Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OS CV-RX 15 Over-heating

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 11:09 PM
olds97_lss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS CV-RX 15 Over-heating

I have 2 of these engines, one in a XXX-NT and one in a T-MAXX 2.5. After replacing the stock MACH .15 in the XXX-NT with the OS, i don't think i would choose anything else.

So, after breaking in the 2.5 and getting erratic results (over heating, no power, stalling) I bought another CV-RX. After following mfr's break in as i did with my other OS, i'm getting erratic running. Good power, but high temps (280-300).

I have cut out the windshield and the back of the cab completely to improve air flow. I also put in a smaller spur (19 tooth) to allow for less strain on the engine.

If i run any richer on the high, it bogs. If i run any richer on the low, it loads up and dies. Also, when letting off the trigger on a high speed pass, it stays at high rpm for about 2-3 seconds then drops to idle. Not sure about this either. I've also replaced all fuel tubing, zip-tied all connections and sealed the carb neck with high temp copper sensor safe sealant.

In the NT, i get temps 240-260 with outstanding performance. I have about 3 gallons through the NT, and probably 1/2 to 3/4 gallon in the T-MAXX.

I'm using Wildcat 20%nitro/14%oil in both trucks.

No racing, just stress relief.

Any info would be appreciated.