Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Enormouse XTM cooling head?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Avistarpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enormouse XTM cooling head?

hey all, I was looking around a found a big freakin cooling head for my 24.7 Its made my american CNC machining aka acncm.
I still have the little stock head for it and was wondering if anyone has used this head or if it looks ok to use.
Would it change my compression or anything like that.

thanks for all your help, here a link to where i found it:

http://cgi.*********/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...category=44028

look at the pic at the bottom, i have the head to the furthest left
thanks for your help
Old 08-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Turn&Burn

Dude, that is a huge freekin head.....You should not have any probs using it, and I doubt very seriously that it will change the compression ratio....I would say go for it......
Old 08-14-2003, 01:27 AM
Avistarpilot

yeah it is, thanks man. its got a lot of power now and its at 2 1/2 turns out(stock) and i can wheelie. with this baby i can lean er out a bit!!!!!! without it getting hot

I did some research and went to acncm website and i can buy it directly from them for 25 bucks plus shipping!! unless the price goes down on ebay i might as well order from there

thanks again
Old 08-14-2003, 04:55 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

That head would probably serve its purpose quite well!! It is pretty large, and I know for a fact it would not change your compression because the head button is removable on the 247, and I dont think they sell the button with the head. Anyways the only problem with that head would be the ability to with stand a crash because it is made out of 6061 or so they say, one bad crash with that head and you will either rip it off of the engine, or you will bend/brake some of the cooling fins. IMHO I would not go that route, I would buy the Nova 7075 head, not only does it look nice and cool the engine realy well, but it is stronger then anyother head you can buy, you can not brake or bend the fins on this head, I have had some seriously bad crashes with my nova head and never bent a fin, even though there were rocks stuck between them they did not bend. And Im talking about landing upside down off a 5 foot jump with no shell on just digging the head into the ground. Anyother heads would not survive even under less destructive conditions.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:33 PM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

the CRAZY NUT RACING head would! those heads are SO much better than nova heads, IMO. not trying to start a fight but i do not like the nova heads. crazy but is what i would do. they are bigger than nova and have a LIFE TIME WARANTY!

off subject i am having some heads custom made for me for novarossi based engines that have 16 fins and measure 2 1/2"x2 1/2" so if you are interested let me know. i already have 4 heads reserved so they are goin quick!

bubbafien
Old 08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Gumbe

Default Crazu Nut Heads

My buddy got a Crazy Nut head for his 2.5. AWSOME. I was so impressed with its cooling and durability. I just bought one myself for my OS CV-RX .15 with a bunch of my recent upgrades.

He went from running a hair rich at 240 -285 To leaning the hell out of it at 225 to 250. I have seen it take some pretty bad hits to only come out with a scratch.

Cant wait to get all my stuff so i can get this freshly ported motor running.

Take Care
James
Old 08-14-2003, 09:57 PM
Turn&Burn

I have used the crazynut as well and it works wonders......It is made of 7075 as well as the nova and If you break it crazynut will replace it!!!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:46 PM
SixVi6-Camaro

crazy nut heads are expensive and I've seen several of them break fins off.

I've have two nova heads both on .247s' and they have been hammered and nothing has broken. in fact I've yet to see a broken Nova head. Also Crazy nut heads are a lot more expensive at anywhere from $65-75 vs the ($45) Nova heads.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Isphius

hmm any of these comapnies make giant cooling heads for the hyper 8-port or thuder tiger pro .21r?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:02 PM
bubbafien

yes CRAZY NUT does! and i have never seen a crazy nut break, and if you do all you have to do is send it in and you got a brand new one!
and the reason nova heads are so cheap is because they barely use any material! this is how they trick you, they say shorter to reduce damage. they mean we will try to fit as many fins in as we can in the smallest space to cut down on spending! but people keep buying into it!

taller the head the more air flow will reach it and cooler running. i run a novarossi m2k in my buggy and with the stock 10 fin head it would run about 230 at the middle of the tank and about 250 260 at the end. after my cnr head i would run about 160-200!

bubbafien