Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

stock savage fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 03:12 AM
willisdeez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock savage fuel tank?

maybe its my savage but after running for a quarter tank or so, fuel stopped flowing into the carb. when i hit the primer it would flow half way to the carb then stop or flow backwards. whats wrong?!?!?! when it cooled down it seemed to flow fine! anyone know why?
Old 08-25-2003, 12:47 PM
8000ft

the problem with the fuel getting to the carb is that when the carb is hot the fuel will "run away" from it. i to have the same thing happening. i haven't figured out a solution yet other than getting a composite body carb.(won't need to though i'm picking up my wasp 26 tomorrow which has one on it). after re-reading your post i realized that mine does this when almost empty. if yours is doing this when almost full, it sounds more like you could have a hole in the fuel line. i would replace at least the one that goes from the tank to the carb. also to even out the fuel supply i would do the "dual tank mod" very easy and cheep.(under 15$) i did it to mine and it has proved worthwhile. do a search for "dual tank" and there are many many descriptions.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:04 PM
willisdeez

i was reading about that on savage-central and i'll try it out this week. what kind of brackets did you use to mount the extra tank?
Old 08-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Rex2342

Thats were your fabrication skills come in lol...I don't have any so I went for the Ofna tank mod.The guys on Savage central have aluminum shock towers.the towers have extra holes to mount the shock and they are using those holes to mount the brackets for the second tank.You can do it without the towers but it doesn't look as clean and you have to fabricate a mounting bracket out of something sturdy.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me, the o-ring in the bottom of the primer got twisted and would'nt hold fuel, when you let the primer go it sucked the fuel back into the tank. Prime it by blowing into the exhaust hose and it should start right up.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:00 PM
willisdeez

so with your ofna tank, is the run time drastically reduced?
Old 08-26-2003, 03:57 AM
Rex2342

Don't know yet.I'm still waiting on the Adenaline tank guard to get her.It should be here Tues/Wed.The truck will be up and running as soon as I get the tank guard and I'll let you know.I sure it will be a big difference in run time though.