Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

The Official Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

The Official Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Jeronimo21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm trying to resurrect my old mt4, anybody with random Parts laying around specifically Spur Gears??
Old 03-27-2018, 01:24 AM
JENC

Default Suddenly no response at all from steering

I have a Thunder Tiger MT4-G3.

I took it out for a spin today, after it has not been used since fall. Out of the blue the steering servo does not respond at all. And everything worked fine in the fall.

When I power on, it doesn't try to align the wheels to point straight. And there is no response when I try to steer from the remote.

- Do we know of this kind of fail-behaviour from the MT4-G3?

- How do i test to see if the error is with the remote, the reciever or the steering servo?

As I see it, all three of these could be at fault. Can you send some current/power to the steering servo in two of the three cords to see if it responds?

When a steering servo fails, will there normal be a squirke sound, a very slight attempt to move, etc? (here there is absolutely nothing). Can you test af steering servo by giving it current to two of the 3 cords?

I find it odd it just stopped working after 6 months of non-use and hope it could be a setup thing but cannot see what it could be. Throttle, brake, reverse works fine. Sender/transmitter is binded ok, and I have tried re-binding but same error. No turning, but throttle/brake/reverse ok.

Remote: ACE RC Cougar GP3
Reciever: ACE RC TRS403ss
Steering Servo: ACE RC DS1510
Old 03-20-2023, 07:11 AM
CarlMX5
My Feedback: (2)

I'm going to be listing mine for sale soon. I have some extra parts for it as well. We bought a pair of Kratons now and they seem to be okay. Faster, but not nearly as bashable as the TT MT4G3, which will go down as my favorite truck ever. It's just too hard to hunt for parts now.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:03 AM
Watkins82

Default ESC setup and shock and diff oils

Hi there, I've just bought a mt4 g3. It seems in really excellent condition and came without a battery. I have a 3s battery lying around and tested with that but the controller seems to cut out even though the battery is almost fully charged.

I think this is probably a controller setup issue but I can't find a manual for the controller anywhere to change the settings. If anyone knows where to find a manual or advise me how to do the button sequences.

Also I'm going to change the diff and shock oils. Could somebody please advise me on what weight diff and shock oils are recommended for general bashing.