i have tons of low end grunt and no the sirio or ritter pipe arent an option since i like to get it directly from my lhs...
Old 08-07-2003, 11:09 PM
elbowcreek

I ran the stinger Kit from MIP on my older maxx with a CVRX .15 and it had tons of bottom end snort way more than the stock setup It also helped the stock pro .15 motor. Like you say there is nothing to attach the end of the pipe to when it exits the rear of the truck but I raced mine for a full year and never lost the pipe due to a crash, I did put a tiewrap around the pipe and the rear shock tower just to keep it from bouncing around it seemed to help. I can say this, that I liked the MIP stinger kit. and as far as doing wheelies it is pretty hard to drive a truck with the front tires off the ground that's where you start using the slipper to control the power to the ground.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:34 AM
flatlander_14

ok cool, yeah i just bought a big 600 box of zip ties from walmart so i am gonna tie that sucker down...
Old 08-08-2003, 12:41 AM
flatlander_14

woooo, nevermind im getting the sirio big bore pipe now!! the lhs got them in much earlier than they expected! i would have had to wait 2 months til the shipment was due in! talk about good lhs service! i was just talking to one of the guys about it and they gave it the thought to call me and give a heads up! i feel so loved