Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or HPI Savage 2350?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or HPI Savage 2350?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 AM
wildbills rc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or HPI Savage 2350?

I currently own a redcat caldera 10e and run it on a 5800 2 cell. Looking to get another truck and really want something that I can play with 24/7 sun, rain, mud...whatever. The new stampede has caught my eye any everyone says how badass and durable it is. Every vidI see this thing looks like a beast and it can be had for $380. But I already have a 1/10 scale in theCaldera and though its a good size it might be coolto have something bigger.But I really also LOVE thenew savage flux 2350 but its alittle more costly at $500 and doesnt even include a battery. I have batteries so that really doesnt matter. I like how the savage looks and how big it is but is it as durable as the pede and can the savage be driven in muddy rain conditions? I lay in bed at night and Im just torn. LOL
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM
SLAYERDUDE

Default RE: Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl or HPI Savage 2350?

LMFAO!
Asking if a Traxxas is as durable as a Savage is apples to oranges.

Savage FTW!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:22 AM
wildbills rc

lol so you vote savage? I understand but people say they cant break the stampedes either. Ihear they are alot more duarble than the e revo and emaxx?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 AM
LaTuFu

I would say probably more durable than the maxx, but about the same or less than the e revo.

If you stick to a stock setup on the revo and the pede, both will be very durable and lots of fun on 4s (revo) and 2s (pede) LiPos.

When you step it up to 6s and 3s, both trucks will have issues until you mod them a little bit.  But then again, so will the Savage.  6s bashing is hard on any truck, no matter who makes it.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:38 AM
wildbills rc

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

I would say probably more durable than the maxx, but about the same or less than the e revo.

If you stick to a stock setup on the revo and the pede, both will be very durable and lots of fun on 4s (revo) and 2s (pede) LiPos.

When you step it up to 6s and 3s, both trucks will have issues until you mod them a little bit. But then again, so will the Savage. 6s bashing is hard on any truck, no matter who makes it.

Ok, I would keep the savage and pede 2 cells anyways. What are your thoughts on the savage vs the tiger then?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
LaTuFu

If the choice is between the Savage and the MT4, I'm picking the MT4. It handles better and its more durable out of the box than pretty much any MT on the market right now.

And it's way less than the Flux or the E Revo.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM
wildbills rc

If the choice is between the Savage and the MT4, I'm picking the MT4. It handles better and its more durable out of the box than pretty much any MT on the market right now.

And it's way less than the Flux or the E Revo.

Its def les than the e revo but its the same price as the savage. The flux 2350 is 500 bucks online shipped. Same as MT4. Im gonna go see if my local hobby shop has the mt4 and see if they stock parts for it
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 PM
LaTuFu

I was referring to the Flux HP, not the 2350.  You are correct, it's priced about the same as the 2350.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
pyromatic177

im getting a sensored motor and esc for my E-revo so that's like both the summit and E-revo right
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
wildbills rc

I was referring to the Flux HP, not the 2350. You are correct, it's priced about the same as the 2350.
I think the 2350 would be plenty fast for me. Plus it would save me 120$
Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

The stampede 4x4 out of the box is a very strong truck and will handle water, etc... without problems. The flux 2350 has an ESC that is not waterproof so you wont want to get water on it. The rest of it probably wont have any water problems unless you submerge it, which would probably fry the receiver and servo. The flux is a lot more truck than the stampede though. They are a real beast.

Its going to be a hard decision that you will have to make on your own. I have a brushless MGT which is the same size as the 2350, but a little longer. I converted it myself and it is a lot of fun to run. Sometimes though I dont like having to use 2 batteries or lug around a 14 pound truck and so I have a brushless T4 that takes care of those duties. So basically it sounds like you already have a 1/10th brushless and the 2350 would be something new for you. You could pretty easily warterproof your current truck and use the 2350 when it was dry.

Both have their advantages, but the flux would be something a decent bit different than what you currently have. Its a heck of a truck. I dont think you'd be dissapointed in it. [8D]