Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

How to find retailers in Japan and Europe?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

How to find retailers in Japan and Europe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 05:25 PM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to find retailers in Japan and Europe?

I would love to get ahold of a Savage SS kit, the one that comes without the engine. It's kit #844. Unfortunately, this kit is only available in Europe and Japan. I tried doing a search for this kit using several search engines, and I was only able to come up with a couple places. How could I locate more retailers? Also, will the exchange rate and shipping charges make a purchase from Europe or Japan prohibitively expensive? I've never purchased anything from outside the U.S. before.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Rex2342

The shipping alone will probably take the place of the money you save by not getting the engine.Just get the SS kit with the engine and sell it on E-Bay before you ever use it and get the new engine.It's the equal to the force 25 so I'm sure their will be alot of people that would be willing to buy it.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:23 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I kinda agree with him there.

I know your not a newb at driving, but I really think its a lot better to run a stock motor and then step up to a better motor.
It just seems to give you more appreciation for the motor!

On top of that.. it might be cheaper! Save yourself the headache of international agreements. If your client wants to screw you over. Good luck!
I'd avoid it for that one reason alone; unless its a know retailer of course!

Ram
Old 08-25-2003, 10:20 PM
grampi

Thanks just the same, but I'd really like to find out exactly what the 844 kit would cost from let's say, Europe. There's got to be some reputable retailers over there that the overseas folks buy their hobby supplies from. If it turns out that the exchange rate and/or shipping would make the price prohibitively high, then I'd just go with the engine included kit. I've pretty much made up my mind that if I'm going to get the SS, it's going to be powered by either the Picco, or the Wasp .26, and I don't really want to mess around with having to sell the .25 that comes with it.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Foffen

A little off topic, but i saved about 200-300 USD (incl shipping) on buying my Mega Force from tower hobbies and have it shipped to me instead off buying it here in sweden, just to give you an indication on the prices (the same applies not only to the MegaForce, i was also looking at the savage and T-maxx).

Only place i can imagine that might be fairly ok price wise in europe is germany, but it was till cheaper to get my Mega Force shipped from the US then from the online stores i found in Germany, even though kyosho are quite dominating in europe and should be cheaper one could imagine...

If you need help PM me and i'll see what i can help you out with...