Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Cessna26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Monster Truck

I am thinking of getting a monster truck. How much does everything cost. If you could i would like and estimate on electric and on gas. Include everything except for a charger.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:52 AM
NitroXtreme
My Feedback: (1)

Nitro is the way to go. Maintainance costs are about the same. For electric truck you have to buy expensive battery packs and replace them quite often when you like to drive a lot. Buying fuel is cheaper. And nitro trucks are more powerful and faster. They do require more hours to maintain but it`s definetly worth it.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Having both nitro and electric, the costs will actually be pretty close in the end.

With electrics you have to purchase batteries and a good charger (or two if you want to run an E-Maxx). If you buy good batteries and take care of them properly they will last years, costing much less than nitro fuel does. With electric unless you go with a brushless motor you have to cutt comms, replace brushes and springs. This can get costly. When you compare the cost of brushless to brushed motors brushless is more expensive to start, but cheaper after a year or so. To me brushless set ups are well worth the money if you go electric.

With nitro, you get more speed out of the box. However with speed comes many more broken parts. I rarely ever break parts on my electrics, but it's an almost weekly occurance with my nitro. Nitro motors can be hard to tune, especially if you don't know what you are doing. Their tuning changes based upon the weather, elevation, etc and need to be rebuilt anywhere from 2 gallons to 12 gallons, depending on how hard you are on it, the manufacturer, etc.

Overall, it's a trade off and depends on what you want to do. If you never plan on stepping foot on a track and only want to bash a good nitro MT or something like an HPI RS4 MT with a Novak Brushless motor in it would be my suggestion. If you want to race or spend a lot of time on the track with some bashing a good nitro MT or nitro stadium truck might be worth a look. I would also suggest a good electric stadium truck in this instance as well. If you wanted to spend a lot of time at the track and wanted to race I'd suggest going with a battery or nitro stadium truck or buggy, depending on what class you want to race in.

It's all personal preference. I would suggest picking one that you like and sticking to it. Become an expert with that type of RC car and get set up for it. That will make you the happiest in the end.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Cessna26

Do you guys recomend any. If you do could i have a site of it or a picture.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:48 AM
oztexs

yeah .. wait until the savage SS monster truck comes out .. late august.

then you can put your plane away ..