RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

schumacher manic

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schumacher manic

i'm thinking of getting one for $399. any advice from owners? my nitro skills are adequate.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Paul1981

Default RE: schumacher manic

They are great; I've got one here in the UK but I've heard that since Schumacher closed their American branch HQ in Florida, parts are more difficult to get hold of.  I don't know how true that is though.  If, however, you've got an LHS that orders or holds spares then I wouldn't worry.  The servo horn for the steering will need upgrading to an alloy one probably; mine came from the factory stripped, and the first (plastic) replacement lasted less than one run.  I don't know why; there is nothing at all wrong with the servo saver and at the time it was being run-in (on-road).  Using an alloy one is fine though.  You'll probably want to upgrade the radio gear to a 2.4 system at some point too; they only come RTR and the factory 27mHz gear isn't anything to write home about.

They are awesome fun though; tough, brilliant handling, powerful.  There are some good vid's on Youtube if you want to see what they are like properly tuned and thrashed...
Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 AM
trickyricky123

I would really like to buy on of these, from what Schumacher has told me they quit making them because they couldn't make a profit on them. Anyone know where I can buy one?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

well once i decided to get it, stormer didn't list it on their site anymore! too bad.... i wouldn't get it to be my main rc, but if you have a bunch, it's ok if you wait for parts if you need to.