Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

mgt 8.0 carb pops out while running

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mgt 8.0 carb pops out while running

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM
chevyv8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt 8.0 carb pops out while running

my mgt 8.0 was converted from a 4.6 a few years ago. Everything was bought new to convert it. 3 times now, the carb has been ejected from the engine while running. I have tightened the pinch bolt and collars in the correct position twice, this last time I tried a fast dry epoxy. That held for about 5 minutes. No damage to the carb neck or the block bore.

Things I am thinking about trying
-making a notch in the carb neck and flip the pinch collar so the round side is against the car
-drill a hole through the case and dent the carb neck, install a set screw (someone told this on another site)
-install the pinch bolt/collar and jb weld the carb to the block

what are your thoughts, any ideas?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
sparky 25

Default RE: mgt 8.0 carb pops out while running

Perhaps your throttle servo is travelling too far, thus pulling the carb loose,

try setting the end point on your throttle, to eliminate the servo extending past carb when full open.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM
driller2948

Default RE: mgt 8.0 carb pops out while running

Don't belive servo is that strong! I read this before a few years back and what i believe the problem is the pinch collars are too long they touch before there is a good bind. Try grinding material off each of the collars shorting them just a little. That should do the trick> I will try to find the post